A-Z .... The ABC and D Islands on the Zuiderdam

scubacruiserx2

10 hours ago, slabeaume said:

We were on that cruise, too.  I remember meeting you and your wife somewhere, but I forget where now.  Probably one of the Microsoft classes.  I just finished my blog with lots of pictures, too.  will be putting it on Cruise Critic, too. 

May be the class or in the Pinnacle for breakfast ? Cheers .

We woke to the strong smell of smoke . It was very pungent outside . We were off of the coast of Haiti where charcoal make and used indoors for cooking and may cost 25 -30 % of a families income . It's a tremendous health issue in women and children .

https://medium.com/@kevinadair/charcoal-kills-especially-in-haiti-4030b5fb9a62

We were watching the moon set and smelled cigarette smoke coming from a balcony 2 or 3 upwind from ours . The lunch and dinner offerings we on TV .

DSC00627 (2).JPG

DSC00628 (2).JPG

DSC00645 (2).JPG

DSC00649 (2).JPG

DSC00650 (2).JPG

DSC00655 (2).JPG

We went to the ships stores to try to find the elusive cheap ladies watch but they didn't have any . A employee said that they had $ 10 men's watches put away and asked for our room number . He said that he would call after 9 PM but the call never came . We decided to try the Pinnacle lunch and we were sure glad that we did .

DSC00657 (2).JPG

DSC00660 (2).JPG

DSC00662 (2).JPG

DSC00663 (2).JPG

DSC00664 (3).JPG

DSC00665 (2).JPG

DSC00666 (2).JPG

• Thanks 1

Great photos and report! I don't usually follow Caribbean reports but yours is lovely. 

By the way, I noticed your cruise and travel director is Thomas Weber. We had him on the Koningsdam transatlantic  October/November 2019. He said he was going to fly to Sydney to join the Maasdam. His stint here must have been extremely short or he never went to Australia after all.

Well thank you . We have done a number of cruises in the Western Caribbean but this was only our 2nd to the deep southern and the first time to the Republic Dominican . We didn't have much contact with Mr Weber but we did have a nice chat with the Captain . A very nice and capable man .

5 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

Our one and only HAL experience was in a Neptune suite. You're bringing back some wonderful memories!

We're glad that you had some great memories on HAL . For us the photos also bring some good memories and the reviews serve as a bridge to the next cruise . The biggest issue that we have with the Neptune Suite is that we got spoiled and don't want to change ! 😊

30 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Great pics. Some of the flowers you shared earlier are gorgeous!

Thanks , some of them had a couple of Easter Lilies which smelled great coming or going to the Pinnacle . And speaking of the Pinnacle , the service was great and Ernesto and Jose were outstanding !

• Like 1