Recent Magic cruisers and the comedy club

bluesman0711

7 minutes ago, bluesman0711 said:

How was it getting seats for the comedy shows on the Magic? Shows on the Sunshine required standing in line before each show and the wife wouldn't want to go because of it.

Not sure how it works on the Magic, but I cruised the Breeze, the Magic’s sister ship, and we just went in about 30 minutes before show, to get a seat. No standing out in a line. I certainly hope there is not a line, but if there is, Id just deal with it. I’m sailing the Magic in April for a B2B, and I love the comedy shows.

• Like 1

Sunshine has a small comedy club because they put additional staterooms in the real comedy club and moved it to a smaller lounge. I haven't been on Magic yet but I have been on both sister ships. It's my favorite comedy club. Check out my live review of the Magic on here the first week of December. I frequent the comedy club and always document how the crowd is. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Sunshine has a small comedy club because they put additional staterooms in the real comedy club and moved it to a smaller lounge. I haven't been on Magic yet but I have been on both sister ships. It's my favorite comedy club. Check out my live review of the Magic on here the first week of December. I frequent the comedy club and always document how the crowd is. 

We start our b2b on that cruise so we'll probably be sitting next to you in the club!

• Like 1

When I was on the Magic earlier this year, the only time we had to leave the club and stand in line was once when an adult show was after karaoke.  Everyone had to leave so that they could make sure nobody under 18 was in the club for the show.  Other than that, the host never made people leave the club after a show to get in line for the next show. It was great since we will watch every show that isn't a repeat. The Magic was very strict about not letting kids under 18 into the adult shows.

We always showed up about at least 30  minutes early to get our favorite seats because the shows were packed.  This could be because the cruise was in June.  On my cruise on the Breeze in September, the seats didn't fill up as quickly but we still had to arrive early.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 9:55 AM, Saint Greg said:

Excited for your live review. This is the second time you’ve been scheduled on a ship shortly before our trip. I like this. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Maybe. 🤔 We’ve been tossing around a Fascination revisit. You should squeeze that in. 😂

I’m trying to do most of those ports on a better ship if I can. I’ve got St. Maarten, St. Kitts and San Juan on Breeze in 2021. But if I ever need a cruise in the heart of spring break, cruises out of San Juan seem to be the only ones without a significant price increase.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m trying to do most of those ports on a better ship if I can. I’ve got St. Maarten, St. Kitts and San Juan on Breeze in 2021. But if I ever need a cruise in the heart of spring break, cruises out of San Juan seem to be the only ones without a significant price increase.

Trying of get back to Barbados! Absolutely love it there. Need it on more itineraries. 

• Like 2

We were on the Magic in late September; they do clear the lounge after each of the Adult shows, after 9 pm. The line looks long, but once the doors open, and those who lined up during the previous show are seated, there were always seats for us, if we wanted them. The line scares a lot of people off, but as long as you don't want to sit in the first 3-4 rows in front of the stage, it wasn't that big of a deal.

On 11/15/2019 at 10:10 AM, bluesman0711 said:

How was it getting seats for the comedy shows on the Magic? Shows on the Sunshine required standing in line before each show and the wife wouldn't want to go because of it.

Did the Magic this Halloween. Get there at least 30-45 min before the show starts. Lots of room but it fills up fast.

• Like 1