Carnival Panorama - Shipyard Delivery 10/29/19

CCLcruiser91

Great to see that the "keys" to the Panorama were handed over to Carnival and her Captain today. We are excited to see this happen in that we are on the inaugural voyage, and the next one immediately following. One day closer...

This will be our first time on a ship's inaugural voyage. So I am curious about the crew shakedown procedures. During the transit, will the ship be fully staffed with crew? I realize that this is a non-revenue sailing, but might there be VIP's, family, friends etc. aboard during segments (or all) of the transit to give the crew the benefit of training and polishing, before she receives her first paying passengers? Or will it be a partial crew,  therefore picking up the balance of crew in Long Beach? I have not been able to glean any official information regarding these questions (yes, I watched the delivery video, ...however painful 😉 ).

Any information, experiences, thoughts, or guesses on these questions are appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Carnival Panorama itinerary:

Oct. 31  Leave Marghera (Venice).  In fact, she is already on her way.  I wonder if the sailaway was a Halloween Party...

6 Nov.  Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands

17-18 Nov.  Montevideo, Uruguay  Pick up crew

26-27 Nov.  Valparaiso, Chile  Pick up Crew

08 Dec. Arrive Long Beach 04:06am

If you want follow along with her you can do so on https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:12.396/centery:45.350/zoom:12

I joined a FB group about Panorama trying to find out itinerary.  Got this from an entertainer group that is onboard.  EM

Update says they will stop in Puerto Vallarta on 5 Dec.  Guess they will need to hit the WalMart there...

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Carnival Panorama itinerary:

Oct. 31  Leave Marghera (Venice).  In fact, she is already on her way.  I wonder if the sailaway was a Halloween Party...

6 Nov.  Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands

17-18 Nov.  Montevideo, Uruguay  Pick up crew

26-27 Nov.  Valparaiso, Chile  Pick up Crew

08 Dec. Arrive Long Beach 04:06am

If you want follow along with her you can do so on https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:12.396/centery:45.350/zoom:12

I joined a FB group about Panorama trying to find out itinerary.  Got this from an entertainer group that is onboard.  EM

Update says they will stop in Puerto Vallarta on 5 Dec.  Guess they will need to hit the WalMart there...

Thank you for the information. Very informative.

That WalMart in P.V. is a location gold mine.

It's pretty exciting to see the ship on the ship tracker. We have 60 or so days till we board, but at least it's headed this way. It would be interesting to know if there is family or others on board. What a great trip, I believe they are going around South America, I have not heard if they are going through the Panama Canal.

27 minutes ago, MEUB1112 said:

It's pretty exciting to see the ship on the ship tracker. We have 60 or so days till we board, but at least it's headed this way. It would be interesting to know if there is family or others on board. What a great trip, I believe they are going around South America, I have not heard if they are going through the Panama Canal.

They are not going through the Panama Canal...

4 hours ago, MEUB1112 said:

Thanks, that makes sense given the travel time expected. A trip around the tip of South America would be awesome.

Are there ANY cruise ships that navigate the Tierra Del Fuego?? If there were that would be awesome. But make sure your insurance is paid in full.

10 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Are there ANY cruise ships that navigate the Tierra Del Fuego?? If there were that would be awesome. But make sure your insurance is paid in full.

Is Tierra Del Fuego the tip of South America? If so, I believe that the Splendor made that cruise years ago before the new locks were built on the Panama Canal.

• 2 weeks later...