Drink Price Fake Advertising

I feel like I could have written this very post from the OP.  Exact same thing happened to me.  I was all excited and then saw it wasn't a sale at all but the same price as normal.  So I will see what Black Friday does and the price for my sailing goes below $51/day then I will get it.  If not, then I'll buy it when it does go back to $51.  It fluctuates weekly between $55 and $51.

2 hours ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

I feel like I could have written this very post from the OP.  Exact same thing happened to me.  I was all excited and then saw it wasn't a sale at all but the same price as normal.  So I will see what Black Friday does and the price for my sailing goes below $51/day then I will get it.  If not, then I'll buy it when it does go back to $51.  It fluctuates weekly between $55 and $51.

They have some price drops today. Our Allure 2020 sailing dropped to $42.00 today. 

On 11/26/2019 at 5:31 PM, taglovestocruise said:

They have some price drops today. Our Allure 2020 sailing dropped to $42.00 today. 

I wish mine would.  I literally check every single day and it's sitting at $51 and sometimes goes to $55.  Even BlackFriday and today (CyberMonday) it hasn't dropped.

On 11/24/2019 at 2:38 PM, SRF said:

It works.

Because most consumers assume they are getting a good deal, and don't check and shop.

You see the same thing in hotels and airlines.

There is a reason SW Airline is NOT on any of the comparison sites. 😄

It's mostly because SW/Air Namibia really aren't particularly popular with people here.

🙂

Another trick, fool people into what they think they're buying, by using abbreviations and codes that don't actually correlate. 

On 12/2/2019 at 10:49 AM, Icesk8rReedy said:

I wish mine would.  I literally check every single day and it's sitting at $51 and sometimes goes to $55.  Even BlackFriday and today (CyberMonday) it hasn't dropped.

Same here.  Have a 1/31 sailing, that is holding at $51 (down from $55).  That would make drink package for 2 cost more than the cruise.

On 11/25/2019 at 10:45 AM, legaljen1969 said:

There isn't much to compare SW Airline with.  You get what you pay for, which isn't much, but bad attitudes and lost baggage.
I haven't talked to anyone who has ever flown SW that didn't have their baggage take a MUCH longer voyage than they took.

We fly SW several times every year and have for more than the past 10 years and we've never had lost baggage nor have we encountered bad attitudes (by employees, fellow passengers are occasionally, but not often, a different story).

We look at the comparison sites and on SW's site and have nearly always had a better price on SW than on any other airline that flies direct from our city.  And have had much better experiences on SW than on Delta or United.  (The one time each I flew those two airlines, I regretted taking the cheaper fare they offered.  Lesson learned--sometimes it is worth paying a little more.)