Splendor Infinity Pool on Deck 5

cruisealert

1 hour ago, cruisealert said:

We are sailing on Splendor on April 1 from Miami and noticed they have a beautiful infinity plunge pool on deck 5 at back of the ship. Is this accessed thru Spa and Wellness Center? 

Overall ship looks awesome!!!

Yes, I plan to check it out on February 6th cruise.

I loved them several special showers near the infinity plunge pool on the Explorer BUT was disappointed in the infinity pool ( early 2019, prior to refurbishment); it had missing tiles and a clouded "glass" front.

• Thanks 1

On the Explorer the infinity pool was never full while at sea and rarely filled up even in port. I don't see the point of it all if you can never use the pool filled up.

Here is a link to a prior discussion on the Explorer Infinity pool (LINK)

J

On 12/25/2019 at 4:41 PM, JMARINER said:

On the Explorer the infinity pool was never full while at sea and rarely filled up even in port. I don't see the point of it all if you can never use the pool filled up.

Here is a link to a prior discussion on the Explorer Infinity pool (LINK)

J

Thanks for the link and photos. We will at least try it, but will miss the lounge that it replaced.!!

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2019 at 6:05 AM, mrlevin said:

The other option is if you have one of the rear facing G2 cabins, you can lower yourself over the railing down to the infinity pool; just need either bedsheets or a rope or a rope ladder.

Well, one could just put on your red Speedos, leap off the balcony above (preferably with a loud exclamation, such as a Tarzan vocalization) and do a honking cannonball into the infinity pool:  Kersplash!!  So much for the quiet, Yogistic atmospherics!  Not suggesting this - just sayin'.  No knotted bedsheets required.  

• Like 1

Personally I think this small pool and its location are a great idea.  We'll be right above it on Deck 7 but I rather think I will take the lift down there.

Apparently it can be accessed via the spa and also via the outside promenade area on Deck 5.  From photos it looks lovely to me!  I just hope the water is heated though (don't like water under about 28°C)

19 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Personally I think this small pool and its location are a great idea.  We'll be right above it on Deck 7 but I rather think I will take the lift down there.

Apparently it can be accessed via the spa and also via the outside promenade area on Deck 5.  From photos it looks lovely to me!  I just hope the water is heated though (don't like water under about 28°C)

The water is quite warm but the area is pretty poor.  When they first opened the infinity pool on Explorer, they had fears that it would be too crowded so Regent was going to put limits on how many people could go there.  As it turns out, most people do not want to go there (not even Dennis who is like a fish when it comes to water).  We visited the pool (and Dennis went in for about 3 minutes - it was highly chlorinated) and we have not returned since.  

cruisealert - no lounge was affected by having the infinity pool.  Unlike Navigator, Explorer and Splendor both have a forward Observation Lounge.  Actually, the area where the infinity pool would not have been large enough for any type of lounge.

19 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

The water is quite warm but the area is pretty poor.  When they first opened the infinity pool on Explorer, they had fears that it would be too crowded so Regent was going to put limits on how many people could go there.  As it turns out, most people do not want to go there (not even Dennis who is like a fish when it comes to water).  We visited the pool (and Dennis went in for about 3 minutes - it was highly chlorinated) and we have not returned since.  

cruisealert - no lounge was affected by having the infinity pool.  Unlike Navigator, Explorer and Splendor both have a forward Observation Lounge.  Actually, the area where the infinity pool would not have been large enough for any type of lounge.

True...but if it and spa combined  weren’t given such prime spots...there would be room for aft lounge like on Voyager and Mariner.  

It would be a trade off - you have to put the spa etc somewhere.  On the Navigator it is forward and the only lounge is aft.  No one as far as I know likes not having the Observation lounge up front.  Which all the other ships have.

Can't win them all I am afraid!

I am fine with chlorinated water...as long as it is warm!

3 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

It would be a trade off - you have to put the spa etc somewhere.  On the Navigator it is forward and the only lounge is aft.  No one as far as I know likes not having the Observation lounge up front.  Which all the other ships have.

Can't win them all I am afraid!

I am fine with chlorinated water...as long as it is warm!

Navigator is a smaller ship.  Voyager and Mariner which are more the size of the new ships have both a forward observation lounge and an aft lounge.  

20 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

Navigator is a smaller ship.  Voyager and Mariner which are more the size of the new ships have both a forward observation lounge and an aft lounge.  

I know - I have been on all the ships (more than once each, especially the Mariner) except the Explorer.  Will be on Splendor 14 March.

Edited by Hambagahle

I'm of the other mind on this.  I love the infinity pool at the back.  It's never overcrowded.  You don't have to fight for a chair.  It's private and a great place to read a book.  I never use the main pool.  Too many people and no chairs.  After getting out, I head into the spa for a sauna. 

Looking aft when we are under way is a treat.  I like the privacy.  Too bad they don't serve champagne.  

I personally like the idea of a 2nd pool. Of course, not sure how often we'll use it (going on Explorer in April) but I look forward to the change. I think there are more than enough lounges already. I can see myself hanging out in it for an hour or two a day.

One of our favorite places on Explorer is this pool - the water is far from warm unless the sun is shining directly on - I was in this pool almost daily and there was a good 20 degree change in the pool temp from the weather - one downside is no alcohol is allowed on the area - so no children and no drinks makes it quiet and peaceful - there are loungers about the pool that provide both shaded areas and opportunities for full sunning - It is easy to access from the men’s and woman’s spa areas but as stated above on Explorer you can walk around the ship from the coffee connection to the pool area.  Hope you enjoy this spot as much as we did. 

CB3DEA82-A1D5-469C-84C0-C095943C6226.jpeg

AFB0387A-F3FA-41C2-B945-7D536C1AFA1A.jpeg

322465DF-732E-4DF6-BEBE-D5025245CF62.jpeg