Just off the Equinox - Only 1 free movie on Demand

Pennstatedj

We have done our 58 cruise on X. Over the years until this last cruise there have been from 5 to 10 free movies on the ship not counting the channel that has continuous movies. There always were movies that were very current which cost money. I hope that answers the post  from Oville. 

We just got off Eclipse. I did not count how many free movies their were. I want to say 20 movies. I did see that at least one movie was also on the pay side. I'm not sure if it make any difference, but we were in a sky suite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twodjs said:

Sounds like many commenting have no idea about the CruiseCritic uproar that happened a few weeks ago. It wasn't about movies outside or in ComedyCentral, it was about the sudden elimination of free on-demand in stateroom movies. After hundreds of posts, calls and emails, Celebrity backed down and reinstated free in-cabin on-demand movies. Some don't partake, but for many, these offer an important option during chill time. So when the OP reported only one on-demand movie available, the calls began again - as it appeared Celebrity had broken their promise. However, after talking with Celebrity, they have again promised at least a dozen on-demand movies are available. Just making sure the promise is kept. As others have posted, maybe there is confusion during the selection process. So fix it!

Looks like an inaccurate report at this time. 

It always brings out the usual drive by posts that do not care about in room movies anyway but want to stir the pot for some reason  lol.   

Good drill for those of us who do care as it let's X know we are watching them!

Edited by Nymich

We sailed the Reflection (12 days) in March, Equinox (7 days) in April and the Reflection (13 days) again in September.  All  had free on demand movies.  However, many were repeats.  They need to rotate more.

On 10/15/2019 at 8:42 AM, jelayne said:

We were on the Summit in July and there were at least 15 free on demand movies but it wasn’t easy to determine which were free vs pay.  DH initially thought all were pay.  Eventually he was able to figure out which were free & watched a few.

I should have paid closer attention to the options when we were on the Summit in September. Maybe next time. 

I'm getting on a 15-day Northern TA next week.  If there aren't any free movies available, I'll definitely post here.  Last year's TA had all outside decks and balconies closed for the entire crossing.  Every available indoor space was packed so in-cabin movies were a welcome diversion.  I bet some of the "I never watch movies on a cruise" contingent would have noticed on that cruise if free movies hadn't been there. :classic_wink:

We just returned from a Princess cruise, where we had dozens of free On Demand movies,(  plus foot stools on our balcony)

We were originally booked on this sailing on the Equinox.   Sorry to hear they’re so stingy with the in-room movies.  

And free movies on demand should be more transparent.   If the icon says BUY, I would think that that movie is not free.