HAL Captain to Virgin Cruises

SilvertoGold

55 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Never met this captain.

But I do know that officers as well as other crew do move from cruise line to cruise line.

Our wonderful waiter on Allure left HAL and came to RCI. He just got a better contract.

On 10/8/2019 at 5:28 PM, sevenseasnomad said:

You bet it will!  From what I've gleaned from the Virgin Cruises press releases, anything goes on these new ships, including nudity.  

Can you imagine that on HAL?  Many would go running and screaming and likely jump overboard.  Oh my :).  Others would continue to nap.

Hnak

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/8/2019 at 3:32 PM, SilvertoGold said:

Captain Marco Carsjens, with HAL since 1994, has signed onto Virgin Cruises.  Sailed with him and thought he was great, a good fit with HAL.  This will be a big change for him!

Since Virgin Cruises has announced the first captain of the Scarlet Lady is Captain Wendy Williams I’m guessing Captain Carsjens will be her relief captain. 

4 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Can you imagine that on HAL?  Many would go running and screaming and likely jump overboard.  Oh my :).  Others would continue to nap.

Hnak

While I do not like my poor vision, I appreciate being able to take off my glasses and blur the world in such circumstances 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hnak

Nap for me😉.  I am old enough to have seen it all.

• Like 1

About five years ago on a HAL ship  a man was told to "cover up" when sunbathing totally nude on the upper deck.  I only heard about if from his wife who was on the same Trivia team as I was.  She was NOT happy with him stripping on the ship although they were active nudists at home resorts.  She did not think it appropriate on a HAL ship.  Interestingly, I NEVER heard about the incident from anyone else

• Like 1