booking excursions online

Susnyk

I'll be booking shore excursions later this month.  I understand from reading other posts that I will have to be on my computer, with my finger poised over the Enter button and my eyes kept open with toothpicks at 12:01 in the morning!  Can't wait for that.  Anyway, could someone here tell me a bit about procedure?  Specifically, will I have to choose excursions in chronological order?  First port, second port, etc.  Or can I go straight to the day that includes the one excursion that is most important to me and then go back to the First port, and so on?

Thanks, Susan

It isn't quite as crazy as it sounds.  You don't have to book excursions right at 12:01 a.m. but it doesn't hurt to do that either.

You can go in any order that you wish.  If there is an excursion that I really want, I'll book that one - check out and then go back in (that way, it is registered).  Unfortunately, unlike when you book dining reservations, if you change your mind, you would need to call Regent to fix it (when you book dining reservations, you can change it yourself).

The important thing is that your account is set up on the Regent website.  

56 minutes ago, Sharle said:

I usually do them the next morning at 6 am. Not functioning very well at midnight. Have not been closed out yet.

You are fortunate.  Last year I forgot to book excursions until 8 a.m. (Pacific time) the next morning and two excursions were waitlisted (we cleared one but not the other).  It could be that there were more return passengers that were aware that they needed to book early while cruises with a lot of people new to Regent (like Alaska cruises) may think that they can wait indefinitely.  

I booked last night (well really early this morning).   When you go on line at 12:01 you may see "unavailable."  Simply be patient, they just aren't quite ready.  It took a few minutes but they were finally ready for booking.  Simply click on the port you are interested in and the excursions will come up.  Highlight the one you are interested in and it will come up with the description of the cruise, and after the description, it'll show your names with a box next to each name.  It'll also show the start times so if multiple offerings, you can select the time you want if available.   Simply click the box for each person and add to cart.  I did all my ports before checking out.   On our first cruise last year,  the tour I wanted didn't show up.  I selected a second choice.  The next morning it was there, so I simply called Regent and asked if I could switch and it was done.  So if you don't see your tour, you might want to either wait a bit or grab one and then call and change if your original tour shows up. 

Edited by papaflamingo

I imagine we will be up all night next May for our 2021WC chooses. For the interest of time can my husband be booking excursions on one computer and I on another. I suspect we will be up all night just from sheer excitement of the trip finally seeming real.

I don't see why not. As long as its not the same port. I bet all the excursions won't be available anyway as the cruise is so long the later months might not come out until a later date when we are closer to the time the segmenters can book those tours.

I have always done excursions the next day or so.  I have already reviewed them and knowwhat we want to book.  I also look at all the excursions when they become available because sometimes one may be added or one may not be there.  Our last cruise, I had to wait list two excursions, but they both cleared.  Also, my computer, or the Regents web site, was acting up and when I checked out I had lost an excursion, so I started checking out after each cruise.  While this took longer, I was able to be sure that I got the excursions I wanted.

• 5 weeks later...

As first timers we were surprised when we got the notification from our TA that we could pick our shore excursions.  Our cruise isn't until the end of June 2020.  We hadn't done any research.  So we were a couple of days late in making selections, and still haven't quite finished.  But we had no problem getting what we wanted. 

Hated the online reservation service, we had tons of problems with connectivity

13 hours ago, xrvlcruiser said:

Aunty Jan,

Once you've made your choices, you can call Regent and get them to book the tours you've picked. This works well and is far simpler that trying to do it on line.

Peggy

Agree, easier to ring especially if a tour is repeated as to which time to take, also allows you to do 2 tours in a port as to the allowed gaps.

Our reservation for a Sep 26, 2020 cruise to Canada shows the earliest we can book shore excursions is Jan 30, 2020. Is there any way to find out more info such as the cost of the news we have to pay for, how long they last and to/from times of the day? Useful planning info I think.???

3 minutes ago, MarcyLondon said:

What happens if you're in the UK trying to book excursions online? Will I book a 5 01 am UK time. We are 5 hrs ahead of the East Coast of America. It's a bit confusing

Marcia

Yes..it would open at 5:01 for you.  So, you set alarm or just book when you get up. 

A few days ago (12:01 AM, 11/20/2019), I selected our excursions for our July 17th 2020 Explorer cruise. It was the earliest time that I, as a Platinum (or in a Concierge suite), could reserve excursions for this cruise. Although I was fully prepared, it took me 1 hour and five minutes but I got all 11 that I wanted (disclaimer, cruise is very lightly loaded). Process is tiresome and Regent's ( and/or my) computer system is "clunky". 

Tip: Be prepared!

1. Three days before excursions opened for reservations, I went to that cruise on Regent's "Find A Cruise"; selected the FIRST port AFTER embarkation that had an excursion (NOT a sea day); clicked that port; noted the Regent offer (just above the excursion list) to send me a Pdf file via Email that listed all the excursions to be offered on the cruise; and, received the list within 5 minutes. The list, by port, shows all the excursions to be initially offered, their duration, time (s) they start, additional cost if any, AND a good description of the potential difficulty in participation.  Yes, I was prepared.

2. I live on my computer. Yet, I find the Regent system for reservation (at least on "first night") to be tedious (remember its midnight plus for me). Tip: read and rigorously follow the Regent instructions about Checkout or your selections may "disappear". Yes, I believe tht calling Regent first thing that morning (if they are open that day) to be a VERY good option.

3. My on-line strategy is to select and checkout by priority. First are my "small group" and/or "Regent Choice". Second checkout are those for which DW and I don't see any alternatives that fit our capabilities/interests.  Third checkout is for those excursions that maybe we'll do and maybe we won't.

4. Check back immediately after selection to confirm that your selections are posted to your Regent Account. You should also receive Email confirmation from Regent.

Hope all of this helps someone.

Thanks Deep Freeze

We have an added slight difficulty as our “D” day for booking is midnight (US EST) on New Years Eve (so 5.00am on New Year’s Day for us, what a great start to the year!).

has anyone had experience where the opening for booking excursions has varied with Regent ; our time certainly rules out ringing Regent!

interested by your priority method and will likely follow suit, I was a bit surprised that you went for the extra charge Regent choice first (the small group ones yes I understand that as a method). On our cruise (Baltic on Explorer late August 2020) we have used an identical cruise in June 2020 as a dummy run. We have only identified one extra charge cost excursion ( not a small group one) that we want (I should add we are doing three days in St Petersburg on our own private tour) so should we go for that first?

5 hours ago, Belfast Taxman said:

Thanks Deep Freeze

We have an added slight difficulty as our “D” day for booking is midnight (US EST) on New Years Eve (so 5.00am on New Year’s Day for us, what a great start to the year!).

has anyone had experience where the opening for booking excursions has varied with Regent ; our time certainly rules out ringing Regent!

interested by your priority method and will likely follow suit, I was a bit surprised that you went for the extra charge Regent choice first (the small group ones yes I understand that as a method). On our cruise (Baltic on Explorer late August 2020) we have used an identical cruise in June 2020 as a dummy run. We have only identified one extra charge cost excursion ( not a small group one) that we want (I should add we are doing three days in St Petersburg on our own private tour) so should we go for that first?

CLARIFICATION - Ah yes, there is always a personal element.  We don't do "extra charge" excursions unless we absolutely want them. So my "extra charge" priority was my shorthand for "MUST HAVE".