Princess Black Friday or Cyber Monday Deals?

PlopPlop

Hard to predict  exact Princess Sale  dates .

Good bet may be Cyber Monday and Valentines Day for $1 Deposits but this year they had one for Halloween 

as previously posted, so all bets are off.

You may expect a certain Sale by what they had last year , but when, what sailings , and what prices are always unpredictable.

TA's on CC will receive advance notification of upcoming Princess Sales and often post it .

We usually book the first refundable Sale  then monitor future Sales , then refare if better for us  up until Final.

• Like 2

Tried the Halloween $1 deposit booked Caribbean Princess Western Carib  Jan 2021 cruise.  Two days later checked my online CC account and Princess had billed me FULL cruise cost.  Cruise is cancelled.  Will wait and think about sailing with Princess again. 

• Haha 1

I bought a California Coastal cruise last year on Cyber Monday.  We leave this Saturday and are taking our son and daughter and their spouses.   Had $1.00 deposits, prepaid gratuities, and $100 each person OBC for a balcony..Also got a great price on the fare.  I'm going to for sure check and see if any of the cruises that I'm looking at right now will be included on a Cyber Monday sale this year.  

Edited by Pamerjo

3 hours ago, wisc9757 said:

Tried the Halloween $1 deposit booked Caribbean Princess Western Carib  Jan 2021 cruise.  Two days later checked my online CC account and Princess had billed me FULL cruise cost.  Cruise is cancelled.  Will wait and think about sailing with Princess again. 

I think you misunderstood something. Did you think to call Princess and inquire?  Sorry, you were not that committed and hope you find something more to your liking.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wisc9757 said:

Was this booked using a Princess rep or a Travel Agent or by yourself on the Internet?

It is easy to miss an entry that indicatea the booking is with the $1 deposit feature vs booking saying you want to pay in full now,

Did you get a confirmation from Princess or a TA that indicated what the deposit was and what was still owed?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wisc9757 said:

The same thing happened to me.  Evidently their system was overloaded with people taking advantage of the $1 deposit and their computers were making errors according to the Princess agent I spoke with.  It took me 20 minutes on the phone but got it fixed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Was this booked using a Princess rep or a Travel Agent or by yourself on the Internet?

It is easy to miss an entry that indicatea the booking is with the $1 deposit feature vs booking saying you want to pay in full now,

Did you get a confirmation from Princess or a TA that indicated what the deposit was and what was still owed?

Agree....when we book under the 1$ promotion we are very careful to make sure we check on the $1 deposit because it seems to default to full payment if you are not paying attention closely and it is easy to bill your CC for full payment.....

• Like 2

Yes it would be easy to accidentally default to the full payment option. I always make sure that I've checked "pay deposit" when booking online. And when making payments I always make sure to hit the payment amount and enter what I want to pay. If not you could charge the whole cruise balance without realizing it. 

• Like 2

FWIW I also paid the entire cruise cost instead of $1 deposit (I missed where you click to change it - i.e., the default is to pay in full.) It took about a minute to correct once I got someone on the phone at Princess.  (It did take 3 days for it to credit back - i.e., she put through a credit to my credit card of the entire charge less $2. But she said they had to wait 3 days for the initial charge to fully clear, to send me back the $5,000.) HTH.

• Like 1

Thanks 'Ncgolferette' for the vindication. For the other comments: Yes I called Princess and after a long on hold wait was told to call back and talk to Accounting she could not help me: no I did not use Princess Customer Service (see above) or a TA just like the other nine cruises I have booked. If Princess' web site is so  sneaky that you need to double and triple check what you signing for, then that's their bad.