Brilliance lounge access?

My son's family will be sailing in a Brilliance Grand Suite. I have read that "some suites" have access to the concierge lounge. I am assuming that the GS is included. Am I correct?

We are D+ but in an Ocean View cabin on the sailing. I believe I saw something that allowed D+ into the Concierge Club as well. Is that also true?

Thanks for any clarification! Maureen

2 minutes ago, mringenoldus said:

I am assuming that the GS is included. Am I correct?

I believe I saw something that allowed D+ into the Concierge Club as well. Is that also true?

Yes and yes.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, George C said:

Brilliance is by far my favorite concierge lounge really large with a real bar with barstools and a outside area. 

That's because it used to be a real lounge and when they dedicated it to the CL, they kept the bar and bar stools.  Very enjoyable lounge.

2 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

I’ve always heard how nice the Brilliance CL is and we were hoping to experience it on the May TA to Amsterdam but due to the large number of D+ on that sailing, D+ was excluded. 

As you know, that’s common on aTA. They do a great job in the safari club, though. (Or whatever the name is on Brilliance)

47 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

As you know, that’s common on aTA. They do a great job in the safari club, though. (Or whatever the name is on Brilliance)

Agreed. They did a great job with the nightly event there. I think it was called the Colony Club.

Edited by blackshirt

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Bar stools are cool, but generally taken early, and often by the same folks. 😉

Did a TA on brilliance a couple years ago and the few nights we visited the concierge lounge we had no problem getting a nice seat at the bar. We went in about 7 PM   Don’t know the situation prior to then or when the happy hour opened as we never went in that early. 

We like that lounge set up. In fact, we often prefer to sit at a bar and that is why we don’t go to the lounges that frequently, but have a cocktail at one of the bars around the ship.

m

15 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Did a TA on brilliance a couple years ago and the few nights we visited the concierge lounge we had no problem getting a nice seat at the bar. We went in about 7 PM   Don’t know the situation prior to then or when the happy hour opened as we never went in that early. 

We like that lounge set up. In fact, we often prefer to sit at a bar and that is why we don’t go to the lounges that frequently, but have a cocktail at one of the bars around the ship.

m

Totally agree we rarely spend that much time in concierge or suite lounges always have drink package, but on brilliance we were there hours every day , excellent staff and concierge, after I asked for a drink that they did not have barmaid said she would go to another bar and get it, I said that was not necessary.

1 hour ago, blackshirt said:

I’ve always heard how nice the Brilliance CL is and we were hoping to experience it on the May TA to Amsterdam but due to the large number of D+ on that sailing, D+ was excluded. 

Serenade didnt exclude on her TA this spring, but we hung out in Schooner and Colony Club.