Taking small fan on board

Ronsangel

I have carried a 6" electric fan in my regular luggage on our 2 cruises this year, plus a USB fan on our last one in case the electric one made some x-ray person unhappy. Had no problems, but putting it in your carry on might be smart.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:19 PM, dsvd79 said:

Does it run all night? Like at least 8 hours?

does two D batteries last for a 7 day cruise?

The answer was”no” to both questions re the fan I’m ready to toss. 

I’m hoping your answer is a resounding yes!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Does it run all night? Like at least 8 hours?

does two D batteries last for a 7 day cruise?

The answer was”no” to both questions re the fan I’m ready to toss. 

I’m hoping your answer is a resounding yes!!

I run my fan all night long.  After 7 days the fan was working fine, not as great as the 1st night but good enough.  I always bring back up batteries just in case.  I've used this fan for the past 5 years and only on my longer 12 or 11 night cruises I replaced the batteries. 

On 12/8/2019 at 10:30 PM, Ronsangel said:

I am planning to take a small USB powered fan on board for air flow and white noise. Am I best to pack it in my luggage or carry-on? Anyone had trouble doing this in the past? 

Since the thermostat on the wall is apparently a placebo, we always pack a small electric fan in our checked bag.  We pack it in the original box and have never had an issue with the "naughty" room police.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, dsvd79 said:

I run my fan all night long.  After 7 days the fan was working fine, not as great as the 1st night but good enough.  I always bring back up batteries just in case.  I've used this fan for the past 5 years and only on my longer 12 or 11 night cruises I replaced the batteries. 

That’s perfect!

i’ll order It today. 

Thank you and thanks to Cruise Critic for making possible so much good info all these years. 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 10:30 PM, Ronsangel said:

I am planning to take a small USB powered fan on board for air flow and white noise. Am I best to pack it in my luggage or carry-on? Anyone had trouble doing this in the past? 

I take a fold up battery fan. O2COOL Check it out. Quiet and lots of air.

I have the O2COOL fan also and usually have no problem.  Once in Galveston, my luggage was sent to the "naughty" room and the security officer said no way was that fan going to my cabin even after I showed him a list of the prohibited items which does not include a fan!  

I've never had a problem with my little desk fan (standard wall plug, not USB).  I was on seven cruises this year on two different lines (six RCI, one MSC) and nobody batted an eye.  It's very similar to this one.  I like not having to worry about how long the batteries will last, since it plugs into the wall.

I use a wall "block" that has two USB ports plus a regular wall-type outlet, so I can plug the fan into the wall-type outlet, plus charge two phones / headphones / Kindles / battery packs / whatever, all at the same time while using just one of the supplied outlets -- no extension cords or power strips needed.