Symphony Suite-lots of questions-please help newbie

JSR

Hi This is our first cruise on RCCL in 7 years and our first in a suite on Oasis Class. We have a Crown Loft Accessible Suite (Star cat. I believe). This is a very last minute cruise just booking her today because they have an accessible suite (I'm a paraplegic) for 11/23. I am traveling with my husband and our 24 yo daughter. We travel Celebrity often. If you know Celebrity please feel free to use it equate things for me. If it matters we are Diamond Plus, and our daughter is Diamond. We are all bunking in the same suite. 

Here we go:

A- Is CK the designated dinning are for suite guests (like luminae)? 

B- Does one need reservations for CK or can you simply show up?

c- Is the Suite lounge open 24/7?

D- Do they serve complimentary cocktails all day (similar to Michael's club)?

E- if the cocktails are not complimentary can you buy them at any time? 

F- What hours is the Suite Lounge staffed with concierge, bartenders ?

G- Does the suite lounge provide complementary bottled water, soda, coffee, tea to go all day?

H- Is the Suite Lounge open on embarkation day prior to the rooms being ready? 

I- Where is the Suite sun deck located? How does one access it if they can not walk?

J- We have not been to Coco Cay in 2 years. From the looks of it, it has changed drastically (Not to mention how much it has changed in the 20 years since we were first there). We liked the Suite cabanas to the left of where you leave the ship and close to snorkeling. Which location of Cabanas is near there and has amenities like bathrooms, food, and waiters?

K- What is the earliest Suite guests may disembark if they are NOT carrying their luggage off?

L- We are foodies and really like clean food. (We live part time in LA as does our daughter so we have developed the crazy GF, no Diary, lifestyle, our daughter is a pescatarian). What restaurants would you recommend? ( we found plenty for the splurge especially for my husband who begrudgingly goes along with our food limits).

K- Any other tips? 

Thank you for your help and your time. 

Jean

• Like 1

@ Sandbeach- you are correct. We are Sky. My mistake

Though legally they have to give us the Star benefits because they do not offer an ADA option in that category. I have found in the past that it is usually not worth the hassle to have them do this. In this case I will make the phone calls but will not expect it. As this is a vacation and does not warrant a lot f time and hassle. 

So for now please base your answers on us being Sky class. 

Edited by JSR
to quick

We are recently off the Allure in a Crown Loft Suite and, if I remember, it was very similar to when we were on Oasis a few years ago. The Suite Lounge is open on Embarkation Day, before the rooms are ready. Coastal Kitchen is right next to the Suite Lounge (they are in the same room) and lunch I in CK is open at 12 on Embarkation Day. Complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks, from a select menu, are available from 11 AM to 11 PM at the Suite Lounge Bar. Cocktails from a select list are available from 4:30-8:00. You need to make CK reservations for dinner but not breakfast or lunch. The Suite Sun Deck is over on Deck 17 forward; sorry, I do not know if there is an elevator but thinking there may be one. Hope this helps. 

A- Is CK the designated dinning are for suite guests (like luminae)?   Yes.  As sky class you can eat all of your meals in CK if you would like.  

B- Does one need reservations for CK or can you simply show up?  For breakfast and lunch you can just show up, but for dinner you will have the concierge make reservations for you.  He will email you the week before you cruise and help arrange your reservations.  

c- Is the Suite lounge open 24/7?  No.  I can't remember the hours, but I believe it close at 11 o'clock.  

D- Do they serve complimentary cocktails all day (similar to Michael's club)?  Cocktails are free from 5:30-8.  Starting at 11 am you can get free select beers and wine, soda, and bottled water.  

E- if the cocktails are not complimentary can you buy them at any time?  Yes.  There is a bar in there, but it is not a full service bar.  They do not have blenders, but you can get many mixed drinks.  

F- What hours is the Suite Lounge staffed with concierge, bartenders ?  Concierge from 8:30-11:30 and 5-8:30.  Bartenders are from there until 11.  I am not sure what time they are staffed.  

G- Does the suite lounge provide complementary bottled water, soda, coffee, tea to go all day?  Bottled water and soda is from 11-11.  Coffee and tea all day I believe.

H- Is the Suite Lounge open on embarkation day prior to the rooms being ready? Yes

I- Where is the Suite sun deck located? How does one access it if they can not walk?  This is a major problem.  My father is handicap and we too stayed in accessible crown loft on Harmony.  They did not have an elevator, so unless you can walk up a large flight of stairs, you are out of luck.  It is up a flight of stairs on the forward side of the ship from the pool deck.  

J- We have not been to Coco Cay in 2 years. From the looks of it, it has changed drastically (Not to mention how much it has changed in the 20 years since we were first there). We liked the Suite cabanas to the left of where you leave the ship and close to snorkeling. Which location of Cabanas is near there and has amenities like bathrooms, food, and waiters?  Not sure.

