A-Z .... The ABC and D Islands on the Zuiderdam

scubacruiserx2

33 minutes ago, suec12 said:

Thank you for the menus! I'll stay tuned for more.

Our usual brand is Celebrity that has very good beef and lamb in the MDR's. Not so good fish or pasta. We have sailed HAL and Princess two times each - my impression is that they both do a much better job with fish / seafood and pasta / risottos. Would you agree? 

Thanks again for posting the menus! 

Your're welcome and welcome on board . My wife's favorite lamb was on the Connie a number of years ago on a TA . Our last visit to the ABC's was on the Eclipse and in 2021 we have a TransPac and Alaska booked on the Eclipse . We do like the pasta and risotto on Princess and that they have more dining options and we are booked on a East bound TA on the Regal in April . We also have a West bound TA in August that goes to Norway , Iceland and Greenland back on the Zuiderdam .

• Like 1

scubacruiserx2,

So enjoyed reading your review this am over my coffee!

Loved the details and photos. I am happy that PG still has breakfast for NS👍 I love being able to have a quiet breakfast in there. Thank you and also so glad you finally got your hot water.

Denise😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I am surprised to see you got the regular HAL bag and not the CO bag. (Neptune Suites are supposed to have Club O benefits.

Enjoying your review and glad you got hot water at long last!

The only time that we got a CO bag was when we tried CO on the NS . Hot water is something that we take for granted sometimes like Air Conditioning . Some passengers on our cruise did't have AC and it quite warm and humid on this cruise . We found out that the hot water was out in our aft section in several cabins . I opened the door to hear the evening announcements and I saw our very elderly neighbor in nothing but a towel . We guess that he found a shower elsewhere on the ship .

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

scubacruiserx2,

So enjoyed reading your review this am over my coffee!

Loved the details and photos. I am happy that PG still has breakfast for NS👍 I love being able to have a quiet breakfast in there. Thank you and also so glad you finally got your hot water.

Denise😊

Thanks Denise . The jets in the tub came into play after some long days on our feet . They sure felt good on the sore muscles and the feet !

33 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

[snip]   I saw our very elderly neighbor in nothing but a towel . We guess that he found a shower elsewhere on the ship .

EEK! Don't tell me HAL has stopped putting robes in the rooms!!!!!!

The Microsoft studio looks nice, but it seems that they've got more space but not more computers?

• Haha 1

The battery in my wife's dive watch expired so we went to the ship's stores hoping that they could replace it but no dice . The man said that they would have some $20 ladies watches on sale the next day . We wanted to know the time when we went ashore . We checked out the stores and they only had one kind of my spirit of choice . Our oldest daughter had asked us to pick up a couple of bottles of Mama Juana  in the Dominican Republic but we had never heard of it .

DSC00572 (2).JPG

DSC00574 (2).JPG

DSC00576 (2).JPG

DSC00577 (2).JPG

4 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

EEK! Don't tell me HAL has stopped putting robes in the rooms!!!!!!

The Microsoft studio looks nice, but it seems that they've got more space but not more computers?

They do have robes but the trick is getting it out of the bag . 😉

We thought that there would be more computers also . It was my 1st time using a Surface Pro but I do edit with Windows 10 since my beloved Picasa died .

3 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

It was my 1st time using a Surface Pro but I do edit with Windows 10 since my beloved Picasa died .

I believe Google replaced Picasa with Snapseed. Your photos are lovely already, but I do like using Snapseed on my iPad. There is a version for Microsoft PC/Surface as well.

https://snapseed.online/pc/

5 minutes ago, vicd1969 said:

I believe Google replaced Picasa with Snapseed. Your photos are lovely already, but I do like using Snapseed on my iPad. There is a version for Microsoft PC/Surface as well.

https://snapseed.online/pc/

Thanks for the tip and I'll take a look . I have warmed to the Windows 10 out of necessity . I was clutching on to my Windows 7 and Picasa until it died and I had to move on .

We went to the Buying a computer for your Family and we were the only ones there for a while . The lady who was giving the class also works as a photographer in the studio on the ship . He recommendation for us was a Microsoft Surface Studio which retails for about 4 K ( and I don't mean a 4 K TV set ) . HP sells a similar model for $1600 . We didn't get much of a sunset in Fort Lauderdale so we wanted to catch it over Cuba at dinner time . We did have the Gala Diner brought to our room so we could continue to watch and photograph it .

DSC00615 (2).JPG

DSC00606 (2).JPG

DSC00610 (2).JPG

DSC00612 (2).JPG

DSC00613 (2).JPG

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, zonk42 said:

Thank you for the great review. We were on your cruise as well, in an SS on deck 6, which we loved. I know several people had issues on this cruise, but everything went perfect for us.

You're welcome , glad to hear that you had a great cruise . Was't the first full day at sea when we moved the clocks forward an hour ?

7 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

The CC M&G was held at the Billboard on Board at 11 AM . It was nice to put some of the faces with the CC names . We did excuse ourselves early to go to the Make your images look like a Pro class at the Microsoft Studio . 

DSC00558 (2).JPG

DSC00561 (2).JPG

DSC00566 (2).JPG

do you have to book these activities or do you just rock up?

20 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

You're welcome , glad to hear that you had a great cruise . Was't the first full day at sea when we moved the clocks forward an hour ?

Yes, that’s correct. And then back again on the last sea day if I recall correctly. 

We were on that cruise, too.  I remember meeting you and your wife somewhere, but I forget where now.  Probably one of the Microsoft classes.  I just finished my blog with lots of pictures, too.  will be putting it on Cruise Critic, too.