For pity's freakin' sake, WHERE is my FCC?????

pcur

You'd think RCCL wasn't in the business of selling cruises and customer service.

I cancelled 2 cruises for 2020 and have an FCC coming from both of them.  I also have another one from a previous cruise earlier in 2019 (housekeeping was not happy with our cabin steward, even though we were).  One has to be used by 5/8/20, the other two by 9/2020.

I cancelled on 11/23, took my punishment about the lost money like a good girl, and now I WOULD LIKE TO BOOK ANOTHER CRUISE, thank you very much!!!

I asked my Big Box TA to call and inquire.  This is the "customer service" part:  Big Box were wonderful as usual.  The RCCL rep (and, I got a watered down version, I'm sure) testily said, "Well, she cancelled on Thanksgiving, and we have 21 business days to issue the FCC".  Whaaat?  Last I knew Thanksgiving 2019 was on 11/28, not 11/23.  I was nice, Big Box was nice, RCCL was not nice.

So, now I'm (mentally) drumming my fingers on the desktop, watching prices fly around like birds, and RCCL is sitting on my FCC certificates.

Oh, and the RCCL rep also said, "We cannot expedite FCC's".  

Hey, thanks for reading!  I feel so much better now.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, pcur said:

You'd think RCCL wasn't in the business of selling cruises and customer service.

I cancelled 2 cruises for 2020 and have an FCC coming from both of them.  I also have another one from a previous cruise earlier in 2019 (housekeeping was not happy with our cabin steward, even though we were).  One has to be used by 5/8/20, the other two by 9/2020.

I cancelled on 11/23, took my punishment about the lost money like a good girl, and now I WOULD LIKE TO BOOK ANOTHER CRUISE, thank you very much!!!

I asked my Big Box TA to call and inquire.  This is the "customer service" part:  Big Box were wonderful as usual.  The RCCL rep (and, I got a watered down version, I'm sure) testily said, "Well, she cancelled on Thanksgiving, and we have 21 business days to issue the FCC".  Whaaat?  Last I knew Thanksgiving 2019 was on 11/28, not 11/23.  I was nice, Big Box was nice, RCCL was not nice.

So, now I'm (mentally) drumming my fingers on the desktop, watching prices fly around like birds, and RCCL is sitting on my FCC certificates.

Oh, and the RCCL rep also said, "We cannot expedite FCC's".  

Hey, thanks for reading!  I feel so much better now.

FCC cannot be used for deposit of cruise.

1 minute ago, lauraapp said:

FCC cannot be used for deposit of cruise.

I'm want to book so near to the cruise dates that the FCC's will pay the balance off, but I can't book without them, since I'll have to pay in full at time of booking.  It's a cruising catch-22. 

I feel for you.  FCCs are incredibly frustrating to use.  I will not go into my frustration with them as it would go on for forever.  RCI reps make it sound like a Gift card for a future cruise.  In reality there are so many restrictions on them,   They are an absolute pain imo.

• Like 1

OP...feeling your pain.  You should've gotten your FCC...not sure what's taking them so long.

We received a couple of FCC's from a couple of incidents on the Navigator.  The FCC's were emailed to us in less than 5 days.  We used them on a couple of previously booked cruises.  It was easy.

Now, that's interesting about using an FCC on a fully paid cruise and getting a credit card refund.  I might just do that to get the cruise booked with current pricing.  Thanks for that tip!

I am now at week 3 of waiting.

I called about an fcc two days ago for a cruise that embarked 10-25 and was not received.  The person I spoke to looked for the FCC's. found them and applied them immediately.  Shortly after that I received the invoice with the FCC's applied.  Don't know why they can't do that for you.

On 12/13/2019 at 11:11 AM, negc said:

I called about an fcc two days ago for a cruise that embarked 10-25 and was not received.  The person I spoke to looked for the FCC's. found them and applied them immediately.  Shortly after that I received the invoice with the FCC's applied.  Don't know why they can't do that for you.

I don't know, either.  I've called twice about them, and for now they are MIA.  However, the RCCL rep could see where I was SUPPOSED to get them.  Upon the very much appreciated advice of these posters here, I called Big Box yesterday and booked the cruises knowing I could use all the FCC's.  One is being applied Monday, and I'm waiting on 2 more.  I wouldn't book until RCCL confirmed for Big Box that I would get a refund when each FCC is applied.  

I am such a newbie with FCC's that I didn't know you could only use 1 per cruise, so I didn't book on the first call, talked to Mr. Pcur, and we decided to a b2b2b.  They are late January and the first half of February, so they all had to be paid in full, and FCC's applied later.

We also had points and Southwest Travel Funds, so the air was free, since SW Travel Funds can also be used for the small fee when booking with points.

I also had a free night with hotels.com, so no cost there, either.  

Plus, RCCL surprised me with $150 obc total for the three cruises, which lowers the out-of-pocket for tips.

Thanks again to everyone who gave me information here!

• Like 1