Random Reflection Jan 3 to 10, 2020

wpgcycler

Where is Kelly’s landing and approx how much?  That looks amazing.

Found it on Google Earth and found their menu.  It is across the street from where we are stayin.

Edited by Perky1
Added

For those interested in whether Carry-On bags may be dropped off in cabin prior to the “cabins ready” announcement (as per my question in an earlier thread), this option was not offered. Cabins were ready at 1:00PM on the dot.

We arrived at the terminal (25) at 11:00AM. Checked in for Aqua without a wait. We then waited however for permission to board. At about 11:25, Concierge guests were invited to board. Seemed odd that Aqua had to wait a bit. Almost no one from Concierge boarded at this time so in about 5 mins Aqua was invited to board and we had Bubbly in hand by about 11:40.

20 hours ago, Perky1 said:

Where is Kelly’s landing and approx how much?  That looks amazing.

Found it on Google Earth and found their menu.  It is across the street from where we are stayin.

No reservations accepted. Go early - it was rammed with locals and for good reason. If I lived hear I’d be an instant regular. Unpretentious place serving simple fare made from fresh ingredients at surprisingly low prices. The owner is from Central Mass.

49 minutes ago, wpgcycler said:

On Day 2, the toilet flushing mechanism stopped working. It resumed functioning about an hour later but, clearly, the cruise is ruined. What form/amount of compensation should I demand?

Clearly every time you flush at home, you will experience PTSD....... ask for a cute therapy puppy to take onboard next time you cruise.........(clearly tongue in cheek, people. I know there are lots of Real Cases out there!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mailmama said:

Clearly every time you flush at home, you will experience PTSD....... ask for a cute therapy puppy to take onboard next time you cruise.........(clearly tongue in cheek, people. I know there are lots of Real Cases out there!)

Things going from bad to worse. The wind blew the  cheese off my Celebrity Burger along with a couple of fries. At this rate I’ll be up to a free Reflection Suite by the end of the week.

Edited by wpgcycler
  • Haha 5

At this time I’d like to address the grave issue reported on the forum regarding the complete and utter inadequacy of these newfangled paper straws.  In fact, I was able to consume an entire frozen mango daiquiri with no evidence of structural failure. Myth busted.

(I would advise the plaintiffs to review the proper operational procedure for these devices.  Place one end in the mouth and the other end in the beverage. Apply a combination of muscular action of the tongue and cheeks to reduce the air pressure in the mouth and above the liquid in the straw, whereupon atmospheric pressure will force the beverage through the straw. Please note, the drinking straw is not a chewy toy.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, hcat said:

Excellent  posts! Nice photos and some good humor!

Lately, they take Concierge ahead of AQ class..perhaps to get them on board in time for the lunch..not a big issue yet!

Oh, I see. Yes that does make sense, I guess. 

Thanks!

Can you please post what cameras they currently have for sale along with pricing please? We'll be boarding in March with a bunch of OBC-N to use up. Thanks, and I also totally understand if you don't want to waste valuable vacation time finding out.

8 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Can you please post what cameras they currently have for sale along with pricing please? We'll be boarding in March with a bunch of OBC-N to use up. Thanks, and I also totally understand if you don't want to waste valuable vacation time finding out.

Is there a single camera store (sorry, I’ve never really paid attention)? If so, I’ll take a peak.

The cameras are usually for sale at the Photo Gallery counter on deck 5. Thanks! We're looking at upgrading our camera to a higher end Cannon. I know Cannon sells much better ones than offered on the ship, but for our purposes the DSLR's they offer fit the bill and we don't need to reach for our credit card.😜

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1