Royal app not compatible?

I have tried to install the Royal app on 2 of my tablets. The play store says that the app is not compatible with either one. I was planning to stream and surf on them. Does anyone know why the app won't work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 minutes ago, oxymoron11 said:

I have tried to install the Royal app on 2 of my tablets. The play store says that the app is not compatible with either one. I was planning to stream and surf on them. Does anyone know why the app won't work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Read the specs on the app.  There is a minimum IOS version required by the app.

21 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Read the specs on the app.  There is a minimum IOS version required by the app.

If they are getting it from the play store, it is not an IOS device.  Not sure what android devices are supported, but I have seen display problems on friends androids

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

If they are getting it from the play store, it is not an IOS device.  Not sure what android devices are supported, but I have seen display problems on friends androids

Same concept, there's a minimum version of the OS required for the app.  It's disclosed in the specs of the app.

Thanks for the replies, nice to know that I don't need the app to log in. Both tablets are android. It is on my android phone, no problem with that. My gf has an iphone 5 and she cannot get the app.

Leaving on the Oasis on Sunday. I read that the cabins have smart tvs. Any chance I can stream from the tv with voom?

10 minutes ago, oxymoron11 said:

Thanks for the replies, nice to know that I don't need the app to log in. Both tablets are android. It is on my android phone, no problem with that. My gf has an iphone 5 and she cannot get the app.

Leaving on the Oasis on Sunday. I read that the cabins have smart tvs. Any chance I can stream from the tv with voom?

You would need a device to receive the stream and output to the TV.

14 hours ago, oxymoron11 said:

The app for iPhone requires iOS 11.  Depending on her version of iPhone 5, it may not be upgradeable to iOS 11.

ios-requirements-rci-app.PNG

For those not seeing the info themselves - the Royal Caribbean app requires Android 7.0 or later and WILL install on Android tablets (I just installed it on my Samsung Tab S3 running Pie (9.0).  It also ran and signed in to my account.  Sadly, it showed no upcoming cruises 😞  Bu since I don't have anything booked it's to be expected...

17 hours ago, oxymoron11 said:

Well.. that's going to be above my pay grade. Tablet it is! Thanks

You can get an HDMI to Micro USB to go between the TV and the Tablet, and a Universal Remote to be able to access the 'source' button to change the TV ho HDMI... 

Then you can stream through the tablet to view on the TV...

Cable and Universal remote would be about $20

Thanks Soremekum-I will tell my gf to try to update but I think she is ready to upgrade phones before her next cruise.

Thanks Hallux-you said

Sadly, it showed no upcoming cruises 😞  Bu since I don't have anything booked it's to be expected...

😁

Thanks LBD-I will check into that next week and maybe for my 3-1-20 cruise on Oasis I can try it out and report back.

Edited by oxymoron11
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I had the Royal app on my 6.0 Android but it was not working on the ship.  I could not access menus and/or see my Sea Pass.  I uninstalled it and tried to put it back in but it says now it is not compatible with my device.  Is it because my Android is 6.0?  I forgot how I got it installed the first ime

• 3 years later...

I found the app on uptodown app store...free..

https://royal-caribbean-international.en.uptodown.com/android/download

green button 215.51 mb   left side of screen

It works fine. Check your tablet is above android 7 and it will work.

I googled uptodown and they have excellent record for screening all apps for viruses. It is safe to download and install. Your tablet may give a warning (mine did) about allowing alternate source. It directed me to settings where I ok'd the site and then proceeded to download then when finished clicked to open and voila my Royal app ...signed in and Alaska cruise appeared!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cap'nFlapjack said:

I googled uptodown and they have excellent record for screening all apps for viruses. It is safe to download and install. Your tablet may give a warning (mine did) about allowing alternate source. It directed me to settings where I ok'd the site and then proceeded to download then when finished clicked to open and voila my Royal app ...signed in and Alaska cruise appeared!

I tried and then got a cannot access website. Thanks. I saved your page anyway. 

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

The app on my android says it's no longer compatible 

Just update it from the Google  app store or install the latest version.  They are up to version 1.49.2 as of a release just the other day. As long as you have above Android 7, you should be okay with the update.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

3 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Will it work with my IBM XT? Sorry I couldn't afford the AT. (it was $20+ more)

Just posted my history collection - needed a new home.  Lady really wanted my original Gateway XT, 4.77Mhz, 640K ram, 10Mb disk drive.  She "just needed something to run Quick Books".  Told her no.  She then tried to get the IBM PCjr for same purpose. 

Come on folks, Android "Marshmallow" was 2015, and hasn't been updated since 2018.  Does the battery still work in that thing? or do you have to plug it in to use it?  

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2023 at 1:54 PM, Cap'nFlapjack said:

I googled uptodown and they have excellent record for screening all apps for viruses. It is safe to download and install. Your tablet may give a warning (mine did) about allowing alternate source. It directed me to settings where I ok'd the site and then proceandreded to download then when finished clicked to open and voila my Royal app ...signed in and Alaska cruise appeared!

Just tried this and the app says it needs to be updated . My Samsung tablet runs on Android 11. ???