Sanctum Terrace for Suite Guests

Xcelsior

1 hour ago, tv24 said:

On our recent crossing on the Journey, definite yes, and there often was a lot of unoccupied chairs.

We were on a warm weather cruise in Southeast Asia.  I loved it, but it was never more than 1/4 full, even on days at sea.  

• 2 weeks later...

I probably should not be posting this, but as a non suite guest, I've been "upgrading" with an unposted Sanctum package. $90/head ($99??), $160 per couple. It's my favorite spot on the ship. ALWAYS empty, always quiet. I love it. If I bump into 2 or 3 Suite passengers a day, it's a lot.

• Like 1

It is pretty limited as it needs to be, there are now only 8 loungers plus the bed (on Journey and Quest, slightly more loungers no bed on Pursuit ) and a few seats/sofas. It all depends on the itinerary, in November we gave up trying to get 2 loungers after 0930 and used the main deck or our balcony.  It was actually quieter, people using the thalassotherapy sharing their life stories are really loud as they shout over the noise of the bubbles but with the roof above that noise travels so the whole deck hears. 

Edited by uktog

As I've said before, I think Pursuit is way better than Journey or Quest. I'm going to give Journey a go this coming week as I like the T-Pool, which conversely is better than Pursuit which doesn't work well. 

At the end of the day, only you can decide if it's worth it to you. My recommendation?  Go to the spa, ask for a day pass and if you like it then pay the difference and get the whole cruise. 

Phil 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

As I've said before, I think Pursuit is way better than Journey or Quest. I'm going to give Journey a go this coming week as I like the T-Pool, which conversely is better than Pursuit which doesn't work well. 

At the end of the day, only you can decide if it's worth it to you. My recommendation?  Go to the spa, ask for a day pass and if you like it then pay the difference and get the whole cruise. 

Phil 

Good advice! 
let us know how availability works on warmer sea days 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Hi Phil,  Do you mean you like Pursuit overall better than Quest or Journey - or were you referring to the Sanctum Terrace ? very interested to learn your preferences as you have so much experience on all three ships.

Most definitely Pam. Greater number of chairs and different styles. A lovely set of chairs and sofa in the shade too. 

Phil 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Most definitely Pam. Greater number of chairs and different styles. A lovely set of chairs and sofa in the shade too. 

Phil 

Agree the seating (both number and comfort) is better on Pursuit but on all the cruises I was on, the jets were never 100% working in the t pool. 

I can't believe Pursuit could be "better" than Quest or Journey, but I certainly hope so! We will be on Pursuit for a month come March. Lima to Miami, then on from Miami to Lisbon. I really can't imagine it being better. I will say, there was one very noisy family camped out in the T pool leaving their drink glasses on the side, towels strewed all over the place on our Alaska to Tokyo adventure last August. Nice people to talk to. Just loud and sloppy. It happened only twice. We are pushing 10 Azamara cruises, I've never seen the T deck busy. Oh, as for jets not working, many moons ago I was in the pool, the Captain and an engineer were walking about looking stuff over, and I mentioned the jet and a switch problem. These guys literally dropped what they were doing to get the problem fixed. SO, should you run into trouble, report it promptly. They take maintenance very seriously on board.

Edited by Dr H
  • Like 2