K- What is the earliest Suite guests may disembark if they are NOT carrying their luggage off?  We have gotten off at 7 am, but that was star class.  I assume it is similar for sky class.

L- We are foodies and really like clean food. (We live part time in LA as does our daughter so we have developed the crazy GF, no Diary, lifestyle, our daughter is a pescatarian). What restaurants would you recommend? ( we found plenty for the splurge especially for my husband who begrudgingly goes along with our food limits).  CK, specialty restaurants, and main dining room will be very accommodating.  

K- Any other tips? 

@Sandebeach yes, that is very helpful

One more question for everyone - We will be on the ship on Thanksgiving - any recommendations for which restaurant is the best option for the Thanksgiving?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JSR said:

@Sandebeach yes, that is very helpful

One more question for everyone - We will be on the ship on Thanksgiving - any recommendations for which restaurant is the best option for the Thanksgiving?

The MDR will have a turkey option.

Answers for questions D/E:  Michaels offers more variety for drinks than the Suite Lounge as complimentary; however, we found a very accommodating waiter on Oasis who managed to get a “Sex on the Beach” and :Tequilla Sunrise” on 2 different occasions for our 23 yr. old DD.  Being nice helps.

3 hours ago, JSR said:

@ Sandbeach- you are correct. We are Sky. My mistake

Though legally they have to give us the Star benefits because they do not offer an ADA option in that category. I have found in the past that it is usually not worth the hassle to have them do this. In this case I will make the phone calls but will not expect it. As this is a vacation and does not warrant a lot f time and hassle. 

So for now please base your answers on us being Sky class. 

The owners loft and grand loft suites on Oasis and Allure are star class.  Though they are not lofts in the true sense as they do not have an upstairs like the crown lofts.  Though I believe the grand loft does have a few stairs you must traverse to get to the bathroom.

@amybk27 Thank you for all your answers that helps a lot.

I am trying to do a cram course on this ship as we have 20 days before the cruise but I have a lot going on during that time period. I managed to get the cruise booked today, and get plane tickets. Got a handle on Coco Cay even though we have been there multiple times over the last 20 years it is nothing like it was just two years ago. We like to rent a cabana and of course they are in completely different places now. I wan to be prepared when the concierge reaches out to us on the reservations etc. that we need.

* new question. Are there any special dining options. I know years ago we did a Chef's table type dinner on the Edge they had the dining on the Edge?

Thanks everyone for your invaluable help. 

1 hour ago, JSR said:

I am trying to do a cram course on this ship as we have 20 days before the cruise but I have a lot going on during that time period. I managed to get the cruise booked today, and get plane tickets. Got a handle on Coco Cay even though we have been there multiple times over the last 20 years it is nothing like it was just two years ago. We like to rent a cabana and of course they are in completely different places now. I wan to be prepared when the concierge reaches out to us on the reservations etc. that we need.

* new question. Are there any special dining options. I know years ago we did a Chef's table type dinner on the Edge they had the dining on the Edge?

Lots of specialty dining on Symphony.

Hooked - seafood

Jamies Italian

Chops - steakhouse

150CP - farm to table

Wonderland - gastro molecular / whimsical evolution

Izumi - sushi

Hibachi 

Playmakers - sports bar

Chefs Table 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/symphony-of-the-seas/things-to-do

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 hours ago, JSR said:

If you want a cabana I suggest you book one through the cruise planner and not wait for concierge communication

enjoy

m  

Edited by cruisegirl1

FYI...Here is the email that I just received for our upcoming Symphony Crown Loft Suite (Sky Class).  I confirmed with Rahul that beer, wine, soda, and bottle water are indeed complimentary in the Suite Lounge from 11-11, since that appeared to have been left out of the email.   I contacted Rahul with our dinner requests for the entire week (some CK, some specialty) and he replied with confirmed reservations in less than 24 hours!

Dear Suite Guests,

It is our pleasure to welcome you onboard the beautiful Symphony of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation.

We are Rahul and Dean, your onboard Concierges. We are available to assist you throughout your cruise vacation from 8:00 am to 11:00 am and 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm daily in the Suite Lounge on Deck 17 Aft.                                                              
As a Sky Suite guest, you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard.

For your convenience, here is a brief summary of our services:

•  Use of the Suite Lounge located on Deck 17 aft.

•  A La Carte breakfast in Coastal Kitchen, Check the Daily Compass for the opening hours, (No reservation required)

•  Continental Breakfast served in the lounge same hours as the Coastal Kitchen hours

•  A La carte lunch served from Noon to 1:30 pm at the  Coastal Kitchen, Deck 17, (No reservations required)

•  Dinner served in Coastal Kitchen from 5:30 pm to 09:00 pm, Deck 17, (Reservations required)

•  Bar Service is available from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm in the Suite Lounge, serving as well as a wide array of beverages for purchase.

