NCL CruiseNext DoubleUp thru Nov 30 - any staterooms, 6 nights+ is back again

mking8288

Well - title say it all, pretty much - just FYI - now 4.0a or is it 5.0a, whatever ... 

It was available, extended or renewed in September ... we used it for a new booking over the summer & saved.  Expired & came back in early October, ended last week (Oct 30th)  More NCL "spam" email this morning, announcing it is back again - valid for any booking of 6 nights or longer, on ANY stateroom.  Plus ***** 20% off for Latitude members on select sailings.  Did NOT see anything about Double Points promotion.  Free "Kids" (LOL, - but, no thank you) as part of the "Get up to 5" Offers ... are available agin - NCL marketing mumbo jumbo.  ***** please read/refer & check those fineprints, disclosures & disclaimers, etc. and/or if booking from non-USA portals, T&C probably different.

NCL CruiseNext DoubleUp promo - 6 nights+ thru 11.30.19.jpg

CC's Search functions not always helpful to newbies - here are some related links for reference

Link to a FAQ/thread on CruiseNext Certificate -  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2564713-cruisenext-program-cruise-next-deposit-certificate-faq/page/4/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2706638-ncl-are-the-free-offers-really-free/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-58704677

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2705710-latitude-rewards-offer-20-off-addl-obc-w-cruisenext-addl-latitude-point/?tab=comments#comment-58651222

More tips/discussions on how to take advantage of CNC (i.e. solo cruising) - 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2695651-first-timer-tips-tricks-useful-info/

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Oh Boy.  You big tease, you.  

GG ... struggle, nah - tell me about it, it's painful to watch on the side myself.  Easy fix - just do it.  

Nephew on a quick Bermuda "Escape" next week via NYC subway, good friends doing the Bliss (for the extra bells & whistles; itinerary ... not so much) a mid-ship OV with a free upgrade to oversized family OV that sleep 6 (just 2 of them) only "sold out" days ago for Thanksgiving week.  No last minute for us to join them - which I sort of expected.  Finally, on our home stretch, next month - at least, we get an overnight in Port Canaveral with a rental car heading into Orlando.  

BTW, just in case you decided to "crash" the Gem again, Haven entirely sold out/gone (most likely - NCL seized all the "best" upgrade offers early) 8 weeks out ... isn't that unusual.  All the suites gone in last 2 or 3 days - mini's are nearly gone (except for handful of mid-ship, now "not available" - often indicating "processing" bids again for possible upgrade)  AFT balcony (4) still available - plenty of family ones remaining.  No waiver on single supplement yet.  Following the pricing & upgrade bidding pattern here, which I sense & believe is different than others, interesting ...  "path" to upgrade & awarding them.  Maybe, their new strategy to squeeze $$$ when inventory isn't moving, I dunno for sure, yet.  

6 hours ago, mking8288 said:

**** 20% off for Latitude members on select sailings.  Did NOT see anything about Double Points promotion.

Under the current version of the past guest promotion every sailing eligible for the 20% discount also receives the extra Latitudes points:

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/insider-offer

We can't wait to see you back on board, so we're gifting you 20% OFF cruises, plus an additional Latitudes Rewards point per cruise night. Choose from over 300 dates, featuring all ships and destinations, sailing January 2020 and beyond

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Love my butler said:

Sounds like this is morphing into the free at sea promotion, always available.  The metrics show more cruises booked when the double up promo is active.

That would be wonderful.     It had been almost 2 years since the previous- any cabin promotion.     I’ve redeemed 20 Cruise Next deposits since May.  😀😀.    Just bought 4 more for 2 trips on the Jewel next month- hopefully-   Too many cheap deals opportunity.   

Henry....you’ve put me into “can’t do it” to “let’s see what I can shimmee around to go before the Holidays”.

Thanksgiving week is out.  Christmas week is out.  But, since at work I’ve already hit all the MBOs, I’m making some (soft) noises about taking some PTO that I won’t be able to use if I don’t use it this year.  No one’s said “no”, yet.  Then again, no one has said “yes”, either.

GEM in November out of the East Coast?  Not feeling that right now.  Nothing to do with the GEM.  Would love to sail her, again.  Atlantic sailing in Nov/Dec can get dicey, as both you and I know.  That doesn’t scare me, though.

Although, I would love to sail the Bliss, being of the new B+ class (like the Escape, which I loved).  She’s going out of NYC to the Bahamas.  Not crazy about the itinerary, but it would mean a few days sailing in warm weather.  Looking the week before Christmas...Balcony around $1,500 for 2 with all the perks.  That’s a good deal.  Sail Away Balcony is about $400 less.  That’s from NCL WEB Site.  Wonder what my TA would kick in?

