EZAir - price drop after final payment

LDVinNC

You can make changes in EzAir bookings up until 45 days before your cruise. If you owe, you have to pay right away. If you are due a refund, it can be a hassle, but eventually you will get a check. How long may depend on whether you are booked directly with Princess or with a TA and how diligently you pursue it.. 

13 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

We have made the final payment for our cruise, including the air fare.  Now the air price has dropped.  If we change, how will the excess payment be refunded?  Thanks.

When schedule changes by Delta caused a tight connection issue in Atlanta we were re-booked by Princess on another flight which was much less expensive. 

The difference was credited back on the credit card we used for the final payment the next day. YMMD

• Like 1

We had a similar experience this Fall before our Baltic cruise. We changed flights due to timing and was quite a bit cheaper. We were outside the 45 day window but had completed the final payment. A quick call to Princess and we saw a credit on MC three days later. 

...and actually....it's 45 days from the flight date. We were flying in the day before and at 45 days (to cruise date), I got all excited because the price dropped...but it told me there would be a change fee if I tried to change it. I called Princess and they confirmed that since the date of the flight was in 44 days, I couldn't make the change without a fee (which would have wiped out any savings).  ☹️

I just added the cruise following our original cruise to make it B2B. I had booked EZAir using the original return date and then needed to change to newer return date. In order to change to newer return date, I would have had to wipe out entire original flight booking and start over. Under 45 days til the cruise so I would have had to pay new total airfare, which was $80 higher and then cancellation fee which was equal to the entire original fee. I decided to keep original air and just skip the return flight. I then used EZ air to book just the return on new date. It still cost us a little over $100 but not the $400 it could have. No amount of pleading with the airline or Princess seemed to make a difference.

For the last 3 times we used EZair the price dropped on the 44th day before the flight 🤔. I'm always checking for price drops for the cruise & EZair but so far only EZair had price drops whitin that 44 day timeframe and no way to take advantage of it. If there was a price drop for the cruise, even after final payment, then most of the time Princess passed the savings on to us either by crediting our credit card or as OBC. Makes me wonder if it is the airlines that are not budging or...........??

Theo

We called Princess because we weren't receiving a credit.  We were told that since we had a TA, our TA would have to call Princess to "release the payment"  She did and we got the credit on our card a day later.  That's ridiculous that our TA would have to do that! 

Thanks to all.  I was able to get a $102 fare reduction.  We are still nearly 2 months from the 45 day mark and I will keep checking.  Really hoping that the premium economy or first class fares go down. Willing to pay more for either of those, but not what they are asking now.  So, now we wait and see how/when/if the credit shows up.

1 hour ago, palolake said:

We called Princess because we weren't receiving a credit.  We were told that since we had a TA, our TA would have to call Princess to "release the payment"  She did and we got the credit on our card a day later.  That's ridiculous that our TA would have to do that! 

Normal operating procedure if you use a TA.