Mardi Gras Refund?

WhaleTailFlCruiser

Refunds for anything can take a little bit of time. There are factors outside of Carnival's control, for example how long it takes for banks to process a refund once the funds are released from the vendor.

Edited by ivanp91

2 minutes ago, lottiegreen56 said:

Are they refunding you guys fiat currency or cruise credit. I think it is so messed up when they (Or any company) only give out cruise credit When they drop the ball on the product. I know the contract probably allows for it but consumers should expect better.

Giving me back money 

3 hours ago, lottiegreen56 said:

Are they refunding you guys fiat currency or cruise credit. I think it is so messed up when they (Or any company) only give out cruise credit When they drop the ball on the product. I know the contract probably allows for it but consumers should expect better.

Dead presidents,  no cheapskating here 

Edited by jimbo5544

1 hour ago, BamaCruisers2011 said:

We re-booked another cruise today( not the Mardi Gras but The Glory because it worked with our schedule) and received 25% credit off new cruise plus $200 OBC. Said it could be up to 3 weeks for card to be credited what we had paid to book Mardi Gras.

We rebooked on the Horizon. It took about 15-20 minutes thru our PVP to transfer the booking.

Fortunately someone posted a copy of the letter from Carnival so I knew what to expect.

I was impressed by the person I spoke with after calling in to Carnival, they were knowledgeable and efficient. I put a new booking on courtesy hold before calling, and just provided both booking numbers, confirmed a few things and was off the phone in less than 15 minutes with a confirmation email.

I was able to use the 25% FCC and received the $100 per person onboard credit to book another cruise and I was able to have the money that had been paid on Mardi Gras transferred to the new booking so I don't have to worry about tracking down a refund across the several different payment methods. In addition to having used several forms of payment, I also had future cruise credit from an earlier cruise applied to the Mardi Gras booking, so it was a pleasant surprise that everything went smoothly. 

I will mention that the Carnival rep said they could not apply any funds paid by Paypal to the new booking, and I had used that method to put a little bit on the Mardi Gras booking, so that portion has to be refunded through Paypal. I expect that to take several days to a week or more with the holidays and high volume due to the cancellation. No problem there, just thought it was useful to know that Paypal funds have a little less flexibility in case it becomes important to anyone in the future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, geoffrywillhardt said:

Any updates from people regarding their refunds? We still haven't received ours just wondering if others are still waiting or not.

Received refund for shore excursions immediately.  Gift card refund amounts are back on the original gift cards. Used three different credit cards and as of yesterday, have all but 2 refunds on 2 different AMEX cards. Work in progress!

I haven’t been refunded yet. When I called to check on it last week the agent acted like she was initiating the refund as we spoke. The way the letter was written it lead me to believe that a refund would be automatically processed which wasn’t the case.

On 12/24/2019 at 4:44 AM, ivanp91 said:

Refunds for anything can take a little bit of time. There are factors outside of Carnival's control, for example how long it takes for banks to process a refund once the funds are released from the vendor.

Takes a mere seconds for any charge I make to show up, but refunds take days.  Hmmm.  I wonder why.