Alchemy Bar

4evercruiser

On 10/13/2019 at 1:43 PM, smurfm69 said:

We love the Alchemy Bar!  All the drinks on the menu are very good but it's more fun to go off menu.  Tell them what you like and let them work their magic.

Great, great bar!  I'm not sure what I drank, but they were great drinks.

On 10/14/2019 at 12:12 AM, Jafa73 said:

I won't drink anywhere else on Carnival ships

On 10/14/2019 at 12:32 PM, coevan said:

You don't drink all day? You can't say you drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

I'm not sure where you got the poster said he/she drinks all day??? Some people don't start until afternoon/evening.

• Like 1

Great bar. We finally decided that we will not cruise on a ship that does not have Alchemy and the Red Frog Pub. They are our main focal points of the evenings and we typically cruise with friends and have a blast at trivia in the Red Frog Pub. I recall one cruise where we won every night, but one (that night it was a tie and the tie breaker was who could drink a pint the quickest. I lost because it was a domestic beer. When that happened later in the week we won because I had them switch mine to a Guinness. I believe the host was Samuel Lemmons (good guy). I think it was on the Sunshine.

7 hours ago, conjr said:

The addition of the Alchemy Bar on any ship will sell us on the Cheers package.  We really enjoy the pre/post dinner drinks.  Salut!

I totally agree!  What fun it is to try different drinks and enjoy the "show" of the "chemists" making our drinks.  This is what makes CHEERS worth it to us!

10 hours ago, NRichard10 said:

Are the drinks in the Alchemy Bar comparable in price to all the other bars or are they more expensive?

Does anyone know what the ingredients are for the Deal Closer? Looks very yummy.

Thanks

Vanilla vodka

Amaretto

Bailey's Irish Cream

Dark Cream D. Cocoa

Shaved Chocolate 

i had 2 every night

Edited by beerman2
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, NRichard10 said:

Are the drinks in the Alchemy Bar comparable in price to all the other bars or are they more expensive?

Does anyone know what the ingredients are for the Deal Closer? Looks very yummy.

Thanks

The drinks on the menu are $10.95. Drinks can be more expensive if an alchemist makes you something special, which I highly recommend, depending on what they use to make the drink. 

On 10/14/2019 at 3:42 PM, Saint Greg said:

Best bar on the ship....unless you're on the Magic the first week of December. It's supposed to be really bad that week and people shouldn't sit there.

Lol, the crowd (overstayed, but you get the drift) at the Alchemy bar is all part of the fun.  

Wonderful Bar.  I had some sort of modified Mojito that was on the menu which was amazing.  Mostly i just ask the "mixologist" to make me something of their own creation and have yet to be disappointed!

The drinks are good, a little higher than some of the others.  The thing about Alchemy is that the bartenders are fantastic.  They will create a drink for you if you give them a little info about what types of drinks you like.  It's just a unique place to go.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, Bobbylah said:

Great bar. We finally decided that we will not cruise on a ship that does not have Alchemy and the Red Frog Pub. They are our main focal points of the evenings and we typically cruise with friends and have a blast at trivia in the Red Frog Pub. I recall one cruise where we won every night, but one (that night it was a tie and the tie breaker was who could drink a pint the quickest. I lost because it was a domestic beer. When that happened later in the week we won because I had them switch mine to a Guinness. I believe the host was Samuel Lemmons (good guy). I think it was on the Sunshine.

Last cruise I was on was the Sunshine in September 2018 and I went in Red Frog Pub and asked about trivia and they said they weren't doing it anymore.  :classic_sad:  Has anyone else heard this?

Last cruise we did on the Pride in January had stopped the Red Frog Pub Trivia as well.  We had done a previous cruise and had won a fishbowl I think 6 out of our 10 nights.  Was one of the activities we looked forward to back in January and it was gone.  

On 10/23/2019 at 7:48 AM, beerman2 said:

Vanilla vodka

Amaretto

Bailey's Irish Cream

Dark Cream D. Cocoa

Shaved Chocolate 

i had 2 every night

Do you know how much of each ingredient you would use for this drink?

would love to try it st home before I go on the cruise to see if they taste the same. 

Thank you beerman2!!

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

recipe for the Deal Closer, item #6:

https://cruiseradio.net/7-alchemy-bar-recipes-mix-home/

Rum or Vodka probably makes no difference. However the ingredients on the Achlemy Menu shows Stoli Vanila Vodka.

Heck I saw a post that John Heald even said rum. He must not have looked at the Achlemy Bar menu 😂😂.

4 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Rum or Vodka probably makes no difference. However the ingredients on the Achlemy Menu shows Stoli Vanila Vodka.

Heck I saw a post that John Heald even said rum. He must not have looked at the Achlemy Bar menu 😂😂.

Thank you. I will give it a try tomorrow.

• Like 1