•  Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup with a selection of wine, spirits, beer and soft drinks every evening from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm.

•  Spa bathrobes for use onboard and upgraded bathroom amenities

•  Exclusive Reception for Suite guests with Senior Officers. (Invitation will be sent to your suite).

•  Priority reservations for any of our Specialty Restaurants, Shore Excursions, and Vitality Spa services.

•  Complimentary Internet Voom (The Fastest Internet At Sea) for one device per person for the whole cruise duration. Instructions on how to connect  is available in the room on Boarding Day or check with your Concierge

•  Private Sun Deck with loungers Deck 17 forward.

•  Reserved seating areas in select entertainment venues, first come first served between all Suites

•  Show reservations are NOT required for all Sky Suite guests. (Except the Comedy Show in the Attic). Please show your Seapass card at the entrance 20 minutes  prior to show time as booked seats will be given away 10 minutes prior to show time.

•  Priority Departure. Please ask your Concierges for more details on board,

IMPORTANT NOTE:  

• If you are interested in booking shore excursions/ activities on Perfect Day at Coco Cay, or any of our other beautiful ports, we encourage you to book online at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.

• We also encourage you to make your dining reservations prior to sailing (Specialty Dining, Coastal Kitchen, Dining Room), as our restaurants are expected to be busy. Please let us know if we can assist with your preferred reservations pre-cruise.

The Suite Lounge is a private area exclusive for guests staying in the Star Class and Sky Class categories and is accessible 24 hours a day with your SeaPass card.

We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no bathrobes, no swim or pool attire is allowed, and footwear is required at all times).  Please be informed that during the cocktail hours on formal nights, shorts, sandals and tank tops are not permitted in the lounge. We encourage all of our Guests to follow the evening dress code reflected on the daily Evening Planner.

To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy these exclusive venues, we require that all minors must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

The lounge is designated a smoke-free area. Food and beverages are for consumption within the lounge only.
It would be our pleasure to assist you in any way to make your cruise experience the more enjoyable and wish you an unforgettable time onboard the Symphony of the Seas.

Symphony of the Seas is the newest and largest smart ship in the world. We recommend you download the Royal Caribbean App before coming onboard in order to have quick and convenient access to the most up to date information regarding daily activities and programming, access to show, dining, and Shore Excursion reservations, account information, chat service, and so much more!

We look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email us with any questions you may have at the following addresses: sy_concierge01@rccl.com or simply reply to this welcome email.  

Sincerely,

Best Regards

Rahul Barua / Francisco Dean
Symphony of the Seas
Suite Concierges
Deck#55014 | Email : SY_concierge01@rccl.com

• Like 1

@ourusualbeach - I realize my post was not very clear. I meant special dinning not listed online. Example: Dinner on the Edge - is only done once a cruise and may or may not be listed in the Compass. You can only sign up once on the ship and then it may or may not happen depending on the winds (literally). Thank you for your list of specialty dinning it too is helpful. 

@cruisegirl 1 and A&l_ONT- thank you. Online they do not appear to be available. I hoped the suite concierge held a few back for suite guests. It is ok if it doesn't work out. Last minute trips are like that, have to go with the flow. I love the not needing reservations for the shows. I hate trying to schedule everything, we will try and figure out dinner times to reserve though I am convinced we won't starve. LOL

@bobmacliberty Thank you very much. That is very helpful. How far in advance of your departure did you receive the email?

As an aside we saw OH -IO win the rose bowl in 2010. Had fun cheering for them and meeting many fun Buckeye fans. 

More Questions:
Looking for a hotel near the pier. We want to be able to walk to dinner. We will only have a short time in Miami arriving around 4;30 the night before the cruise. Marrriott, Hilton, type, does not need to be fancy just clean, comfortable, and close, thank you for any recommendations.

36 minutes ago, JSR said:

... More Questions:
Looking for a hotel near the pier. We want to be able to walk to dinner. We will only have a short time in Miami arriving around 4;30 the night before the cruise. Marrriott, Hilton, type, does not need to be fancy just clean, comfortable, and close, thank you for any recommendations.

Best to ask here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/533-florida-departures/

2 hours ago, JSR said:

How far in advance of your departure did you receive the email?

I received the email last Wednesday for our cruise that departs on Nov 9, so about 1.5 weeks in advance.  I've heard (first time for us 😁) that it's typically about a week in advance, depending on the Concierge.

36 minutes ago, JSR said:

In the Crown Loft Suite:

Are there 1 or 2 hair dryers?

What type are they?

Are they any good or should we bring our own?

Thank you

We had 2, one upstairs and one downstairs.  I have short hair and they work just fine but I have read that they aren't very good for long or thick hair.