Live-ish -- Dec 20 Thru Jan 5 South America/Antarctica on Coral Princess

erber

Now that I'm home and my brain is  more or less is back to normal after several long flights.... I'm uploading some videos from my trip!  The penguin videos are from Bluff Cove Lagoon where I went on an excursion in the Falklands.

Let's see if they work!

Thank you for posting those! What a wonderful adventure you had! I'm taking the same route next December and it was great to "ride along" with you! I do have a question. When you disembarked in San Antonio did you do the ships transfer to the airport or did you do an excursion on the way? It looks like most of the return flights don't leave until 9:00 pm so it would be great to see a little of Chile before leaving.

cruisebie,

Actually we took a ship transfer direct to the airport. It is over an hour drive from the port to the airport and was scenic. Our transfer bus left around 9:30 a.m.

When we got to the airport around 11:30 we had to walk a really long way and then wait in a long line to check our luggage before going through security and immigration. The airport is massive and they are actually in the process of building more new terminals. It is quite something. I bought some really nice souvenirs in the airport. They had a massive amount of shopping available, both the typical duty free stores, but also several stores full of authentic Chilean items.

Our airline said we were required to be at the airport by 2:00 as our flight left at 5 pm. This was a flight to Buenos Aires. Then we had a layover there and then flew overnight on a nine hour flight to Miami.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, 

Sorry I cannot understand to ask a question so I try here. I am on this cruise with Iguassu falls land tour after the cruise in March I printed my entire itineary and it says you need a reciprocital visa when you fly over the borders between the falls from Argentina and Brazil. My travel agent says it has changed and is not necessary. Yet trying to ask why Princes still states that on the printout of the itineary is still getting no answers Has anyone done the combination cruise and tour with Princess in the last month??? thanks liz 

• 3 months later...

Good luck, Cruisequeen4ever. This was the best cruise we have ever been on. We are sad to have had to cancel two cruises this summer. But, we are hopeful we will all be able to continue cruising in the future! Keeping my fingers crossed for you to be able to experience Antarctica and all the wonders of this amazing itinerary.

I think my favorite port stop was in the Falkland Islands. I LOVED the excursion to Bluff Cove to see the penguins and enjoy tea and treats at the cafe. It was such a highlight for me.

As far as my favorite part of Antarctica... I don't know. Maybe Charlotte Bay where we saw countless whales and pristine beauty. But, everything we saw in our antarctic cruising was amazing ... from Elephant Island shrouded in fog, to the amazing ice bergs, to Paradise Harbor, which was so gorgeous. I wish we had been able to explore Deception Island, but that was derailed by weather.

The other thing to note is that the lectures were really superb. We probably went to two lectures a day for several days learning so much about the geographic, history and exploration of Antarctica. Finally, crossing the Drake passage was also a highlight and the iconic Cape Horn was really quite astonishing to see.

It really was a fantastic experience. I am so glad we were able to take the cruise. It was definitely something very special.

6 hours ago, erber said:

Good luck, Cruisequeen4ever. This was the best cruise we have ever been on. We are sad to have had to cancel two cruises this summer. But, we are hopeful we will all be able to continue cruising in the future! Keeping my fingers crossed for you to be able to experience Antarctica and all the wonders of this amazing itinerary.

Thank you! We had also considered the transatlantic you were scheduled for this summer but ended up booking a different transatlantic that was also of course canceled. It is painful having these special cruises canceled. 

It is painful to cancel. This has not been the best of times for so many reasons. But we will get through it. Hoping for cruises in the future and good health.