Acceptable formal night attire

OSUTRIKERS

Or whatever they call this now.   So, on Holland specifically for us, the Noordam, what really will pass on this dinner night?  I’ve seen some blogs versus what HAL website says.   I can understand no jeans, no flip flops, shorts,etc.   will nice casua pants work, without being slacks?   Collared shirt, ie golf type or casual. Women in slacks or nice pants?   We have a group of 8 and I’m trying to direct them best I can and not overpack. Thanks

7 minutes ago, OSUTRIKERS said:

Or whatever they call this now.   So, on Holland specifically for us, the Noordam, what really will pass on this dinner night?  I’ve seen some blogs versus what HAL website says.   I can understand no jeans, no flip flops, shorts,etc.   will nice casua pants work, without being slacks?   Collared shirt, ie golf type or casual. Women in slacks or nice pants?   We have a group of 8 and I’m trying to direct them best I can and not overpack. Thanks

Uh oh...

Nice pants and a collared shirt is all anyone needs for a gentleman.  Doesn't have to be dress slacks.  Women can wear slack/pants and a top.  Others will undoubtedly come on and advocate for "making an effort" to "dress up" and say bring a sport coat or a cocktail dress...  Pack what you will be comfortable wearing - "make the effort" by ensuring your clothes are clean and not rumpled, you took a shower and your hair doesn't look like you have been in a cyclone 😉

On Gala nights for the last few years we have seen many men wearing nice slacks with collared shirts -- ladies with nice slacks or skirts with nice tops or nice dresses.   And this is how men and women dressed in the specialty restaurants as well.

Very few men wore jackets and/or ties, very, very few tuxedos.  Very, very women wore gowns.

DH is elated that he won't have to take a suit to the Amazon River like he did 6 years ago!  He will wear dockers and a collared shirt.  I will wear dress slacks, a sparkly top and beautiful pashmina.  People only see you from the waist up anyway!  So glad the dress code is more relaxed.  We cruise to enjoy each other's company at a table for 2, not to "impress" others.

Karen

1 hour ago, Loreto said:

DH is elated that he won't have to take a suit to the Amazon River like he did 6 years ago!  He will wear dockers and a collared shirt.  I will wear dress slacks, a sparkly top and beautiful pashmina.  People only see you from the waist up anyway!  So glad the dress code is more relaxed.  We cruise to enjoy each other's company at a table for 2, not to "impress" others.

Karen

We will be at the table for two next to you 😀.

Almost everyone wears what's comfortable for them.  It's a personal decision; however, the maître d' still has the option to refuse to seat those whom he feels aren't appropriately dressed.  We have seen passengers wearing jeans on Gala Night turned away from the MDR.  OP, though, isn't suggesting wearing jeans.  From what you've described, it sounds as though you will be fine.  Have a lovely time.