Adventure of the seas 1/4/2020 (full review coming soon)

EDiamond22

Good morning, afternoon or evening..what ever time you may be reading this

In less than two months i will be sailing Adventure of the seas leaving Jan 4th out of Fort Lauderdale, i haven't seen really any recent reviews of this ship so why not do one my self! i was looking for some in-depth reviews of the boat because this will be my first time aboard this one, i may be new to this ship but not to cruising! Cruising has always been my family's preferred method of vocation, i mean come on how could it not be?! I'm 25 from Western NY and this will be my 13th cruise, my family has been loyal to royal from before my time so even though that's all i've known, i have no complaints or reason to change now. Not for nothing i have to chase that Diamond Plus status.

Well let's get back to the task at hand, Adventure of the Seas. We have i big party of 20 of us going so between what i do and what others in the group elect to do i should be able to construct a pretty good review. This Itinerary is a 9 day, leaving from Florida , making 3 stops at the 3 ABC islands; Aruba I have been to before, Curacao i went two years ago and loved so looking fowarding to being back there, and bonaire which will be new for most if not all of us in the party! We will be flying down the day before and most of the party will be spending one night in a big ABnB just minutes from the port.

I think thats a pretty good start and back story so i will now update this at times throughout but mainly after we get back, if anyone is reading this prior to the sail date and has specific questions the would like me to seek out throw it in the comments and ill see what i can do my best to figure it out for you.

Todo list:
-menu pics from bars and restaurants  

-staff reviews (typically no complaints in this department)

-ship review

-island reviews (what everyone liked/disliked)

-anything else that seems worth sharing 

Thanks for reading as i look forward to my first review on this site and encourage anyone to jump in with questions and feedback !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to your review, it's a great ship hopefully not too crowded in your case as it seems to be at the end of the school holidays. At full capacity the Voyager class feels overloaded in areas such as Windjammer, MDR (wait times) and the pool deckduring sea days, since the addition of many cabins in the recent dry docks..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, EDiamond22 said:

Good morning, afternoon or evening..what ever time you may be reading this

In less than two months i will be sailing Adventure of the seas leaving Jan 4th out of Fort Lauderdale, i haven't seen really any recent reviews of this ship so why not do one my self! i was looking for some in-depth reviews of the boat because this will be my first time aboard this one, i may be new to this ship but not to cruising! Cruising has always been my family's preferred method of vocation, i mean come on how could it not be?! I'm 25 from Western NY and this will be my 13th cruise, my family has been loyal to royal from before my time so even though that's all i've known, i have no complaints or reason to change now. Not for nothing i have to chase that Diamond Plus status.

Well let's get back to the task at hand, Adventure of the Seas. We have i big party of 20 of us going so between what i do and what others in the group elect to do i should be able to construct a pretty good review. This Itinerary is a 9 day, leaving from Florida , making 3 stops at the 3 ABC islands; Aruba I have been to before, Curacao i went two years ago and loved so looking fowarding to being back there, and bonaire which will be new for most if not all of us in the party! We will be flying down the day before and most of the party will be spending one night in a big ABnB just minutes from the port.

I think thats a pretty good start and back story so i will now update this at times throughout but mainly after we get back, if anyone is reading this prior to the sail date and has specific questions the would like me to seek out throw it in the comments and ill see what i can do my best to figure it out for you.

Todo list:
-menu pics from bars and restaurants  

-staff reviews (typically no complaints in this department)

-ship review

-island reviews (what everyone liked/disliked)

-anything else that seems worth sharing 

Thanks for reading as i look forward to my first review on this site and encourage anyone to jump in with questions and feedback !!

We are on Adventure of the Seas March 14, and we are also from WNY.  Looking forward to your review.

• Like 1

Please let me know what the price of the ultimate beverage package is, if purchased on board. 

Safe sailing... We'll be on b2b in late February. 

Thank you. 

Edited by audome78
Spelling

1 hour ago, Babsburky said:

Will be leaving on the Adventure of the Seas on Dec.29 for a 6 day cruise and was wondering if a passport is mandatory or can you still cruise without one. Thanks

A passport is not required for American citizens on a closed loop cruise departing and returning from/to a U.S. port.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

We were on Adventure recently for 8 night sailing.  Ship is in good shape we had a good cruise.

