Unlimited Dining Package - Book now or wait for Black Friday / Cyber Monday ?+ weird math

LMaxwell

7 night, Harmony of the Seas.  Dining package pre-cruise at $179 per adult.    Royal calls it $31 per night.  That equals $217 though.  Says I have a discount but nowhere can I find how much the discount is, what the original price is, or why Royal calls it $31 per night when my calculation puts it closer to $25 per night.   $25 per night seems OK, not exceptional but not bad.  Does anyone know if there will be a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal that beats this? 

Sincerely, 

Confused in FL 

image.thumb.png.e3937df8b7327058ab1bf79e9c3f08b5.png

Edited by LMaxwell

Yesterday that $179 was $199 so it like many other items have already dropped in price.  Whether it will go lower is anyone’s guess however some of the other prices that have dropped like soda, refreshment and photo packages are at the lowest I’ve seen them in a very long time so I doubt they will go lower.  Anyway, you can always cancel and rebook if they drop further.

I was thinking the $179 is before the 18% gratuity is added, but that comes to $211.  Closer, but still slightly off.

Not sure when your sailing is, mine is January 5th.  The lowest price I've seen is $199 for my sailing, so your current price is decent.  You could buy now and secure it.  If there's a better price down the road, I'm told you can cancel your first order and reorder at the lower price.

• Like 1

Just now, Ren1216 said:

I was thinking the $179 is before the 18% gratuity is added, but that comes to $211.  Closer, but still slightly off.

Not sure when your sailing is, mine is January 5th.  The lowest price I've seen is $199 for my sailing, so your current price is decent.  You could buy now and secure it.  If there's a better price down the road, I'm told you can cancel your first order and reorder at the lower price.

Gratuities are not added to cruise planner purchases of the dining package 

1 minute ago, Ren1216 said:

They don't add the 18% if you buy pre-cruise. 

It says includes lunch on sea days...only 2 sea days on my cruise and I love the MDR sea day lunch so would go to that.  Does the UDP including boarding day lunch in any restaurants at least?  I'm trying to work out a cost per meal that feels reasonable to me (about $20)

1 minute ago, LMaxwell said:

They don't add the 18% if you buy pre-cruise. 

It says includes lunch on sea days...only 2 sea days on my cruise and I love the MDR sea day lunch so would go to that.  Does the UDP including boarding day lunch in any restaurants at least?  I'm trying to work out a cost per meal that feels reasonable to me (about $20)

Yes boarding day lunch is included.  It may though exclude Chops if they are using Chops for Key guests. 

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Don't know what they do on a 4 day cruise since there IS a sea day.  Also just because the OP got lunch included everyday on her trip doesn't necessarily mean it will happen in Feb.  The ships seem to make their own rules on the UDP sadly

It's that sort of thing that would stop me dead in my tracks from booking UDP.  A deal is a deal if you get what is advertised.  I *hate* having to argue to get what the advertising says, and I *hate* having to go find a manager on my vacation to have a discussion.  I spend every day in work/personal life trying to get people to perform on their contracts or promises and it is exhausting; I avoid if possible on vacation.  

• Like 5

Just bought the UDP for a 12 day Explorer with 4 sea days.  Said $20, per day.  Was $24 with tip.  I thought it was a good deal.

Also bought something I said I never would.  They had the KEY for the same sailing for $16 pp/pd.  Lowest I have seen the key.  We are sailing with friends with not much C&A status and we were all going to buy internet anyway so it worked for them and we can stay together. 

2 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

It's that sort of thing that would stop me dead in my tracks from booking UDP.  A deal is a deal if you get what is advertised.  I *hate* having to argue to get what the advertising says, and I *hate* having to go find a manager on my vacation to have a discussion.  I spend every day in work/personal life trying to get people to perform on their contracts or promises and it is exhausting; I avoid if possible on vacation.  

On Symphony, I've had no issue using UDP whenever I want.  They seem to be simply treating it as the name implies, unlimited.  Worth every penny at $179 in my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, QuackAttack97437 said:

Really frustrated with Royal Caribbean Site right now. I log in, then click the "Plan my Cruse" button to take me to the planner and it redirects me back to the login page. This happens pretty frequently. Anybody have any tips for resolving this so I can get to the Black Friday sales?

I had to go into the website through Firefox as Chrome was giving me the unending loop of logins...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, QuackAttack97437 said:

Really frustrated with Royal Caribbean Site right now. I log in, then click the "Plan my Cruse" button to take me to the planner and it redirects me back to the login page. This happens pretty frequently. Anybody have any tips for resolving this so I can get to the Black Friday sales?

happened to my dads login. he had to wait about 15 minutes before it would let him login in again

• Like 1

Just now, janny04 said:

So will I not be able to take advantage of the Black friday sale?

The site may be having issues - call to confirm that it's not available yet. BTW, don't assume that the BF price will the best between now and your sailing.

12 minutes ago, janny04 said:

I have cruise booked for Sept 12, 2020 on the Symphony but I can't find the UDP on my cruise planner. Tried emailing RCI but never got a reply. Anyone know why. Thanks in advance.

I would call.  My November and December 2020 Oasis cruises are showing it.