Suggestions need to make our day extra special

SunnyCyd

Hi Everyone,

My fiancé and I are getting married in Aruba during our cruise...so, welcome to our honeymoon! We hope you all enjoy our cruise. 😎 

I am looking for any suggestions to make this trip even more special. Since we are not getting married on the ship, I haven't been able to find much to offer as specialty services. I have ordered flowers for the room and arranged a small cake for our wedding day. Does anyone have any tips on any other items? Should I heavily tip the cabin attendant and hope for the best?

Thank you!

Cyd and Bill

Since you didn't say which ship you will be on, I checked your posting history and see that you will be on the Celebrity Edge. I suggest you check your cruise planner on the X website  for  Celebrity gifts that you could order for your room. There is a romantic package, I believe that includes cabin decorations. You might want to book one or more of the specialty dining options.

Heavily tipping your cabin attendant at the beginning of the cruise is unnecessary,  since you are already paying daily automatic gratuities. Service is usually excellent on Celebrity ships without advance bribes.

3 hours ago, SunnyCyd said:

Hi Everyone,

My fiancé and I are getting married in Aruba during our cruise...so, welcome to our honeymoon! We hope you all enjoy our cruise. 😎 

I am looking for any suggestions to make this trip even more special. Since we are not getting married on the ship, I haven't been able to find much to offer as specialty services. I have ordered flowers for the room and arranged a small cake for our wedding day. Does anyone have any tips on any other items? Should I heavily tip the cabin attendant and hope for the best?

Thank you!

Cyd and Bill

Not sure whether I am talking to Cyd or to Bill - but congratulations, have a wonderful cruise and great times together.  The commitment you make to each other is already pretty special;  my only suggestion is that you (whoever you are) quietly and determinedly commit to make sure that every day, from here on in, you make it your business to  render some small, uncalled for, possibly unnecessary, unexpected kindness to your partner —- 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, navybankerteacher said:

Not sure whether I am talking to Cyd or to Bill - but congratulations, have a wonderful cruise and great times together.  The commitment you make to each other is already pretty special;  my only suggestion is that you (whoever you are) quietly and determinedly commit to make sure that every day, from here on in, you make it your business to  render some small, uncalled for, possibly unnecessary, unexpected kindness to your partner —- 

What a beautiful sentiment! Thank you, I plan on spending the rest of my life making him happy. 

Cyd

Booking special services like a yummy massage is something we do as a treat for each other (we do book two individual massages at the same time vs couples massage, but hey, you have options).  Take advantage of the ship photographers - particularly on formal night - because you’ll have those photos as a wonderful reminder through the years.

we sailed Celebrity Eclipse years ago and they had a special vintage champagne tasting event.  It was $100 per person and the best money we spent.  Don’t know if they do that anymore, but it was great.

congratulations on your marriage - much joy to you both!

Edited by LoriPhil

Congratulations!  Peace and Happiness to you both.

Just some random thoughts...and perhaps crazy ideas...

* In Aruba, there's a free trolley downtown...ride it and have a big sign saying "Just Married".

* Have a sunset dinner outside your balcony.

* Saw this once....have a large photo of the both of you...ask/inform Guest Services if you can display for people to sign...years from now, you'll know who sailed with you...make sure the Captain signs it.

* You can place 3 signs on your cabin door: "About to get Married"..."Just Married"...."Honeymooners"...😊

Again, Congratulations...and Happy Sailing!

If you appreciate exceptional food, a consideration may be for you to book the Chef's Table experience.  There is a pretty expensive fee attached (unsure of what exactly it is on your particular sailing), usually in excess of $100 per person.  If you have an abundance of on board credit, it could be used for this.  It is an amazing experience and takes several hours.  It is a small and intimate group, and if you advise them ahead of time, I'm sure they will recognize your special occasion as well.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, leen50 said:

Congrats, but don't let them decorate with balloons. They did for Hubby's B'day & they started popping at 1 A.M.!!! 

And birds choke on them if they get outside.  Something else that needs to be banned.

• Like 1