Drink Price Fake Advertising

Hi,

I've been monitoring the drink price for my cruise which without promotions has been $65 per person.  Last week, there was a sale that said 30% off onboard prices, and when I went to checkout, it was still the same $65 as before the sale.

Today, the drink package says buy one get one 50% off.  I went to checkout, and instead of 50% off, it says 25% off is applied to each person which is fine if true as it would come to the same overall discount, but for four nights, the total was $260 per person plus tip.  $260/4 = $65, so I'm very confused as to how this is again being advertised as a promotion with no change from the overall price.

Is it possible there is an error with the price not being adjusted or is this just false advertising?  I've cruised with Royal Caribbean a lot and have always gotten the drink package at $45-$55 per person and feel like $65 per person is a lot.

Thank you very much.

• Haha 1

The percentage discounts advertised by Royal use a different kind of mathematics than the rest of us. 

Ignore any "percent off" figures and just go by the bottom line price.  They make up the "percent off" numbers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, heathermiller86nj said:

Thank you very much.  What I'm confused about is how is it even buy one get one 50% off if buying one is $65 a day and buying two is $260 per person which comes to $65 a day.  There's literally no movement in price.

Re-read the posts above.  They're trying to tell you the sales are simply BS.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, heathermiller86nj said:

Thank you very much.  What I'm confused about is how is it even buy one get one 50% off if buying one is $65 a day and buying two is $260 per person which comes to $65 a day.  There's literally no movement in price.

RC marketing is just foisting BS on people, and it's apparently working because their continuous fake sales have been going on since May 2014. 

• Like 1

Sales rules must be different in the US compared to Canada. Several years ago, a Canadian company was charged with inflating the regular price of an item and then taking off a percentage and calling it a "sale".

9 minutes ago, Bronx12 said:

Sales rules must be different in the US compared to Canada. Several years ago, a Canadian company was charged with inflating the regular price of an item and then taking off a percentage and calling it a "sale".

I don't know the legalities, but I get the feeling that RC is not subject to US or Canadian retail sales laws.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, heathermiller86nj said:

It’s based off current on board pricing no matter how it’s spun. You can’t use yesterday’s online pricing to compare. Generally, about 25-30% off onboard pricing is the best I’ve seen except in rare circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You certainly no more about these things. You must agree prices continue to climb. 

Sure, as long as people keep buying, the price will go up.  But that's a different subject than Royal pulling the percent off figures out of their you know what.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Sure, as long as people keep buying, the price will go up.  But that's a different subject than Royal pulling the percent off figures out of their you know what.

Great post but be careful , you could get a warning from the admin . 😱