Golden Princess sailing into Port Lincoln today Oct 30

Welcome all to my fabulous home town, we've put on a wonderful morning for you, not sure it's going to stay that way as it's forecasted to get windy later. I hope everyone has a great day, unfortunately I'm stuck over the hill working all day! I am going to a Princess cruise presentation after work, to drink wine and wave goodbye as she heads back out.

4 minutes ago, LincolnLegend said:

Welcome all to my fabulous home town, we've put on a wonderful morning for you, not sure it's going to stay that way as it's forecasted to get windy later. I hope everyone has a great day, unfortunately I'm stuck over the hill working all day! I am going to a Princess cruise presentation after work, to drink wine and wave goodbye as she heads back out.

LincolnLegend

Im not on the ship but what would be the attractions for a cruise ship passager.

I did a road trip there 20 years ago and love the area. Especially the seafood.

One of my favourite places.  Free shuttle buses into town and what a lovely little town it is just to walk along the promenade/beach or browse the local shops.  Stop for coffee or seafood.  Residents are so welcoming and cruise visitors feel special.  First time there some years ago I did a full day trip to Whalers Way I think it was called (the Rugged Coast).  Loved it.  Plenty for sea food lovers but I love the unspoiled natural beauty of the coastline.

13 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

It was a hot and windy day.

we missed Kangaroo Island as was too rough to tender.

Now in Adelaide where 1000 passengers are getting off today. We are doing a tour this afternoon to wildlife park

Have fun Sarah. Shame about missing KI.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:31 AM, Chiliburn said:

LincolnLegend

Im not on the ship but what would be the attractions for a cruise ship passager.

Sorry Chiliburn, I've only just seen this. I think there is lots to see and experience, depending on the interests of the visitor. I know they run a hop on/hop off loop that stops at various places around town, including parks, museums and seafood eateries.

There are also lots of tours on offer, including swimming with sea lions, visits to oyster farms, visits to national parks and koala sanctuary areas. There are always markets on, showcasing local talent and the walk from the ship to the markets along our beautiful beach, with it's sculptures of Makybe Diva and the recent addition of the Tuna Poler is fabulous as well! There are also a number of friendly pubs with outdoor seating across the road from the beach for a nice meal and a frothy if that takes your fancy!

On 11/1/2019 at 12:14 PM, icat2000 said:

It was a hot and windy day.

we missed Kangaroo Island as was too rough to tender.

Now in Adelaide where 1000 passengers are getting off today. We are doing a tour this afternoon to wildlife park

I didn’t realise you were on the same cruise as us, Sarah. We joined in Adelaide! We’re in E219 if you want to say g’day. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 12:52 PM, The_Big_M said:

I did swimming with the Tuna on a cruise there a few years back, though unfortunately that's moved on now.

i did that though didnt swim at the time someone had stolen most of his fish sadly including one that liked a belly scratch , but i think the guy that had that racehorse bought it and it is now at victor harbor 

On 10/30/2019 at 11:01 AM, Chiliburn said:

LincolnLegend

did a road trip there once too loved it the fish co op doing a tour there was cool got to try some of the local fish etc was great