Elite laundry benefits

healthworker

Probably not. The laundry perk is per cabin, even if there are 2 elites in the cabin, as it has been many times with my wife & I . It is one bag per week per cabin.

Edited by dabear

11 minutes ago, dabear said:

Probably not. The laundry perk is per cabin, even if there are 2 elites in the cabin, as it has been many times with my wife & I . It is one bag per week per cabin.

We get two bags, one for each person, in our room on 7 day cruises.  We are also Elite.  It is one bag per person per 7 day cruise.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, healthworker said:

If I am elite I know I get one free bag laundry. My daughter is not elite but is in my cabin thus her luggage tag says elite. I know she can come to cocktail hour but will she get free laundry as well? Thanks!

You are correct that your daughter may attend the cocktail hour and morning coffee break by virtue of sharing a room with you as an Elite Captain’s Club member...

That said she will not be entitled to things like the complimentary laundry or internet allowances for which you are eligible by virtue of your loyalty...

3 hours ago, dabear said:

No the wash and fold elite laundry perk is per elite member not per stateroom as all the other elite perks outlined in your welcome aboard elite letter. 

Edited by davekathy

Re Elite laundry perk. It actually is one bag per Elite member per SAILING - not per 7 days. So one bag each if 7 night sailing or  14 night sailing. We have cruised Regent and our perk was one bag per suite per week, but they have self serve as well. Wish Celebrity perk was per week, especially on 14  night crossings.

• Like 1

We just recently got off the Solstice after a 12 night cruise, our first with Elite status. We each got a free bag of wash/dry/fold, up to 30 items as well as an offer of an additional bag each for $20.  Sent off an assortment of undergarments, t’s, shorts and pants and everything came back clean and folded.  No issues at all. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Dabear is in error.  The laundry perk is per member, not per stateroom.

Correct.  Just for clarification, it is 30 items, not "a bag."  On some cruises, i.e. our 7-night cruise to Bermuda, it was only 20 items  🍷

It appears that the differences in information we are seeing people post here for the laundry allowance  (i.e., limit on number of bags vs. limit on number of items) are due to the fact that different instructions and restrictions are provided for different cruises and different locations.

Even on cruises to the same location, the laundry allowances may vary from one time to another.

3 minutes ago, countess5 said:

We are on a B2B 7 days each so I would assume our benefit would be for each week not one bag/items per 14 days. Being an Elite Member. 

Cheers! 

That is correct. It is because you are on 2 separate sailings. If it was a 14 day sailing it would still be only one bag per person. 

3 hours ago, countess5 said:

We are on a B2B 7 days each so I would assume our benefit would be for each week not one bag/items per 14 days. Being an Elite Member. 

Cheers! 

Yes I bag EACH for each segment.   So if two of you are elite you will get 2 bags (with 20-30 pieces each).   I would really recommend attending the B2B meeting.   On a couple of cruises they have a raffle for prices and one of them is a bag of laundry.     They also gave away Free Internet, bottles of wine and a dinner for two at one of the Specialty Restaurants.   We won the Specialty Dining.

They don't always do it but I have seen it on 3-4 B2B's we have taken.

Being elite means one bag of laundry per elite person plus an additional bag for $20 on cruises over 12 days. This additional bag is the Select perk which Elite are eligible for as well. Very handy if one has a lot of OBC.