Seat Assignment with EZAir Question

MarcsSharon

Yes,  one of our flights was changed and we lost our seat assignments. The new flight departs  and arrives the same day as the original flight.  We reserved as soon as it was possible for July 2020.  There is a good possibility that our flights will change again.

Edited by Sanz

sign up with the airline for email alerts to changes... so you can take action if necessary.  Only time we have had seats assignments changed not with Eair, but in general is with American Airlines, found sometimes they change return flight seat assignments when we check in for the first flight on  our trip... why I don't know...now I check my reservations after traveling to see if they make any changes.

We use EZ Air frequently.  Had many flight times changes with Delta for our upcoming cruise in January.  The biggest change was our return flight being cancelled.  Delta booked us on another flight which gets us to our destination airport a lot later then the original flight.  We'll have a 3 hour drive from the airport getting us home around 1:30 a.m.  Our seat assignments were also changed: only 2 of our family of 6 will be sitting together.  This can't be helped because the new flight was mostly sold out.  Were we happy about it?  Not really, but we'll make it work.     

8 hours ago, I object 2 said:

We use EZ Air frequently.  Had many flight times changes with Delta for our upcoming cruise in January.  The biggest change was our return flight being cancelled.  Delta booked us on another flight which gets us to our destination airport a lot later then the original flight.  We'll have a 3 hour drive from the airport getting us home around 1:30 a.m.  Our seat assignments were also changed: only 2 of our family of 6 will be sitting together.  This can't be helped because the new flight was mostly sold out.  Were we happy about it?  Not really, but we'll make it work.     

When these changes happened and delta rebooked you, so this happened before you paid for the flights through EZ Air? But then did not make you pay a higher fare to change flights? Delta just rebooked you? Just confirming 

10 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Use EZ Air all the time.

We have always had the seats stay as chosen unless the airline changes the flight.

To me this is no different than booking with the airline. Same thing can happen.

Small time changes have had no effect.

Agree, but just to clarify, in my experience, seats will stay the same when the flight changes times.  When you really lose the seating is when the flight change is an equipment change, which means a different seating configuration.  Some airlines may be better than others at keeping seats very nearly the same.

The best thing is to periodically monitor your flight schedule so you can react sooner and have a chance to correct the new seats.  Being surprised at check-in time is often way too late to fix anything.

• Like 1

As a Browns fan, I really hate to agree with “steelers36” ... but he is correct.  The only time you’ll see a seat change is when there is a physical equipment change.  Usually, you’ll see that change on you’re EZAir booking page. But,  we did have a major change in our recent flight to Barcelona. It showed up in our Delta booking way before it showed on the EZAir page. I actually had to call Princess after several weeks and they called Delta and said “you’re correct ... our system had not caught up with their change.” Princess then immediately updated the info. So it makes sense to occasionally check both EZAir AND the airlines website.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sanz said:

Yes,  one of our flights was changed and we lost our seat assignments. The new flight departs  and arrives the same day as the original flight.  We reserved as soon as it was possible for July 2020.  There is a good possibility that our flights will change again.

I have experienced one time where my flight number changed; everything else stayed the same.  My seats were still there and the same.

Another time, they changed the aircraft used which changed our seat numbers, but were given the same area that we had originally selected so that was fine.  Both times I was notified by Princess, but I keep checking myself anyway.

I have never had my seats dropped or changed after I have picked them at time of original booking.  Don't know if this makes a difference, but I only book Bus./First. (this way better seats, no seat charges, no luggage charges, priority boarding, etc. are already included for great EZAir pricing!)

Pooh 

Yes, the airline can and will change your seats.  It happened to us this week.  We had an EZair flight on Tuesday with United.  When I checked in on line on Monday, our seats had changed from an adjacent aisle and middle to two middles in different rows further back in the plane.  Luckily there were two adjacent aisles and middles left and I was able to change our seats.  It might have been due to equipment change but I'm not sure.  There are five different versions of the plane we were on with different seat configurations.  We’ve also had American—not EZair--move us recently for an unknown reason.  I’ve learned my lesson to check more often.

Edited by Sea&SkiCruiser

7 hours ago, BoopTennis said:

When these changes happened and delta rebooked you, so this happened before you paid for the flights through EZ Air? But then did not make you pay a higher fare to change flights? Delta just rebooked you? Just confirming 

Yes Delta cancelled the original return flight just before final payment.  They rebooked us on a much, much smaller plane -  a single row of seats on one side and two seats together on the opposite side.     There was no change in fare.   I contacted Delta to see if they would rebook us on an alternative flight (had the same time table as the original flight) and they would but would re-fare us with an increase of $780 .       

11 hours ago, Sea&SkiCruiser said:

Yes, the airline can and will change your seats.  It happened to us this week.  We had an EZair flight on Tuesday with United.  When I checked in on line on Monday, our seats had changed from an adjacent aisle and middle to two middles in different rows further back in the plane.  Luckily there were two adjacent aisles and middles left and I was able to change our seats.  It might have been due to equipment change but I'm not sure.  There are five different versions of the plane we were on with different seat configurations.  We’ve also had American—not EZair--move us recently for an unknown reason.  I’ve learned my lesson to check more often.

Hi @Sea&SkiCruiser you must have missed my post in the Island Princess Northern Lights roll call a couple of weeks ago. Can you please check the post and contact me as soon as convenient to confirm your seats on the tour? I do have other people waiting who would like to come if you change you mind. I know its a long way out, but people need to make arrangements. Thanks.  

On 12/4/2019 at 8:44 PM, Sanz said:

Just happened to me yesterday for my March flights on American. One of the flights, they changed aircraft type and we were moved to different seats.

EZair does not assign the seats.  You could have requested seats during the EZAir booking process.  Since it looks like you did not, go to the airline website and, if they (the Airline) allows it, you will be able to select seats.

Make sure you use the correct airline booking number, which will be on your EZAir confirmation as a part of the flight(s) detail.