Adventure of the seas 1/4/2020 (full review coming soon)

EDiamond22

On 1/5/2020 at 2:01 PM, EDiamond22 said:

P.S 
still taking request if anyone is looking for any specific information! 

Weirdly specific question: How are the tvs in the rooms?  Are they new enough to support CEC command?

I know that changing hdmi inputs is disabled on cruise tvs, but I was wondering if connecting a CEC device will auto-switch inputs so that you can use your own device instead of being stuck with ship programming.  

Thanks!

You are probably on your trip.. lol hope you are enjoying everything ... My wife and I are leaving on the 18th and would love to hear your favorites and advice of what to do and what not to.   I've been looking for the Compass for the week if you could load them it would be awesome... Thanks and Enjoy,   Dana and Suja

We sail on the Adventure in March.  I tried to arrange My Time Dining reservations and they said 6:30 was the earliest available (and 7:45 on some nights - late for our young children to eat dinner).  On all past sailings we did MTD around 5:30-5:45.  I had read online someone said the MTD dining hours were starting later at 6:30.  Could you check your Cruise Compass for me and see what the MTD hours were on your cruise in the MDR?  Thanks in advance.  If it starts earlier than 6:30, we will just head to the dining room when we board to see if we can change to an earlier time.

I know some will say to just do the early seating, but that was full, plus we like the flexibility of MTD if we want a slightly later dinner one night or two.  I also know you can just walk up and wait in line for MTD any time you wish, but we tried that last year and often had to wait more than 30 minutes.

2 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

We sail on the Adventure in March.  I tried to arrange My Time Dining reservations and they said 6:30 was the earliest available (and 7:45 on some nights - late for our young children to eat dinner).  On all past sailings we did MTD around 5:30-5:45.  I had read online someone said the MTD dining hours were starting later at 6:30.  Could you check your Cruise Compass for me and see what the MTD hours were on your cruise in the MDR?  Thanks in advance.  If it starts earlier than 6:30, we will just head to the dining room when we board to see if we can change to an earlier time.

I know some will say to just do the early seating, but that was full, plus we like the flexibility of MTD if we want a slightly later dinner one night or two.  I also know you can just walk up and wait in line for MTD any time you wish, but we tried that last year and often had to wait more than 30 minutes.

We are a party of 7 on 3-14-20 Adventure and in order to get a MTD reservation for all of us, I called in April and asked for 5:45, which was the earliest available.  

Edited by Tom47

4 hours ago, Tom47 said:

We are a party of 7 on 3-14-20 Adventure and in order to get a MTD reservation for all of us, I called in April and asked for 5:45, which was the earliest available.  

Thanks for letting me know this.  I guess that means that they do offer MTD seatings earlier than 6:30 but we did not call in soon enough to get one.  By the time they managed to link all of our reservations together properly (we are a group of about 20-25 people), it was December of 2019.  I guess people reserved all the earlier times.  We will go to the dining room and see if they can help us out when we board.

Coincidentally, we are on the exact same sailing of the Adventure you are (this March 14th).  Looking forward to a wonderful 8 day cruise.  Maybe we will see you around the ship.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 9:52 AM, waxing witch said:

On the Adventure, were the HDMI ports accessible? I know we’ll need a remote to change inputs.

Yes, they should be and FYI, the HDMI input may be on channel 3 using the provided remote. 

• 2 weeks later...