O'Sheehan's Menu? Hot Roast Beef Sandwich

ready2cruzagain

13 hours ago, shof515 said:

i am the same way too..i hate lamb..would love to see a beef version of shepherd pie

I don't know if you guys call it the same but in the UK a shepherds pie is made with lamb and a cottage pie is made with beef.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, liverpoollad said:

Shepherds Pie is lamb mince.... Cottage pie is beef mince. Two different dishes.

We might share a language, it does not mean we share everything, cottage pie is a very British dish and as far as I know not a term used widely in America.

17 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

We might share a language, it does not mean we share everything, cottage pie is a very British dish and as far as I know not a term used widely in America.

I can say I had never heard of Cottage Pie before this thread.  I always thought Shepherds Pie was made with ground beef.  Never had it any other way.  Learn something new every day!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I can say I had never heard of Cottage Pie before this thread.  I always thought Shepherds Pie was made with ground beef.  Never had it any other way.  Learn something new every day!

I thought that was the case.

I can remember my first visit to O'Sheehan's and seeing a reubens sandwich (described as a corned beef sandwich), Corned beef here only comes in a tin and I could not imagine anything worse.

image.jpeg.9ed1e0d0f99fb225d59b110b48a84c08.jpeg

When I discovered how good a reubens is... wow can't wait for my next cruise to order one.

14 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I can remember my first visit to O'Sheehan's and seeing a reubens sandwich (described as a corned beef sandwich), Corned beef here only comes in a tin and I could not imagine anything worse.

When I discovered how good a reubens is... wow can't wait for my next cruise to order one.

🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Debde said:

So let's just throw in more confusion........😆

In one of the restaurants by me where you can get Sheperds Pie-I was told cottage pie just meant it had cheese on top!😕

I had to google it!  😂 Here is what I came up with (can you tell I am bored and waiting for my cruise in 5 days!!)

https://www.news-herald.com/lifestyle/shepherd-s-pie-vs-cottage-pie-what-s-the-difference/article_d45cfdc5-4aa4-58e3-a86f-27bf35220a4d.html

What’s the difference between Shepherd’s Pie and Cottage Pie? Shepherd’s Pie contains lamb and is an Irish specialty. Cottage Pie is English and contains beef. Both have mashed potatoes on top, and occasionally on the bottom as well.

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Like 1

While we are watching others sailing out today & tomorrow, on the Gem & Bliss ... on the subject of beef, I think the mushroom beef burger w. bacon was good in OSH. It was big & edible and better than the ones in the buffet.  Haven't seen much comments from those that tried it in the "Locals" 😛 😋

Early January in NY and it's 47, going up to 50 degree F with fog & drizzle. 

IMG_20191219_133826162.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mking8288 said:

While we are watching others sailing out today & tomorrow, on the Gem & Bliss ... on the subject of beef, I think the mushroom beef burger w. bacon was good in OSH. It was big & edible and better than the ones in the buffet.  Haven't seen much comments from those that tried it in the "Locals" 😛 😋

Early January in NY and it's 47, going up to 50 degree F with fog & drizzle. 

IMG_20191219_133826162.jpg

Those frozen fries look so sad. Probably not even salted. 

14 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

Those frozen fries look so sad. Probably not even salted. 

What isn't frozen on a cruise ship these days ?  

These, we get right here in NY, close to home ... not cruising for those. Tipping is discretionary, for our convenience. 

They are good, all under $10 each.

Collage 2020-01-04 10_29_45.jpg

7 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

NCL Reubens aren't too bad, I'm a reuben snob too.

The picture is what is called corned beef hash over here.

23 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

What isn't frozen on a cruise ship these days ?  

These, we get right here in NY, close to home ... not cruising for those. Tipping is discretionary, for our convenience. 

They are good, all under $10 each.

Collage 2020-01-04 10_29_45.jpg

There you go again taunting us with great food pics.

Yes, the burgers on NCL generally are pretty good.  I've thought the fries are good at OSH so long as they are hot.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

That looks like Spam to me (or dog food).  Corned beef here is more akin to pastrami or Montreal smoked meat.

Growing up my mom made Shepherds Pie and it was always made with ground beef.  I never heard of Shepherds Pie being made only from lamb until Gordon Ramsay, lol.

Edited by GettotheSun
Typo