Carnival Legend

daisymay1960

I am going on her - January 12th. This will be our 2nd time on her. We also sailed the Miracle twice from Tampa. The Spirit class is a perfect fit for us. 7 day cruises from Tampa usually have an older demographic. We only sail from Tampa now that hubby is getting older.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Outside of the Alaska season, the Legend has mainly been sailing in Australia. So, its probably discussed more on the Australian boards.

This is probably the main reason for lack of mention on this forum of the Legend. It has been spending five months in Alaska (as the only ship Carnival sends there) and seven months in Australia though, as alluded to, it's moving to Tampa in just a few days. Next June it's moving to Europe for five months before returning to Tampa.

ETA: we've sailed Legend twice, once to the Western Caribbean and once to Alaska. We do like the Spirit class ships best. :classic_smile:

Edited by joepeka
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

Any rooms/decks to absolutely avoid, if possible? We're in 8244 I believe.

The usual caveat about trying to keep cabins above and below you applies, and it appears the 8244 is below the Serenity Deck bar which should be relatively quiet most of the time. That cabin is just one deck down from the Serenity and the buffet so I think it's a pretty good pick.

We've stayed in VS cabins and loved them except for the last night in the deck 4 VS this past Summer - there was some sort of party or event going on in the MDR directly below and it was quite loud until about 11PM. :classic_sad:

Edited by joepeka
  • Thanks 1

We picked blindly but I think it's close enough to the bar where we shouldn't hear much chair scraping. I like going up for breakfast and taking it back to the room, but usually with a balcony. Thanks for the look, I think it turned out pretty good too. It's a two week one so.... 

Hopefully we won't have any parties on top of us!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

We picked blindly but I think it's close enough to the bar where we shouldn't hear much chair scraping. I like going up for breakfast and taking it back to the room, but usually with a balcony. Thanks for the look, I think it turned out pretty good too. It's a two week one so.... 

Hopefully we won't have any parties on top of us!

We're doing the 16day transatlantic on Legend in the spring, it gets good reviews for sure. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

We did the Legend in Alaska June 2016, before the upgrades.  We liked it.  Smaller than all our previous cruises, so a little adjustment to us... mostly the lack of people!  It was weird not having to stand in line all the time to get food, or into dining room, etc.  Things just flowed so smoothly.  Decor was a little dark and very ornate for my taste, but I would expect they updated some of that in that drydock.  If not, its just part of the charm.  And now that they have Guys and Blue Iguana for lunch, it will be even better.  

I am currently trying to talk DH into doing the Legend out of Tampa in Feb... he still won't decide if he wants to cruise then.  We are already booked on Spirit for Alaska again in July 2020, the sister ship.  So excited about that at least.

So if anyone does a trip on Legend soon, please post a trip report and tons of photos!  I need to get DH to agree to a cruise on her in Feb!

robin

• Like 3

14 hours ago, joepeka said:

This is probably the main reason for lack of mention on this forum of the Legend. It has been spending five months in Alaska (as the only ship Carnival sends there) and seven months in Australia though, as alluded to, it's moving to Tampa in just a few days. Next June it's moving to Europe for five months before returning to Tampa.

ETA: we've sailed Legend twice, once to the Western Caribbean and once to Alaska. We do like the Spirit class ships best. :classic_smile:

She's also sailing from NY at least one cruise next May as we are booked on the May 16th Journey 🙂 We've sailed the Pride twice and really enjoy that ship.  We watched a video last night (something in the name about a suit, the gentleman wore colorful suits) that gave a nice tour of the ship and it looks very similar to Pride.  I think the link might have been in the thread about Legend Steakhouse Brunch (which looks awesome!).

• Like 1

Lottacruises, your cabin is directly under the Serenity deck bar. Good thing the bar stools don't move they are bolted to the deck. So deck noise shouldn't  be that bad. I have been on 13 Carnival cruises, 7 of them have been on Spirit class ships and 3 on the Legend. In my opinion the nicest ships in the fleet. Have a great cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We'll be on the Legend next Sept., a Mediterranean cruise.  After 7 times on the Pride, and once on the Miracle, I'm sure you will love the size, space, and layout of the ship. I'm looking forward to seeing another Spirit class ship.

• Like 1

Thank you

Our first cruise was on RCI mariner of the seas and we hated it ......we dont know why , maybe it was too big ?

All our subsequent cruises have been on smaller old and according to some reviews about to to sink under all the rust and we have loved them 

Celebrity  Millenium,  P&O Oceania  , Ventura , Acardia ( didn't like)

And Marella / Tui discovery and dream

So we are far from fussy lol

• Like 1

I will be on Legend on Nov 3.  I have never cruised the Western Caribbean or on Legend but love cruising.  I have been on Miracle, a sister ship in the Spirit Class, one month after Miracle began sailing in 2004.

Is there any specific info you are looking for?  I hope to post a review after we return.

On 10/10/2019 at 6:43 AM, pacruise804 said:

She's also sailing from NY at least one cruise next May as we are booked on the May 16th Journey 🙂 We've sailed the Pride twice and really enjoy that ship.  We watched a video last night (something in the name about a suit, the gentleman wore colorful suits) that gave a nice tour of the ship and it looks very similar to Pride.  I think the link might have been in the thread about Legend Steakhouse Brunch (which looks awesome!).

At least 2 from NYC! We are booked on the 5/25 9 night and then she heads to Europe. 

I love and adore Spirit class ships, perfect size (to me), amazing Serenity area and just all around easy to get around. Plus Vista Suites, which are perfect for my family of 3. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 9:43 AM, pacruise804 said:

I'll be sailing on her May 16th, 2020.  It will be our 4th cruise on the Legend. LOVE the Spirit=class ships. We have our 4th cruise on the Pride 14-day Journey cruise November 2020.

Karen

• Like 1