Confused about Izumi

BNL1213

Hi all,

I booked a reservation for the first night of our Harmony cruise in February for Izumi at $49.99 per person (pre-paid in my cruise planner).  I booked it under the assumption this is for a hibachi dinner, but the menu link posted only has sushi offerings.  DS does not eat sushi and I really only booked this for the hibachi.  The reservation only shows as "Izumi".  Does Royal normally clarify in the reservation if it's Hibachi or not?  I assumed when I booked that for $49 it was a hibachi dinner and not just a pre-fixe sushi dinner.  Does anyone know if there are different dining types in Izumi?

You can make a reservation at Izumi and it is a fixed price if you do it this way.  On ships that have both Izumi and Hibachi there are 2 distinct tabs to select depending on which you want to reserve.  It is no different than selecting between Chops  and Jamies.  If yours is showing Izumi you have selected the wrong restaurant.

C0308984-5EFB-4904-B970-F7A06E9933EC.png

• Like 1

On my cruise planner for Harmony, it lists Izumi Hibachi experience as well as Izumi.  As mentioned, there is a prix fixe dinner in Izumi, but that is not going to be the Hibachi dinner.

Hibachi is very limited as the venue holds about 24 people at a time and there are three seatings nightly.  I would not plan to just show up at Hibachi thinking your reservation is for that area of Izumi.  I'd cancel your reservation and then rebook Hibachi if it is available.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Bob, it can be ordered through the cruise planner for a fixed fee 

No, you pay a fixed fee, then you get a certain credit per person, that is more than the fixed price.

4 minutes ago, eddeb said:

I think paying retail at specialty dining places is a big scam. MDR is very good.

So by all means, eat in the MDR. Your choice. But it's not really your place to judge if others find value and enjoy specialty dining. That's their choice. By your way of thinking I get 'scammed' at least a time or 2 on every cruise and usually find the food a noticeable upgrade from MDR fare.  

Thanks Doug,

We appreciate your input. We have four folks so it gets a little pricey

for what you get. We had the Head chef, Maitr'd  &

2 sets of waiters at our

table for our 2 cruises on Harmony weeks ago every single nite.  It was really over the top as to the service we received. We passed out some good tips for all of them the last night.

Ps: They never see the $14 a day you pay for them. It was fantastic.

They brought out a platter with lobster tails, and no specialty restaurant has the

service we experienced. Ps- we bring lots of candy for the crew every cruise. Lots.

Brilliance tomorrow, Rhapsody 2x Feb and April. Mardi Gras Halloween.

Can't wait! We'll come home, stop at Sam's, get two or three 10 oz. Lobster

tails, Ribeyes from Publix.Yum Yum! Take care and we hope your seas are

flat, and your tummy be fat! 

Our special son entered the Belly Flop Contest and won with 4.99999999 Points out of 5.

The ship adopted him and it was very emotional. We'll be back with Captain Johnny soon.