Where does Regal Princess dock in St. Thomas?

Bluewater4ever

38 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

When Princess docked at Crown Bay there was quite a bit of grousing on this board that they were not docking at Havensight. Mostly due to lack of shopping at the pier and inability to walk into town.

Oh I realize that most of the people simply love the shopping offered at Havensight although there are no real bargains. Years ago there were great deals but since the internet they all but leveled out.

We just appreciate the beach day at Emerald beach without all the fanfare of shopping.

Just now, MissP22 said:

Oh I realize that most of the people simply love the shopping offered at Havensight although there are no real bargains.

In her later years, my mom could not walk very far.

She like havensite, as she could get to the shops.

You can walk downtown from either crown bay, or haven site -- the wallk from havensite is a little shorter, and a lot prettier.

Once you get there though, same downtown...

I recall once -- bring a coupon to some jewelery store to get a free pair of diamond stud ear rings.

I was particularly impressed when they had to dig through a plastic bag looking for two that the

stone hadn't already fallen out of!

No one has mentioned that Havensite is closer to Kmart!

And, there used to be a KFC, but I don't know if that is still there.

And, the pueblo supermarket is a little closer in Havensite than in Crown Bay.

18 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

When did it change from Crown Bay to Havensight?

As I posted earlier l can't ever remember not docking at Crown Bay with Princess. Looking back we might have docked at WICO on one of our Caribbean Princess summer cruises about 7 years ago when there are not that many ships in the Caribbean in the summer.

When there are 2 Princess ships at St. Thomas, one docks at Havensight and one at Crown Bay.  The last time we were at ST and on the Caribbean P, we could see the Royal or Regal over at Crown Bay.  The Royal/Regal may be too large for Havensight.  We docked at Crown Bay on Princess ships some years ago.

10 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

When there are 2 Princess ships at St. Thomas, one docks at Havensight and one at Crown Bay.  The last time we were at ST and on the Caribbean P, we could see the Royal or Regal over at Crown Bay.  The Royal/Regal may be too large for Havensight.  We docked at Crown Bay on Princess ships some years ago.

Interesting, because this past March/April both the Regal and the Crown were in Havensight, along with a Carnival ship.

57 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

When there are 2 Princess ships at St. Thomas, one docks at Havensight and one at Crown Bay. 

This was true 3+ years ago, when princess had their agreement to use crown bay.

Only one grand class (or larger) ship could fit at crown bay, due to the water depth on one side of the pier.

Since the crown bay agreement lapsed, there is rarely a princess ship at crown bay.

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Oh I realize that most of the people simply love the shopping offered at Havensight although there are no real bargains. Years ago there were great deals but since the internet they all but leveled out.

We just appreciate the beach day at Emerald beach without all the fanfare of shopping.

Down through the years we have managed to get some very good deals at Havensight with watches, electronics, cameras and even a globe.

It's been my experience you can find pretty much any cruise port schedule with a simple Google search

http://wico-ltd.com/cruise-ship-dock/ship-schedule-port-availability

Not sure why people aren't just  posting the links -- I've posted links to port schedules many times here with no issues.  I thought we were only prohibited from posting TA links/info.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

5 hours ago, pablo222 said:

No one has mentioned that Havensite is closer to Kmart!

And, there used to be a KFC, but I don't know if that is still there.

alas, HOOTERS, located in Havensite has now closed after 10 years … 

For all those who are off island, with much sadness, Hooters of St Thomas is now closed. Thank you for your support throughout the last ten years.
“sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory”

We are just off Regal Princess today. We docked at Havensight on Christmas Day along with NCL Encore and Gem.

Have not docked here in years. Shops open but about 80% sell jewelry, which we do not need.

Did not take an open air bus ride to downtown where more diverse shopping can be found.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Down through the years we have managed to get some very good deals at Havensight with watches, electronics, cameras and even a globe.

It very well might be but they're not something we shop for on vacation. On items with a high tax you might save even more.

All the electronics I priced out on ANY of the Caribbean items could be bought online even cheaper than St Thomas. 

You have to be especially careful with jewelry purchases and I don't consider myself an expert in selecting items like that. I trust my local jeweler at home rather than making a purchase from someone I don't know & will never see again.

33 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It very well might be but they're not something we shop for on vacation. On items with a high tax you might save even more.

All the electronics I priced out on ANY of the Caribbean items could be bought online even cheaper than St Thomas. 

You have to be especially careful with jewelry purchases and I don't consider myself an expert in selecting items like that. I trust my local jeweler at home rather than making a purchase from someone I don't know & will never see again.

I'm lucky, my wife could care less about jewelry. 

22 hours ago, pablo222 said:

Princess got a break on docking fees by using crown bay when it opened.

They had a 10 year contract, that they subjected their passengers to.

At the end ... it wasn't too bad.   But, for the first year or two, all that was there

was a pavillion.   There were no stores built.

;

The 10 years ended, and Princess has moved back to havensite.

I think royal carribbean is now enjoying crown bay.

I know that Celebrity docks at Crown Bay also, at least they did for our last 2 cruises with them this year.

4 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Not sure why people aren't just  posting the links -- I've posted links to port schedules many times here with no issues.  I thought we were only prohibited from posting TA links/info.

See this post:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2719546-where-does-regal-princess-dock-in-st-thomas/?do=findComment&comment=59021281

And this:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2719546-where-does-regal-princess-dock-in-st-thomas/?do=findComment&comment=59023070

Both in this thread.

23 hours ago, pablo222 said:

Princess got a break on docking fees by using crown bay when it opened.

They had a 10 year contract, that they subjected their passengers to.

At the end ... it wasn't too bad.   But, for the first year or two, all that was there

was a pavillion.   There were no stores built.

;

The 10 years ended, and Princess has moved back to havensite.

I think royal carribbean is now enjoying crown bay.

Was it really for 10 years that Princess docked at Crown Bay or did they leave before their contract ended ?

15 minutes ago, pablo222 said:

Yea.....I was referring to people posting 'look up '****.com' type posts, instead of just posting the link.  There is no prohibition on posting those kinds of links, AFAIK.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

1 minute ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Yea.....I was referring to people posting 'look up '****.com' type posts, instead of just posting the link.  There is no prohibition on posting those kinds of links, AFAIK.

When princess first changed to print your own luggage tags...

There was a site that sold luggage tag holders.

Favors-by-sara-something.

That URL was always converted to *** like the above.

23 hours ago, pablo222 said:

This was true 3+ years ago, when princess had their agreement to use crown bay.

Only one grand class (or larger) ship could fit at crown bay, due to the water depth on one side of the pier.

Since the crown bay agreement lapsed, there is rarely a princess ship at crown bay.

Thanks for to pablo222 and several others for updating me on the situation!

We're not shoppers so Havensight itself isn't particularly a draw, but do like to ride to the top of Paradise Point there for the spectacular views.  Also, if one just wants to stretch their legs the street there is nice and shady compared to the "no shade" situation at Crown Bay and its surrounding area.

Edited by BarbinMich

1 hour ago, BarbinMich said:

We're not shoppers so Havensight itself isn't particularly a draw, but do like to ride to the top of Paradise Point there for the spectacular views. 

That is a nice feature of the havensite area.

Emerald Bay being close to Crown Bay is really the only positive I can think of for Crown Bay.

But, if one is willing to pay for a cab there are much, much nicer beaches on St. Thomas.