Has anyone done the HIIT Class Pack?

WrittenOnYourHeart

I know, I know... Vacation. But I am slightly addicted to OrangeTheory and this is the closest thing to it on a cruise.

The price ($46.02 with the 18% gratuity added on) seems ridiculously low for “access to 4 or more HIIT classes” but that is what the description indicates:

Maximum results in minimal time. HIIT (high-intensity interval training) is a full-body, circuit-based, fat-burning workout through quick, intense bursts of exercise, followed by short, sometimes active, recovery periods. This type of training gets and keeps the heart rate up and burns more fat in less time. 45 minutes. Package includes access to 4 or more HIIT classes. *Confirm class times with The Fitness Center once onboard.”

So am I reading that right? That one price covers 4+ classes??  Also, when I put it in my cart it had me select a time on Sunday. Is that to meet with the trainer and sign up for the times I want from what is offered?

Or is this too good to be true and the price in the planner just covers the “pick your times” slot?

12 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I know, I know... Vacation. But I am slightly addicted to OrangeTheory and this is the closest thing to it on a cruise.

The price ($46.02 with the 18% gratuity added on) seems ridiculously low for “access to 4 or more HIIT classes” but that is what the description indicates:

Maximum results in minimal time. HIIT (high-intensity interval training) is a full-body, circuit-based, fat-burning workout through quick, intense bursts of exercise, followed by short, sometimes active, recovery periods. This type of training gets and keeps the heart rate up and burns more fat in less time. 45 minutes. Package includes access to 4 or more HIIT classes. *Confirm class times with The Fitness Center once onboard.”

So am I reading that right? That one price covers 4+ classes??  Also, when I put it in my cart it had me select a time on Sunday. Is that to meet with the trainer and sign up for the times I want from what is offered?

Or is this too good to be true and the price in the planner just covers the “pick your times” slot?

That seems to be right with the description. I wonder if the have them for beg, intermediate and advance ?

Would be interesting in hearing from other.

Sea ya

Eric

• Like 1

When someone posted the daily sheets from a cruise, I saw that the HIIT classes were offered once each morning at like 8am.  I’m a CrossFitter so the HIIT  classes appealed to me as well, but with shore excursions, etc. the time would be impossible except for sea days, and we only have two of those.

hopefully someone can chime in with information on scheduling.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mauidiver said:

When someone posted the daily sheets from a cruise, I saw that the HIIT classes were offered once each morning at like 8am.  I’m a CrossFitter so the HIIT  classes appealed to me as well, but with shore excursions, etc. the time would be impossible except for sea days, and we only have two of those.

hopefully someone can chime in with information on scheduling.

If the 8am thing is usual it looks like I could make 4 on mine. No excursion for Key West - just walk around on my own, and Grand Cayman we do not even get there until 10am. Plus the 2 sea days.

If no one reports in before, I will likely do a live-ish trip report in Feb.

Thanks for posting this, I think I shall try to sign up for this... as I have never done this type of exercise regimen before.

If offered on our sailing in November on The Edge.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

You can also bet the house that they will pressure you into buying some product to get maximum results.

i remember a few years back we went to a fat burning seminar.  The presenter was trying  to sell some algae or sea weed pills.  I challenged him and he replied that he didn’t know why we were there as both my wife and I needed  to gain weight.   We weren’t looking for the magic pill that he was trying to sell but just more info on keeping fit and healthy. 

We were doing P90X, Insanity and still do a lot of the Beachbody  workouts.  He was very arrogant and a real jerk.  

Since that we don’t attend or sign up for any of their fitness programs.  As Elite Plus we do get a few free classes and I did the spin class once.   Nothing special and I felt a waste of time. I wanted to try it as we bike an average of 20 miles per day during the summer.   Spinning was very boring and didn’t seem like much of a workout. 

My wife and I are in our 70’s and we just use the time on a cruise as a rest time to give our bodies a break and enjoy the cruise.

Don't expect any miracles.  You are on a cruise and they don’t want any injuries or medical emergencies. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, miched said:

You can also bet the house that they will pressure you into buying some product to get maximum results.

i remember a few years back we went to a fat burning seminar.  The presenter was trying  to sell some algae or sea weed pills.  I challenged him and he replied that he didn’t know why we were there as both my wife and I needed  to gain weight.   We weren’t looking for the magic pill that he was trying to sell but just more info on keeping fit and healthy. 

We were doing P90X, Insanity and still do a lot of the Beachbody  workouts.  He was very arrogant and a real jerk.  

Since that we don’t attend or sign up for any of their fitness programs.  As Elite Plus we do get a few free classes and I did the spin class once.   Nothing special and I felt a waste of time. I wanted to try it as we bike an average of 20 miles per day during the summer.   Spinning was very boring and didn’t seem like much of a workout. 

My wife and I are in our 70’s and we just use the time on a cruise as a rest time to give our bodies a break and enjoy the cruise.

Don't expect any miracles.  You are on a cruise and they don’t want any injuries or medical emergencies. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I am not looking for miracles. I already do OrangeTheory almost every day and am looking for a way to continue something similar on board. But thanks for the cynicism. 

• 3 years later...

On our Equinox cruise in March, they had a similar pre cruise offer, which we considered, but decided to wait until we’re onboard to see the actual schedule. The app (pre cruise) was showing hit classes 5 of the 9 days. When we boarded, we headed to the gym, and found that they had a different exercise class plan which offered HIIT classes only 3 times (one which was late afternoon) and then offered various yoga and spin classes throughout. The schedule did offer a 7 am stretch class each morning (no charge), and then some type of class most days at 8 am and 9 am. Classes are $10 per class. They did have a cruise pass for all classes for $100 (9 day cruise), which was discounted to $90 on boarding day, which we bought. We managed to squeeze in enough classes to just break even, but only two were HIIT. I think in hindsight, we would just pay as we go…..we did our own HIIT workouts some days when the studio didn’t have classes happening.

• 1 month later...

I'm all for fitness and understand some need to book something so they stay motivated but it just bothers me personally to pay for schedule fitness classes on a vacation.  Even if it takes you an hour, do 50 burpees a day in your room