Yacht Club Changes

sidari

21 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Your math example is sound, I would not engage Sid as my financial advisor!

You could argue that greedy people who abuse perks save more money than people who use perks as intended. But, not a financial plan that would let me sleep at night. 

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Your math example is sound, I would not engage Sid as my financial advisor!

You clearly cannot understand the arguement either! Going by the SC example people cannot go to the Dining room for seven nights and also go to the buffet on those same seven nights because they are being greedy!

1 hour ago, Kmkub said:

You could argue that greedy people who abuse perks save more money than people who use perks as intended. But, not a financial plan that would let me sleep at night. 

You could argue that certain people cannot see the woods for the trees when they are being overcharged for services and are also paying for something they are no longer getting! One day the penny will drop.

7 hours ago, dexddd said:

On NCL soda, water, and three bottles of booze plus champagne are included for OS, DOS, and six bottles for GV.

Typically NCL more expensive but the room categories VS MSC vary widely.  The RS on last and next trip are similar to pricing to what we've paid for reasonable NCL DOS or OS.

Yes, the most expensive suites have drinks included but in most suites the minibar is not included.

Most of the time the Haven cost much more than the Yacht Club. That's the reason why we tried MSC the first time. After that cruise we see no reason to go back to NCL. 

13 minutes ago, sidari said:

You clearly cannot understand the arguement either! Going by the SC example people cannot go to the Dining room for seven nights and also go to the buffet on those same seven nights because they are being greedy!

Of course you can. What a silly comment. Consuming while a guest is not the same as taking it home. This is very simple. Always consider the buffet. Do you know any who let you take a cooler full of food home with you after you've eaten? Exact same principle.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

It is sad that throughout our culture we no longer deal directly with the people who create a problem, but punish everyone instead.  

Agreed. As the saying goes, it's why we can't have nice things. The list of things we can no longer have, because jerks abused the system, is quite long.

I really think the best approach is that the butler will only replace a full bottle for an empty bottle. It's perfectly reasonable, and places no undue burden on the staff. They have to clean up, anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2019 at 5:59 PM, GratefulRIC said:

Yes, currently on 11/9 sailing in YC.  No worries on the mini-fridge, our new friend Lezle has re-stocked with no word of charge.  Gelato and Venchi drinks are green light as 

If you are able to, please tell Lezle "HI" from his Hawaii friends Hunter and Frank.  We will be seeing him onboard this coming June.  We already requested him to have him assigned as our butler.  Thanks

12 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

My opinion is that the product isn't eroding if snacks are not free in the minibar and a bottle of Champagne is included instead. The snacks are still available in the lounge. 

Not those particular snacks.  Only what the chef has decided to put out.  Big difference.  So, if this goes fleetwide, I'll probably be looking elsewhere given that YC now costs about as much as other lines in a suite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

Yes, there was and that reviewer is the one I was trying to remember when I posted earlier.

Your proposed solution is perfect, could be easily implemented, and those of us who use the perk as intended would not suffer the loss of said perk! 

You know why I never get anything done anymore on a day off? Because things like this become my mission.

I did a bit of searching and found his review but  *curses* .... no pictures with the damning evidence!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sidari said:

I never gave an example saying that! Where have you seen that? 

I gave a possible reason to why beer will be included but not snacks. Can you give a better reason than my suggestion?

It's not greedy to eat two dinners every night! I can honestly say that I have eaten three breakfasts once on NCL! First a small roomservice breakfast. After that breakfast in the Haven restaurant and a couple of hours later something small at the buffet. That is not greedy but I don't want to do it too often!

2 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

Agreed. As the saying goes, it's why we can't have nice things. The list of things we can no longer have, because jerks abused the system, is quite long.

I really think the best approach is that the butler will only replace a full bottle for an empty bottle. It's perfectly reasonable, and places no undue burden on the staff. They have to clean up, anyway.

Time to show the proof of what you claim, proof that the change which only affects the YC is down to what you call the Greedy people, but of course you cannot back up that claim and it is merely your own blinkered view rather than admit that the cruise line is stiffing you and you are paying extra for it.

2 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Not those particular snacks.  Only what the chef has decided to put out.  Big difference.  So, if this goes fleetwide, I'll probably be looking elsewhere given that YC now costs about as much as other lines in a suite.

Yes but my opinion is that the snacks in the lounge are MUCH better than the things in the minibar. For example the TSL crisps, which I have seen every night, are MUCH better than Pringles.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

I never gave an example saying that! Where have you seen that?.....

My thought exactly, he's clearly having a 'bad day at the office'...but worse, actually believing he's right and everyone else is wrong! 🤣

5 hours ago, sidari said:

Dr C ... I understand that only YC gets the restock twice a day, with the Deluxe package ours was only ever done once per day.

We've had our mini-bar stocked twice a day with Deluxe package (when not in YC).

I spoke with the concierge, Luciano, on Meraviglia (who is very senior with MSC) very early on in our cruise when I first heard of this change to YC minibar services.  He had no idea what I was talking about and assured me that it would not be implemented on our sailing (which it wasn't).

We rarely used the minibar over the last 3 weeks, being in a YIN, but would use it when we've had a YC1 with balcony.  The snacks are certainly handy for bringing ashore on excursions - they only provide bowls of nuts, etc, in TSL (unlike on Fantasia-class where they used to have packs of unusual flavoured snacks in packs on the upper shelf of the TSL buffet - don't know if they still do).

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

... YC now costs about as much as other lines in a suite.

Not in my experience!  I'd be lucky to get a balcony cabin for a week on some mainstream lines that I'm paying for 14 nights in YC on our next Preziosa sailing - with all the inclusions that come with that.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

My opinion is that the product isn't eroding if snacks are not free in the minibar and a bottle of Champagne is included instead. 

Depends on the champagne, SC!  Veuve Cliquot has ruined me for anything less.  😱

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Depends on the champagne, SC!  Veuve Cliquot has ruined me for anything less.  😱

I have never tasted a Champagne I don't like better than Pringles!

Our favorite house is Gosset, which I probably have told you before, but as I said every Champagne is better than Pringles!

Edited by sverigecruiser
  • Like 2

Just now, hamrag said:

Welcome home Bea, all good things finally come to an end!

So you recommend P+ then?

Let's just say we made the most of it.  😜

Had real problems getting the better wines and ended up with just having the same white and red for most of the cruise when in YC, which was fine as they were 2 I really liked.

"Downstairs" in the SRs, we knew the sommelier from another cruise and he looked after us very well, indeed, supplying wines that were covered by PP but not on the SR wine lists.

The bartender in the Champagne Bar was fantastic and even provided Veuve Cliquot to the SRs when she was made aware by the waiters that we were dining there!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Let's just say we made the most of it.  😜

Had real problems getting the better wines and ended up with just having the same white and red for most of the cruise when in YC, which was fine as they were 2 I really liked.

"Downstairs" in the SRs, we knew the sommelier from another cruise and he looked after us very well, indeed, supplying wines that were covered by PP but not on the SR wine lists.

The bartender in the Champagne Bar was fantastic and even provided Veuve Cliquot to the SRs when she was made aware by the waiters that we were dining there!

Yes, on the two night we were in Butchers' Cut the waiters went next door and arranged for my DW to have her favourite champagne drink....it was similar to a Kir Royale from memory! 

Don't encourage Sid to get back on topic...please!!

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

One thing to keep in mind is that the spirits provided in the minibar aren't as good as those available in TSL, anyway.  There were times when I was about to help myself to a minibar drink when I thought that I could have better in the lounge (especially having paid to upgrade to Prem+).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1