Price Drop Check Pays off in a Different Way!

johnjen

Ran a price check through a mock booking - prices dropped from $200 over what we paid, down now to just $17 above the price we paid. So, no actual PD's yet....however, when doing the mock check, immediately noticed an aft JS had opened up instead of the starboard side JS we were booked into (at the time there were NO aft cabins available).

When we did this booking, we were told by the agent we were in a "wait list" for an aft cabin to open where they'd call us to see if we wanted to be moved, but when I called, today, the agent said that the aft had just opened up this morning - he took care of my request to move to that now available cabin - which had opened up a mere 20 mins prior to my call!

What luck, it truly pays to keep checking for PD's and feeling fortunate I noticed this.

• Like 6

I'm pretty sure there's no real "waitlist".   The best thing to do if you want a particular cabin or category is just to keep checking availability.

Edited by BND
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, BND said:

I'm pretty sure there's no real "waitlist".   The best thing to do if you want a particular cabin or category is just to keep checking availability.

I was put on a wait list for one of my Alaska cruises, having missed out on favorite aft cabin 9256 Radiance.  Figured..."Oh yeah..like that is ever going to happen".   Got a call two weeks later to see if I still wanted it.  Yes!!  🙂 

I have seven different wait lists going right now (trying to avoid having to move cabins on several B2Bs).  Hoping I get lucky again, but indeed I still check almost daily.  

• Like 1

I had booked a GS on Harmony and was checking on a potential price drop. There wasn't, but I asked the agent to price out an OS and the cost difference was only 106 for both for the entire week.

I still check everyday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

I was put on a wait list for one of my Alaska cruises, having missed out on favorite aft cabin 9256 Radiance.  Figured..."Oh yeah..like that is ever going to happen".   Got a call two weeks later to see if I still wanted it.  Yes!!  🙂 

I have seven different wait lists going right now (trying to avoid having to move cabins on several B2Bs).  Hoping I get lucky again, but indeed I still check almost daily.  

Knowing how RCI usually works and what they tell people sometimes, I'm not sure if I'd hold my breath about a waitlist either.  It's definitely not something you read about often here.  We have two b2b's next year (Adventure in May and Harmony in Nov) and we made sure we don't have to change cabins.  We also book through our friends who are TA's so we don't deal directly with RCI.   It seems like so many luck into what they're looking for by stalking RCI's website.

6 hours ago, BND said:

Even if there is a wait list, in my experience on both RCI and Princess, you can "jump the line" by being diligent and grabbing a stateroom as soon as it becomes available.

I've had Cabin booked, been on wait list for a better one and seen it show up available online. No Call. So I booked it myself right away. This has happened twice. I look 2-3 times everyday for Price Drops. Saved thousands last few yrs. Last 2-3 yrs scored multiple Military Discounts....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BND said:

Knowing how RCI usually works and what they tell people sometimes, I'm not sure if I'd hold my breath about a waitlist either.  It's definitely not something you read about often here.  We have two b2b's next year (Adventure in May and Harmony in Nov) and we made sure we don't have to change cabins.  We also book through our friends who are TA's so we don't deal directly with RCI.   It seems like so many luck into what they're looking for by stalking RCI's website.

I usually book very early to be able to have same cabins.  Life changes have opened up longer cruises for us, with many of them booked later than I normally like to do.  That ended up with various cruises with cabin change requirements....otherwise I would usually not book a B2B if I had to change cabins.  Oh well...if I can't get the legs connected in same cabin by cruise time...it will be a "travel down the hallway" turnover day.  😉 

Edited by island lady