Isn't It Ironic

Heartfelttraveler

Let me start by saying that I love Oceania and the two cruises we have taken were flawless.

But I find it ironic that in an effort to "save the earth" Oceania (and Norwegian and Regent) have eliminated plastic straws and are moving toward eliminating plastic water bottles.  But I get at least four brochures in my mailbox every week.

The irony isn't that, well, ironic.  We can assume mail recipients recycle their junk mail (and we DO get too many O brochures!).  At present, there is no recycling system for plastic straws.  They end up in the landfills, oceans, all the places they shouldn't.  Plastic water bottles can be recycled in certain places, but still there are just too many of them.  I appreciate O's efforts in this area.

• Thanks 1

We've managed to stop the daily emails but even a phone call to Oceania hasn't prevented the arrival of multiple brochures in our letter box each week! This bombardment started the moment we booked but as we haven't even sailed with Oceania once yet, we are not interested in checking out their future cruises at all. If anything, it's a bit off putting.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sailco said:

We've managed to stop the daily emails but even a phone call to Oceania hasn't prevented the arrival of multiple brochures in our letter box each week! This bombardment started the moment we booked but as we haven't even sailed with Oceania once yet, we are not interested in checking out their future cruises at all. If anything, it's a bit off putting.

I've gotten exactly two brochures from them since booking in July. And I had to ask for those.

30 minutes ago, sailco said:

We've managed to stop the daily emails but even a phone call to Oceania hasn't prevented the arrival of multiple brochures in our letter box each week!

Do you use a TA to book the cruises?

If so ask them to  help stop the flow

Some of the brochures come from Oceania via your TA  list of clients ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sailco said:

We booked directly with Oceania

I guess all you can do is keep asking to get off the list

I have been off for over 2 yrs now YEAH

Though I do miss some of the nice brochure photos  but not enough to sign up again 😉

1 hour ago, clo said:

I've gotten exactly two brochures from them since booking in July. And I had to ask for those.

Could they be trying to tell you something? 😉 Just kidding of course,  Between Oceania, Regent, etc. we get about a dozen and a half each week.  There is not a mail day that goes by without at least one.

1 minute ago, ropomo said:

Could they be trying to tell you something? 😉 Just kidding of course,  Between Oceania, Regent, etc. we get about a dozen and a half each week.  There is not a mail day that goes by without at least one.

Holey moley. I actually contacted my O agent and said that everyone complains about it but I don't get any.  Then I got the ones for 2020 and 2021.  But, yeah, maybe they don't like my hair color.

3 hours ago, Debbers said:

The irony isn't that, well, ironic.  We can assume mail recipients recycle their junk mail (and we DO get too many O brochures!).  At present, there is no recycling system for plastic straws.  They end up in the landfills, oceans, all the places they shouldn't.  Plastic water bottles can be recycled in certain places, but still there are just too many of them.  I appreciate O's efforts in this area.

That

One of my neighbors is receiving regular Oceania brochures even though she has never sailed with them-- and never will.  She HAS done river boat cruises but she has terrible seasickness and will NOT consider an ocean cruise.

So when I see a brochure addressed to her I just toss it.  She has thanked me!

Mura

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mura said:

One of my neighbors is receiving regular Oceania brochures even though she has never sailed with them-- and never will.  She HAS done river boat cruises but she has terrible seasickness and will NOT consider an ocean cruise.

So when I see a brochure addressed to her I just toss it.  She has thanked me!

Mura

Could you please come toss mine too?