There were 600+ Diamond members on board, D lounge was chaos  and crowded every night even though they expanded it to the entire lounge area on deck 14.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, audome78 said:

Please let me know what the price of the ultimate beverage package is, if purchased on board. 

Safe sailing... We'll be on b2b in late February. 

Thank you. 

i will do that for you forsure, most of our party has already purchased the unlimited, i snoozed and missed a few good deals. right now the price is hovering around 55pp per day, one guy in our group happened to grab it on the mistake day and got it for 18pp per day! ( i could never be that lucky lol) some got it a few months ago at like 45pp per day which is pretty good. im going to see if black friday/ cyber monday brings any good luck if not ill just be purchasing it at what ever it is. 

13 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Looking forward to your review, it's a great ship hopefully not too crowded in your case as it seems to be at the end of the school holidays. At full capacity the Voyager class feels overloaded in areas such as Windjammer, MDR (wait times) and the pool deckduring sea days, since the addition of many cabins in the recent dry docks..

we aim to avoid the school break weeks, only one in the group is still school age. We would all rather not be over run with kids lol

3 minutes ago, Babsburky said:

Yes

from what i've been taught from my overplanning (not a bad thing) mother, you don't need a passport if you are on a closed loop (leaving and arriving in the same country) you wouldn't need a passport. but god forbid you for any reason had to leave from one of the ports, or get left in a port for what ever reason, it would NOT be easy making your way back home. 
Maybe someone else can weigh in with better information, but we play it better safe than sorry and keep our passports updated and on us while off the ship. its good for 10 years so its not like you are constantly dumping money to keep it.

15 hours ago, bouhunter said:

We were on Adventure recently for 8 night sailing.  Ship is in good shape we had a good cruise.

There were 600+ Diamond members on board, D lounge was chaos  and crowded every night even though they expanded it to the entire lounge area on deck 14.1

that is good to know thank you for the info! only about 1/3 of our party is diamond or higher so we don't really go to the DL when with a big party like this, personally i really enjoy the DL and will probably go up there at least one night before dinner too show the woman (first time she will have diamond status through me 🙂 ) what its all about and be able to review it !

13 hours ago, abpplh said:

We are on her Dec 21-29th!  We were also  on her in Dec 2001 - only her 2nd month sailing!

very nice, you better return her in tip top shape lol have fun! it will be interesting for you too see how much if any she has changed in that time period ! 

We were on the Adventure for Halloween and will be  for the Jan.4, also . She  is in good shape  and didn't have any problem on board with   cabin ( j4 junior  with the long double type type dresser  wall unit) , food  , or entertainment. A lot 0f D+,D and pinns but there will be more on  Jan cruise because of ABC islands.

They have a 20 minute or so video  on U tube of ship and all new refrub also  photo section of cruise critic with hundreds of pictures.

18 minutes ago, villager70 said:

We were on the Adventure for Halloween and will be  for the Jan.4, also . She  is in good shape  and didn't have any problem on board with   cabin ( j4 junior  with the long double type type dresser  wall unit) , food  , or entertainment. A lot 0f D+,D and pinns but there will be more on  Jan cruise because of ABC islands.

They have a 20 minute or so video  on U tube of ship and all new refrub also  photo section of cruise critic with hundreds of pictures.

very cool, i did actually just find and watch the video last night. feel free to jump in this thread with your 2 cents before during or after, gives people another perspective! about half our party is D, one D+ then the rest fairly new to cruising. Ive been to aruba and Curacao first time in bonaire though! looking forward to it. from the sounds of it snorkeling is a must do there   

28 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

We are also cruising the Adventure on 1/4/20.  It will be our third or fourth time on the ship.  Bonaire will be the only new port for us. See you on the ship! 

aw awesome! bonaire is the only new one for us too! any excursions booked yet for you guys? see you there!!

20 minutes ago, EDiamond22 said:

aw awesome! bonaire is the only new one for us too! any excursions booked yet for you guys? see you there!!

Nothing booked yet, hopefully next week after our short Mariner cruise this weekend.

If you have any horseback riders in your group, one of my all-time favorites was riding pasofinos in Aruba.  This was not a ship excursion but the local company picked us up near the port and returned us.  What made this so special was the beautiful gait of the horses (smoother than a Tennessee Walker) and the encouragement to let the horses run once we got to the beach. 

• Like 1