Live from Island October 17,2019

arizonaperson

On 10/18/2019 at 11:02 PM, geoherb said:

I hope you have a great cruise. I had fun on the Island Princess this summer. Are Natalie still the CD and Susan still the ED?

No the cruise Director is Benny- good but very animated. He has 3 ( Tom very good, Elle- way too silly and laughs as oppose to talks through most conversations, and William- good)assistant CD’s apparently that is a new “ thing”?

The Entertainment Director is Mark Young.

On 10/24/2019 at 10:37 PM, fredflint said:

I am on the island in just a few short months Nov 2021 we have cabin D506 anyone in the group have a cabin near there or are you doing a cabin crawl interested in seeing how open the balcony is.

Thanks

Hopefully before 2021 you will know about your D506 room.  I am pretty sure your balcony is wide open And no cover from the sun.

On 10/24/2019 at 7:37 PM, fredflint said:

I am on the island in just a few short months Nov 2021 we have cabin D506 anyone in the group have a cabin near there or are you doing a cabin crawl interested in seeing how open the balcony is.

Thanks

Hopefully this helps

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id7.html

6 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

????

I already explained above.  I made a mistake and posted this question on the wrong thread.  (Should have been on a HAL thread.)   Again, I am sorry.....

We are cruising on the Island this coming Christmas.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I had another balcony question.  Do some of the balconies not have roorfs.  If so which ones?  Are they all on the Aloha deck?

Yes some are uncovered/partially/covered.

This website will tell you which ones are or not on the Coral/Island Princess.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

1 hour ago, fredflint said:

Yes answers my question perfectly.  I am hoping as time goes by we will be able to change cabins if not may pick up some clamp on umbrellas

Be sure to use a safety tether on the umbrellas to keep them from blowing over board. ;=)  At least until your room  steward takes them in.  Princess frowns on things like that on the balcony. 😊

Edited by 2 cruises a year

11 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes some are uncovered/partially/covered.

This website will tell you which ones are or not on the Coral/Island Princess.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Thanks.  We are covered:)  At least our balconies are for the next two cruises.

On 10/25/2019 at 3:47 PM, jennybenny said:

Yes, We were on the Island in April. There is Crown Grill, Sterling Steakhouse and Bayou, depending on the ship. 

I hope you have a wonderful dinner.  Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you.

Interpretation: Each Princess ship has one of the three restaurants listed above. Grand class ships have Crown grill, the Island and Coral have Bayou, and I don't know which have the Sterling.

1 minute ago, donswife said:

Interpretation: Each Princess ship has one of the three restaurants listed above. Grand class ships have Crown grill, the Island and Coral have Bayou, and I don't know which have the Sterling.

Pacific Princess

Thanks for your live!  Enjoyed reading it.  Did you enjoy the D626 covered balcony? Been in one like that before?  In December I'll be in the same room but starboard side - D627.  I've only ever done mini suites in the past, but the December sailing I'm on is just a quick 4-day getaway so I figure it's a good opportunity to try something different.