Embarking and Debarking Help

May be a silly question but we are cruising out of Port Canaveral on January 6th. My kids 17 year old friend is coming with us. Her and her family did not want to get a passport or passport card so we are using the birth certificate and drivers license and the notarized permission from her parents. However, the rest of us have passports or passport cards. I have read where you go in either the passport line or the birth certificate line depending on what documents you have. Will someone be able to go through that line with her even though we all have passports or cards or would she be able to go through passport line with us? Sorry if this is a dumb question but just want to be prepared for any little hiccup we may have. This is only our second cruise and the first with our kids (teenagers). 

3 minutes ago, Newtocruising2017 said:

May be a silly question but we are cruising out of Port Canaveral on January 6th. My kids 17 year old friend is coming with us. Her and her family did not want to get a passport or passport card so we are using the birth certificate and drivers license and the notarized permission from her parents. However, the rest of us have passports or passport cards. I have read where you go in either the passport line or the birth certificate line depending on what documents you have. Will someone be able to go through that line with her even though we all have passports or cards or would she be able to go through passport line with us? Sorry if this is a dumb question but just want to be prepared for any little hiccup we may have. This is only our second cruise and the first with our kids (teenagers). 

You can all check in together no problem.  When leaving the ship they do have the facial recognition line for all those who have passports...but you can go through the birth certificate line with her.  That line just takes you a little longer.

• Like 1