What are some great wildlife things you’ve seen from a cruise ship?

Interesting to see that some people can be standing at the rail and not see anything when others can be looking at the same area and see many things, wildlife and such. I was watching and trying to photograph some flying fish and another passenger asked what I was taking pictures of, When I said flying fish, they looked down, snorted and said they don't exist and walked away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Interesting to see that some people can be standing at the rail and not see anything when others can be looking at the same area and see many things, wildlife and such.

Sometimes, that is a good description of me.  I think it has to do with each person's vision.  And, maybe their reaction time when someone yells "whales at 9:00".  

6 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Sometimes, that is a good description of me.  I think it has to do with each person's vision.  And, maybe their reaction time when someone yells "whales at 9:00".  

LOL, I remember being told of a passenger who was upset when they went out on the promenade and couldn't see any wildlife and what upset them most was that the naturalist had said that they were some to see at 10 o clock, at least they had no crowding at the rail.😋

• Like 1

80+ whales of three different species in Antarctica, all around the ship, everywhere you looked, for a couple of hours.  The ship's historian, who had been sailing Antarctica for 40 years or so, said he had never seen anything like it.

Baby hammerhead sharks alongside the ship in Galapagos.

3 hours ago, ShipsandDipper said:

80+ whales of three different species in Antarctica, all around the ship, everywhere you looked, for a couple of hours.  The ship's historian, who had been sailing Antarctica for 40 years or so, said he had never seen anything like it.

Baby hammerhead sharks alongside the ship in Galapagos.

Wonderful experiences while being on the ship

Crane hitched a ride on the Horizon from Bermuda to Tortola.  Passengers tossed him food as he sat near the bulkhead at the rear of the ship.  He got off as we neared Tortola.

Edited by hancock