Premier Pass Package - a new offering?

Alsmez

I just logged into my cruise planner and for my May 21, 2020 Solstice cruise, there is an offer for something called the Premier Pass package, for the low low price of $535 for two. Here's what you get:

Introducing Premier Pass, our newest and most innovative vacation package for 2 guests. It offers a series of unique cruise experiences to elevate your vacation to the next luxurious level. Purchase the Premier Pass before you sail and enjoy VIP access to the ship, including priority boarding. You’ll have a bottle of Veuve Clicquot waiting in your stateroom when you arrive - just our way of saying, “Welcome aboard.” Your pass includes our most popular Inside Access Tour where you’ll discover the inner workings of the ship from the bridge to the engine room. Your pass also includes a meal with one of the ship’s officers - complete with a photo of you and the captain. During your sailing, you’ll savor an exclusive food and wine pairing, keep in touch with unlimited internet access for two devices, and look your best in every port with personal laundry service on board.

The Premier Pass includes all this - for one set price:

• Priority embarkation and debarkation
• Welcome bottle of Veuve Clicquot
• Unlimited internet access (two devices)
• Inside Access tour (two guests)
• Officer’s lunch (two guests)
• Captain’s toast and photo
• Wine pairing with sommelier (two guests) - wine is complimentary
• Laundry service (one bag per stateroom)

Learn how to redeem this package by downloading the pdf.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Premier-Pass-Package-Redemption-V1.pdf

I couldn't care less about any of these things (except the Veuve, but I can buy that anywhere!), so to me it looks like a great way to monetize stuff that is basically worthless. Any takers? 🙂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Traderboy said:

The one item that seems to be worth having is the unlimited wifi.

How much do they charge for unlimited Wi-fi generally?

I think the unlimited Wifi for two retails for around $350 for a 7-9 night cruise. 

Good to get newbies to spend more on something that they think is special and need to do.

Sail a few times and it is easy to see beyond the smoke and mirrors.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I wonder if the same person who dreamed up the Move-Up deal designed this?  It's just another way of charging for a lot of what used to be free, (excepting the Veuve and the inside access).  On Summit a few weeks ago the Captain made himself available in the evening for folks to get their picture taken with him.  This was Captain Matt, an awesome Captain BTW.

17 hours ago, jelayne said:

This package and some others were created about 2 months ago. There is a Date Night Package,  a Drinks & More and maybe 1-2 others.  None were of interest to us.

And isn’t one  ‘Get the Suite perks’ at a certain rate per day for those who have friends in other types of accommodation e.g. regular balconies etc.?