Do we need jumpers for white night

tring

2 hours ago, aussie travel bird said:

Bonnie, they make me feel like a Sumo wrestler in them, 😄 so my cabin attendant or butler obliges me with exchanging to the 'waffle' type from the spa.  However my daughter loved them so much she had us buy a plush one on board for her last year.  The ever obliging Guest Relations Manager let us store with them until we could pick up in Sydney at New Years.  Win win for all.

I agree, I find them too thick and also very heavy. I’d be happy with a lighter weight robe.

I am the odd duck that uses a terrycloth bathrobe after I get out of the shower, so I love the Azamara bathrobes!  I’ve wondered if our cabin steward is confused that for an entire trip we had only use one bath towel (for my husband) 😅  I bring small microfiber towel for my hair because it works better for my curly hair.

Last year I purchased one of the Azamara robes with OBC and I use it every day at home after my shower.

I noticed today we had a third bathrobe—two in the closer plus the one I use, which hangs on the bathroom hook. Luckily for a week-long cruise, we weren’t tight on closet space.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hiccups said:

I am the odd duck that uses a terrycloth bathrobe after I get out of the shower, so I love the Azamara bathrobes!  I’ve wondered if our cabin steward is confused that for an entire trip we had only use one bath towel (for my husband) 😅  I bring small microfiber towel for my hair because it works better for my curly hair.

Last year I purchased one of the Azamara robes with OBC and I use it every day at home after my shower.

I noticed today we had a third bathrobe—two in the closer plus the one I use, which hangs on the bathroom hook. Luckily for a week-long cruise, we weren’t tight on closet space.

I’m really interested to know why a microfibre towel for curly hair please?  I have wavy hair.  Thank you.  

On 10/17/2019 at 12:40 PM, BBMacLaird said:

The bathroom door is where we hang our used towels after showering...and the bathrooms, as noted by others, are quite small already.  I've thought of asking the steward to remove them but there may come the time we need to use them. As I write this I wonder if we offer the thinner 'waffle weave' cotton bathrobes onboard?  (Such a first-world problem I know!)

The robes are huge and I’m too short for them.  One of the first things I do is ask my attendant to remove them from the room. DH doesn’t care for them either.  We’ve never really felt a need to use them,

I did learn something new.  The Brits have a whole new meeting to jumpers than we have in the states. I wondered why a man would be wearing a jumper. 😉 

10 hours ago, Werangels said:

I’m really interested to know why a microfibre towel for curly hair please?  I have wavy hair.  Thank you.  

It keeps the cuticle of the hair flat to help reduce frizz, plus it absorbs water more quickly.  In the US, a lot of women also use a plain cotton t-shirt.  

There is a theory of hair care called “curly girl” where they advocate putting product into soaking wet hair, and then using the microfiber or cotton afterwards to soak up excess water and let the curls define themselves.  At first I thought the towel would soak up all the product, but it doesn’t.  I do a mix—use the towel to take out some water, then apply product, then sometimes use the towel again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hiccups said:

It keeps the cuticle of the hair flat to help reduce frizz, plus it absorbs water more quickly.  In the US, a lot of women also use a plain cotton t-shirt.  

There is a theory of hair care called “curly girl” where they advocate putting product into soaking wet hair, and then using the microfiber or cotton afterwards to soak up excess water and let the curls define themselves.  At first I thought the towel would soak up all the product, but it doesn’t.  I do a mix—use the towel to take out some water, then apply product, then sometimes use the towel again.

Thank you.  Now on the search for a towel to try.