Unlimited Dining Package - Book now or wait for Black Friday / Cyber Monday ?+ weird math

LMaxwell

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I'm guessing no further BF price drops

No changes this morning to Dining or Excursion prices on any of my cruises (7) booked through 2020.  The UDP prices have been the same for months.  Yesterday, one of the cruises had a couple of Excursion reductions that were $5 - $10.  WOW!

• Like 1

Once again... I got a rock.

Amazing new graphics for UDP that unfortunately don't actually change the price.

UDP prior to the big sales event was $29 per night and $199 in cart:

559277308_udp29.jpeg.49eb23a0bceded431d20deda74555396.jpeg

UDP on Black Friday graphics show $26 per night and an increased discount of up to 55%:

1773960619_udp26.jpeg.3e46b5533140efb65aa1c275e66d4f86.jpeg

However the price when added to the cart remains $199 like it was last week. 

I suppose it is true - the discount remains to be up to 55%.

I have two cruises like this that fall within the date range of the Black Friday promotion.

Love the graphics I got today, not loving the actual discount of zero.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Once again... I got a rock.

Amazing new graphics for UDP that unfortunately don't actually change the price.

UDP prior to the big sales event was $29 per night and $199 in cart:

559277308_udp29.jpeg.49eb23a0bceded431d20deda74555396.jpeg

UDP on Black Friday graphics show $26 per night and an increased discount of up to 55%:

1773960619_udp26.jpeg.3e46b5533140efb65aa1c275e66d4f86.jpeg

However the price when added to the cart remains $199 like it was last week. 

I suppose it is true - the discount remains to be up to 55%.

I have two cruises like this that fall within the date range of the Black Friday promotion.

Love the graphics I got today, not loving the actual discount of zero.

On mine  the price at the bottom show $264 CDN but the price per night still shows $26 which is obviously is usd. 

• Haha 1

Another 2020 Black Friday UDP "deal" for only $20 per night.

1826757583_udp20.jpeg.a87e2892b09d4f0777ff828c05bab4b6.jpeg

11 night cruise x $20 per night = $264?  Seems like the old rate of $24 per night is still the actual price.

Same thing in February, same thing in March.  Sigh...  more lumps of coal.

• Like 1

I paid 99 for my mom and I on her April 2020 4 night aboard Navigator. I made my decision because when I calculated the restaurants we would likely have gone to anyway, it works out to be over 100$ in savings. I came here to get an idea of what the prices are usually like but my takeaway is that Royal can be tricky with their "sales" 😂

We will be on HOS Nov 2020.  I have been watching the three day dining package.  When I first booked about 5-6 months ago it was $99 and dropped to 79.  I started to purchase it but for some reason I can’t explain didn’t.  I have been waiting for it to go back down so I can purchase it but it has gone up.  Now the new normal looks to be $115.  But it hasn’t dropped at all.  Even now it is still showing $115 with the cyber deals and for Black Friday.  Do you think it is about to go up again?  If it does it will be close to what the UDP is at $179,  I only want to try Wonderland but was getting the three day because it wasn’t much difference in the prices. Opinions please

Edited by rs45thompson

23 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

We will be on HOS Nov 2020.  I have been watching the three day dining package.  When I first booked about 5-6 months ago it was $99 and dropped to 79.  I started to purchase it but for some reason I can’t explain didn’t.  I have been waiting for it to go back down so I can purchase it but it has gone up.  Now the new normal looks to be $115.  But it hasn’t dropped at all.  Even now it is still showing $115 with the cyber deals and for Black Friday.  Do you think it is about to go up again?  If it does it will be close to what the UDP is at $179,  I only want to try Wonderland but was getting the three day because it wasn’t much difference in the prices. Opinions please

We did UDP and felt it was a bargain at $175.  Wonderland is worth doing as well.  Whether you want to do speciality dining as much is a personal decision I guess. 

• Like 1

So, I'm a pretty new RCCL sailor.  (OK, I was on Legend of the Seas in 2002 but I am not sure that counts at all given that the product has probably TOTALLY changed.)

We purchased the UDP for the two adults in our party for our upcoming November 2020 transatlantic.

It was 336 per person for 14 nights.  $24 per day.

If I understand correctly we can have lunch in a specialty restaurant on all sea days (there are a LOT of those on a transatlantic), our 5 year old can dine from the children's menu for free, and our 9 year old can dine from the children's menu for $10.  Is that correct?

Also we were very interested in the wine discount- we are Diamond through reciprocity with Celebrity, so I think between Diamond Lounge and discounted wine at our dinners we should be perfectly fine so we are not purchasing a beverage package.  I assume that since we will have purchased the entire bottle of wine we could take it with us (back to our room) if so desired, like any other ship.  Right?

Thank you!

2 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

...  I assume that since we will have purchased the entire bottle of wine we could take it with us (back to our room) if so desired, like any other ship.  Right?

Thank you!

Correct.

39 minutes ago, WAMarathoner said:

We purchased the UDP for a cruise later this year.  I wasn't aware that the gratuity was not included.  How does that work, then?  We get a bill for the gratuity???  Not sure that adding another 18% to our already growing bill will be worth it.

The gratuity is included if you purchase the package ahead of time on the cruise planner

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bachsbabygirl said:

Are any of the offerings at Coco Cay upcharge re: food? Just watched a Youtube video that seems to imply that the wings at Captain Jack's are. Wanted to know if that is true would someone with the UDP get the 35$ credit to be used there as well?

Yes, there is at least one upcharge food venue on Coco Cay, but I cannot recall any reports of whether the UDP covers it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bachsbabygirl said:

Are any of the offerings at Coco Cay upcharge re: food? Just watched a Youtube video that seems to imply that the wings at Captain Jack's are. Wanted to know if that is true would someone with the UDP get the 35$ credit to be used there as well?

When we were last at Coco Cay (August), Cap'n Jack's was NOT included in the UDP.

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2019 at 6:03 AM, bachsbabygirl said:

Since Coco Cay is a port stop and not a sea day, then any lunch on the island would not be covered by the UDP.  At lunchtime only sea days and embarkation day are covered by the UDP.

So, I complained to Michael Bayley (or at least to his email address) about the non-sale, and their repeated emails claiming that there was a sale I needed to check out. After not hearing back and noticing that last week's sale pricing was $20 LESS than the alleged BF sale (even though they showed a 50% discount instead of 55% on BF), I wrote again and complained that no one had gotten back to me and that the BF sale was definitely fraudulent advertising.

I got a response back that did not satisfy me. Basically "the price is cheaper than it is on board and prices fluctuate, I'm a consumer so I appreciate your disappointment, blah blah blah". Wrote back and suggested that they pass my comments and those found here and on FB to the appropriate people and got a response assuring me that they read comments and that mine were forwarded. But never got offered anything. And they had definitely looked up my reservation because it had my reservation info in the subject line.

On 11/27/2019 at 12:41 PM, janny04 said:

I have cruise booked for Sept 12, 2020 on the Symphony but I can't find the UDP on my cruise planner. Tried emailing RCI but never got a reply. Anyone know why. Thanks in advance.

Janny04, We're on that same cruise.  UDP first appeared about a week ago at $179.00 pp, but has since went up to $199.00. Get it now, then cancel and repurchase if price drops again, perhaps for Christmas or day after sales.  I go in every few days looking for price drops and have saved hundreds from original prices for drinks, dining, the Key, photos, etc.