What they will do

stezarium

On May 2019 I bought Neighborhood Balcony Stateroom Guarantee for 2 adults and 2 children (Oasis of The Seas). Now left 49 days before sailing but I still don't know my stateroom number. I know my Muster C02 and deck 10. I checked Royal Caribbean website and there no available staterooms on deck 10 for any balcony or better. Does it mean they will change deck number for me? Or something else?

Log into your RCI account and go to Cruise Planner and click on View Boarding Pass. Then click on View SetSail Pass. You can read the bar code on your SetSail Pass using an app on your smart phone (I use QR Code). The last numbers (after the dash) are your stateroom number.

• Like 4

Do you by chance have an iPhone to put your setsail pass in your wallet? if you do put in wallet and barcode has a series of numbers below it. The last 4 should be your room #. If you don't have iPhone/wallet download any barcode scanner and scan you setsail pass and you will get your room # that way too. 

18 minutes ago, stezarium said:

I was hoped that I'll get better category for free (oceanview balcony for example), but now I see I have to try RoyalUp to get better cabin. From oceanview balcony (minimum 50$PP) to Junior Suite i(300$PP minimum).

"Better" cabin with a guarantee seems to be buried in the same graveyard as the Upgrade Fairy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On my first cruise I bought oceanview cabin (not balcony) guarantee and on 4th day after purchase I got oceanview cabin with balcony. On Navigator of The Seas I bought oceanview cabin with balcony guarantee and got oceanview cabin with balcony.

19 minutes ago, stezarium said:

On my first cruise I bought oceanview cabin (not balcony) guarantee and on 4th day after purchase I got oceanview cabin with balcony. On Navigator of The Seas I bought oceanview cabin with balcony guarantee and got oceanview cabin with balcony.

If you are going to be upset by not getting automatically upgraded, you should purchase the cabin type you want - not a guarantee that is below your preferences. They only guarantee what you bought. And with RoyalUp, it's super unlikely that you'll get anything above what you paid for.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jeepfan2006 said:

Log into your RCI account and go to Cruise Planner and click on View Boarding Pass. Then click on View SetSail Pass. You can read the bar code on your SetSail Pass using an app on your smart phone (I use QR Code). The last numbers (after the dash) are your stateroom number.

I followed these instructions and I kept getting a message about "invalid bar code".  Does that mean that my stateroom has not been assigned yet?

14 minutes ago, cruisecookie said:

I followed these instructions and I kept getting a message about "invalid bar code". 

You either have a bar code with the cabin number or you don't - not sure where you are getting the invalid error. The bar code is your booking number dash cabin #(if there's one) - you don't need an app, the numbers are under the bar code.

Edited by Biker19

11 minutes ago, Kwakwa630 said:

If you are going to be upset by not getting automatically upgraded, you should purchase the cabin type you want - not a guarantee that is below your preferences. They only guarantee what you bought. And with RoyalUp, it's super unlikely that you'll get anything above what you paid for.

Oh no! I'm not upset. Between 1 & 7 of May 2019 I bought the guarantee cabin for 2000$ for 2 adults and 2 children (free for children). For choosing cabin by myself I was supposed to pay 700-800$ more. The guarantee for the cabin is that like I now I'll get the balcony stateroom anyway and If I will be lucky I can get better cabin, if not then it's ok for me. May be RoyalUp will help me who knows.

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You either have a bar code with the cabin number or you don't - not sure where you are getting the invalid error. The bar code is your booking number dash cabin #(if there's one) - you don't need an app, the numbers are under the bar code.

There aren't any numbers under the bar code on my SetSail Pass.

9 minutes ago, cruisecookie said:

There aren't any numbers under the bar code on my SetSail Pass.

Did you look in the RCI app? In iOS you have the option to save the SetSail pass in the Wallet and that's where the number is shown under the bar code. That doesn't seem to be an option/happen for Android.

Edited by Biker19

just did this for my January sailing and it seems i have a connecting room.. not with anyone i know lol seems like that would be weird. do you think they will change it for me if i call? 
also have a few royal up bids in i might have to go up my bid number to help make sure i get one haha

15 minutes ago, EDiamond22 said:

just did this for my January sailing and it seems i have a connecting room.. not with anyone i know lol seems like that would be weird. do you think they will change it for me if i call? 
also have a few royal up bids in i might have to go up my bid number to help make sure i get one haha

If you don't know the connecting neighbor, the door between the two rooms will be closed and locked so that your neighbor can't walk in.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, uvadover said:

If you don't know the connecting neighbor, the door between the two rooms will be closed and locked so that your neighbor can't walk in.  

still not my ideal situation, ill see if they will change it if not no big deal i will avoid the guarantee in the future, this was my first time trying it 

8 hours ago, kamabet said:

Do you by chance have an iPhone to put your setsail pass in your wallet? if you do put in wallet and barcode has a series of numbers below it. The last 4 should be your room #. If you don't have iPhone/wallet download any barcode scanner and scan you setsail pass and you will get your room # that way too. 

Thank you. I have a gty for the kids and it showed up on the Apple Pay Via the Apple Pay app. . Turns out the rooms are across the hall. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, EDiamond22 said:

still not my ideal situation, ill see if they will change it if not no big deal i will avoid the guarantee in the future, this was my first time trying it 

What is the concern?  It's literally a door instead of a piece of the wall, but it serves as a door because it's locked.  Doesn't change the size of the room in any way.  

That said, it puts my own situation in better perspective.  They re-categorized me TWICE on an upcoming Oasis cruise and I asked exactly this question - aka surely there are some folks who don't NEED (or apparently want) the connecting capability.  They basically told me tough luck until I pressed hard enough to get (supposedly) the last two connecting rooms available.

36 minutes ago, uvadover said:

What is the concern?  It's literally a door instead of a piece of the wall, but it serves as a door because it's locked.  Doesn't change the size of the room in any way.  

That said, it puts my own situation in better perspective.  They re-categorized me TWICE on an upcoming Oasis cruise and I asked exactly this question - aka surely there are some folks who don't NEED (or apparently want) the connecting capability.  They basically told me tough luck until I pressed hard enough to get (supposedly) the last two connecting rooms available.

only concern i would have would just be more sound let through i.e mainly us disturbing them coming back to the room late lol but like i said above it they don't change it no big deal, wont damper my vacation 🙂

1 hour ago, EDiamond22 said:

only concern i would have would just be more sound let through i.e mainly us disturbing them coming back to the room late lol but like i said above it they don't change it no big deal, wont damper my vacation 🙂

They are NOT going to change it.

You booked a guarantee.

You are required to accept whatever they assign you.

The same is true of a RoyalUp bid.  Once accepted, your cabin is assigned and the assignment is final.