QV Delayed Departure

Ray66

In case anyone was wondering, the QV is still stuck in Southampton due to the bad weather conditions. Arcadia is likewise still in Southampton.

Southampton vts times altered and now showing 23.59 as departure time, although the webcam shows her still berthed as at 00.24am, and Arcadia 3.00am on the 9th.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2715371-arcadia-later-sailing/

looking at marine traffic, it shows they have left Southampton and have just passed Ryde. 

Feel for the people in as it looks like it could be quite a bumpy ride. We’ve just got off the qv yesterday and both ways across the bay it was pretty smooth, goes to show it’s a bit pot luck at this time of year.

After the world  cruises go off in January, there aren't many departures from Soton between Feb and April. A few trips to the Canaries. I thought the Tasman Sea was notoriously rough. Over here, even in winter, the weather is completely random: dead calm one week, very windy the next. 15 in February, -9 in March, as happened a few years ago.

Edited by exlondoner
Misspelling

1 hour ago, Ray66 said:

I notice the QV is still in Funchal Madeira but cruise timetables have her in La Palma for today. Anyone have any information?

Not sure what's up, but I see the "Portos da Madeira" website at apram.pt is showing a 17:00 departure for QV today. Here's a partial screen shot from my phone taken on that website.

20191213_051807.thumb.jpg.335607bd6065e5f80b4c39f2d1c7f27e.jpg

Edited by bluemarble

3 hours ago, Ray66 said:

I notice the QV is still in Funchal Madeira but cruise timetables have her in La Palma for today. Anyone have any information?

12 hour delay in departure weather

Madeira overnight La Palma cancelled

Delayed departure from Soton due to bad weather and fully informed by Captain to reasoning. Eventually left 6.15 am Saturday 9 Dec, informed we were missing La Palma but overnighted in Madeira. Channel and Biscay were rough but life was sweet on QV. 
Derek. 

• Like 2

No disappointment Host Hattie as Madeira is gorgeous. We were able to visit Monte on the arrival pm, dinner onboard then to the Christmas market and stalls later in the evening. Back onboard watched part of the election results then next day back to Monte with camera and tripod for photography. 
All delightful. 
Derek. 

• Like 1