New Cruise Personaliser

BarnhamDave

1 hour ago, zoe sproodle said:

Sorry if I've missed something but am I right in thinking that the new CP is for certain ships only just now? Our cruise on Aurora next month is still on the old system, although I have to log in twice to access it.

Aurora is live for departures 28/2/20 onwards anything earlier is still on the old CP.

21 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

OK, so I just got in to the new CP for 2021, but nowhere does it say Freedom Dining.  Very odd.

I looked at ours for next April on Aurora and on the first page (booking summary) there are 2 items - Bed configuration, and Dining. When I clicked on Dining it came up with Anytime Dining (rather than Freedom) with 1st and 2nd greyed out.

• Like 1

Still not possible to pay for excursions. For those who haven’t had the pleasure of using the new My P&so here is the payment screen. Who would design a screen where you ask for your first name, then your country and then your last name. As for the address - what would you fill in for the various disjointed fields?

40483520-852C-4977-8591-E82E1A1E6E40.jpeg

When I try to log in for my Iona cruise, I get redirected to the old CP.  On my Arcadia one, however, I can use the new one.  I put in some details, but it claims my phone numbers are wrong.  Still accepts them though!  Also it doesn't give my cabin number, just the cabin type.  Some progress I guess.

Cannot understand why for P&O UK passengers they don't offer the address finder from the postcode, the new ones seems very picky over addresses, and seems to reject at least part of them all, although like phone numbers it does eventually update them, BUT as I then go in again the address and phone number still says to be completed.

On 11/20/2019 at 1:51 PM, jake 26 said:

I looked at ours for next April on Aurora and on the first page (booking summary) there are 2 items - Bed configuration, and Dining. When I clicked on Dining it came up with Anytime Dining (rather than Freedom) with 1st and 2nd greyed out.

Thanks, didn't see that when I logged in the first time, but yes I have Anytime Dining.  Wonder why they changed the name. 

However, I cannot see my cabin number anywhere, only the Grade

Edited by jeanlyon

12 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Thanks, didn't see that when I logged in the first time, but yes I have Anytime Dining.  Wonder why they changed the name. 

They probably haven't actually changed the name Jean.  The term "Anytime Dining" is used as the Princess Cruises equivalent of "Freedom Dining".  I dare say it is just another glitch in the system...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Britboys said:

They probably haven't actually changed the name Jean.  The term "Anytime Dining" is used as the Princess Cruises equivalent of "Freedom Dining".  I dare say it is just another glitch in the system...

Could it be that the people doing all the changes actually live in the great USA. It has always been my understanding that all the Carnival Corp. IT systems are dealt in the US. Very little to do with P&O at all, apart from imputing the information and the pretty pictures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

However, I cannot see my cabin number anywhere, only the Grade

I think Anytime Dining is the Princess cruises name for their freedom dining.

I have iona booked for sept 2021 managed to enter data onto old personeliser when I first booked .At present if  I log in using new personeliser it then goes to the old system to log in again and I can log in there and see everything  that I entered . I wouldn't worry things should soon get better fingers crossed 

2 hours ago, Lottie A said:

I have booked Iona for January 2022 but can't get any details at all on the CP. 

It is a long way away though....so I will give them a bit more time! 😄

Don't worry, we are on Iona in July 2021 and can only access the old CP. You have to wait for an email from P&O to say that you can now access My P&O.

16 hours ago, daiB said:

Could it be that the people doing all the changes actually live in the great USA. It has always been my understanding that all the Carnival Corp. IT systems are dealt in the US. Very little to do with P&O at all, apart from imputing the information and the pretty pictures.

Indeed it could be Dai.  I have also recently seen suggestions that much of this side of the business is contracted out now (for instance that the new on-line booking system has been provided by a well-known hotel booking website) and they may well be in the USA and working across the Carnival brands.  The P&O, Cunard and Holland America websites are very clearly built on the same platform.

• Like 1

I've been away on holiday and returned home to find three emails from P&O, one for each of my future cruises, encouraging me to try the replacement for Cruise Personaliser. I've had a quick look, and wasn't too impressed. What genius thought that when entering your date of birth as part of the login process it would be a good idea to make the year scroll down from 1882? Are P&O expecting many people in their 130s to book cruises with them?!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I've started looking at the new fangled cruise personaliser over the last couple of days.  Also not particularly impressed.  

I noticed that it defaults to not sending out the cruise booklet. You have to click on the brochure request otherwise you've automatically opted out of receiving.

Been away and come back to find that the CP has changed. Not for the better! My details are there, but can't check my husband's. My loyaity tier is wrong. Emergency details for one cruise are stated but not on the other. I think it much more complicated.

Why can't the itineraries  just be listed instead of having to be displayed as a calendar?

I am not impressed!!

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I've started looking at the new fangled cruise personaliser over the last couple of days.  Also not particularly impressed.  

I noticed that it defaults to not sending out the cruise booklet. You have to click on the brochure request otherwise you've automatically opted out of receiving.

Thanks for that information.

We like to receive the cruise booklet and keep them for future reference.

Edited by P-L-B

Both of my cruises are now on the new system.  They've got some details right, misspelt others and missed even more.  I'd also noticed that the default is now electronic booklet rather than through the post.  That was promptly changed!  For some reason the picture for my cabin on Iona was of an inside, but still no cabin number.  A pretty major omission I think.