Hmmmmmm!!!!!! 

32 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Henry....you’ve put me into “can’t do it” to “let’s see what I can shimmee around to go before the Holidays” ... I would love to sail the Bliss, being of the new B+ class (like the Escape, which I loved).  She’s going out of NYC to the Bahamas.  Not crazy about the itinerary, but it would mean a few days sailing in warm weather.  Looking the week before Christmas...Balcony around $1,500 for 2 with all the perks.  That’s a good deal.  Sail Away Balcony is about $400 less ... Wonder what my TA would kick in?  Hmmmmmm!!!!!! 

GG - yeah, I see that - Go for it, if nobody at the shop say no.  A very good deal for a mid-ship balcony with "All 5" - pin down 2 CN - just a little over $1k plus whatever your TA will do - the Bliss is new to NY/East Coast - we would do her but since we booked the Gem inside the penalty box already, couldn't cancel & switch ...  Bliss isn't sold out yet & that's more popular than the GEM, with plenty of Insides & OV available - nearly identical ITN, 7 days vs. 8 days. 

Both the Bliss & Gem will be docked side-by-side on the same day, heading south together & be at PC too - it was smooth sailing this January down the coast - stormy weather don't bother us at all.  That should be fun to post (semi) live onboard both ships & entertain the CC photo addicts ... 

Seriously, as others (BQ) pointed out - lately, the deals are pretty good, if not amazingly cheap by NCL standards, especially with Sail Away rates - literally dumping some cabins at "Giveaway" Rates out of Florida.  

@dexddd - but, there is no chance to bid up to OS, DOS, etc. to add you last minute, LOL ... (even if NCL allows for extra guests to sail) all the Havens & suites were sold out, most likely via super early upgrade bids.  And, effectively stopping any further path to move to higher/better cabin category above mini-suite GTY.  You are okay with upper pullman/bunk :classic_tongue: & leaving your DD/DS behind :classic_rolleyes:

^^^^^^

Thanks, Henry.  Hoping to hear something back from work this afternoon.  That will be the factor on whether I pull this off, or not.

TA is throwing in ~$200 of OBC, and she’s checking on whether NCL will give me another $100 for being Platinum.

Subtract out $250 net for 2 CN certs, and I’m staring at a net nearing $1K for two in a balcony cabin on the Bliss.  In addition to the perks, Platinum gets me two Specialty Dinners added to the ones in the perk package.

I’m talking myself into this.  Even the GF is trying to make this happen with her work.

• Like 1

MKing - I think with 4 of us Plat Plus in one room they'd waive the two category upgrade limit plus based on all the optimism on the "...what did you bid..." thread, I really think we can make the poor bid of $25 and make it all the way to the GV, for our convenience, of course.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

When it says ALL rooms, does that mean all except Haven? So not really all?

Well, it doesn't say "ALL rooms" so your point is moot.

It does say: "Book ANY category stateroom and apply TWO Cruise Reward, CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven or CruiseNext Lite deposits."

Seems like they do have it covered.

2 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Well, it doesn't say "ALL rooms" so your point is moot.

It does say: "Book ANY category stateroom and apply TWO Cruise Reward, CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven or CruiseNext Lite deposits."

Seems like they do have it covered.

If you go back to the first post and look at the graphic emailed by NCL it says:

"Apply 2 Cruise Next Deposits on any stateroom and any cruise of 6 days or more"

That's why I asked the question. As someone that doesn't cruise NCL often and have never used cruise next deposits previously, I found that misleading as when I tried to apply my two deposits to a Haven booking I wasn't able to. So I just booked a balcony instead....

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

If you go back to the first post and look at the graphic emailed by NCL it says:

"Apply 2 Cruise Next Deposits on any stateroom and any cruise of 6 days or more"

That's why I asked the question. As someone that doesn't cruise NCL often and have never used cruise next deposits previously, I found that misleading as when I tried to apply my two deposits to a Haven booking I wasn't able to. So I just booked a balcony instead....

And if you go back to your post that I quoted you'll see that you made a point out of saying ALL when, in fact, they didn't use that term.

And yes, you can apply 2 CruiseNext Deposits on any stateroom (it is normally only 2 for balcony and above). You also have to remember that CruiseNext are for Studios through Mini-Suites. CruiseNext Haven is for Haven. Not very hard...it is right in the name.