New personaliser what is your view

Two 2 Tango

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Well I logged back and it had accepted the insurance details, and the address of my friend.  Very odd.  As it's April, I do not have any dress codes, not that it matters.

Jean, I don't think that the missing dress codes have anything to do with the date, on the 2 cruises that I have completed the details for the February cruise shows 14 black tie nights and the June cruise has alternate nights black tie and blank.  My husband told me that we obviously have to dress up for 7 nights and go naked for the other 7.  I am worried that if I tried go naked someone would drag me to the laundry to iron out the creases lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Binman - there was no box for me to ask for a personal brochure with baggage labels etc. I wasn’t bothered as I usually  just print them off. Last week the brochure came through the door. First time in about 3 or 4 cruises! 

Thanks for the reply .We have had 28 p and o cruises always select and only failed once for the booklet . Like to have the stronger labels they supply and like to see the information on ports excursions and no blacktie nights   In print .Wondered if they were thinking of doing away with them although select price I guess you pay for them in the price 

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

I will be putting the usual random distant relative in the next of kin box, or maybe leave it blank as they all live many hundreds of miles away and would not be interested in the state of my health!

Stick me down Dave, I will give you a good send off and spend your estate wisely.... 😊

Andy 

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Stick me down Dave, I will give you a good send off and spend your estate wisely.... 😊

Andy 

Hopefully after you have won the lottery, provided Dave is invited onto your cruise. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Well I logged back and it had accepted the insurance details, and the address of my friend.  Very odd.  As it's April, I do not have any dress codes, not that it matters.

You're not alone. Ours were there a couple of days ago, but nothing at all today when I went to check our travel insurance contact details were still valid (luckily they were so I didn't have to chance any updates).

1 hour ago, Two 2 Tango said:

Hi, got tickets at last but there was a bug in the PDF for luggage tags that will not let me print them. system now showing unable to retrieve your data. 🤬 

I find that very hard to believe as P&O's IT is usually so good !!

Despite receiving promotional e-mails encouraging me to book excursions, I am still unable to log on so cannot book excursions for an early February cruise.  I have reported this to the Q & A team and have received the usual pathetic excuse.  Should the excursions be full be the time I am able to book, I shall be very cross.

1 hour ago, Tablelamp said:

Despite receiving promotional e-mails encouraging me to book excursions, I am still unable to log on so cannot book excursions for an early February cruise.  I have reported this to the Q & A team and have received the usual pathetic excuse.  Should the excursions be full be the time I am able to book, I shall be very cross.

is it possible to phone P&O to book excursions? I don’t know if it’s an option but like you I would be concerned. I’ve managed to book one for April.

The new personaliser is a joke. Have spent a couple of hours trying to book excursions on lineto no avail. Eventually, after 20 minutes trying to get through to P and O on the phone I managed to have my call answered  only to be told that although I could book the excursions the machine which takes the credit card number for payment did not work.  What now.

So totally fed up with the new system. Luckily we don’t sail until Sept so am hoping it’ll be fixed well before then so can book excursions etc. At the moment it won’t even accept our login details - yet have managed to get on it before a couple of times to fill in the basics. I despair...! 

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Not working again this morning.

I had an email from our TA that our tickets and labels are available to print so I tried to sign on and my details are not recognised.

When will they get it right ?

Same for me - 1st time I have not been able to login. I am able to put in login details OK but it does not open. I have tickets to print as well.

Edited by bee-ess

Everything about the new system seems crazy. You would think that everything would be standard, but no. Some can do things that others can’t, some seem to be able to everything required of them. I received a brochure for the first time in a couple of years/ 3 cruises, complete with labels. I didn’t realise that only select received it, but we always book select! Six weeks to our cruise, not done the insurance and next of kin details yet, wish me luck.

On 1/18/2020 at 11:30 AM, Dorsetduo said:

The new personaliser is a joke. Have spent a couple of hours trying to book excursions on lineto no avail. Eventually, after 20 minutes trying to get through to P and O on the phone I managed to have my call answered  only to be told that although I could book the excursions the machine which takes the credit card number for payment did not work.  What now.

it’s the same old thing that we hear time and time again.  If it ain’t broke don’t fix it?

I just tried again to print our tickets and luggage labels and am happy to say that they have now printed with no problems so I can happily go away next week knowing that I have everything ready for our February cruise.  Hopefully the problems will all be sorted before I need to print our next sets of tickets and labels in June.

• Like 1

Out of interest, do those of you who use a laptop to access your personaliser have more luck than those of us using a tablet or mobile? Just wondering if the CP works better on a PC and isn’t properly set up for other media yet. Crazy in this world of technology...

I use a laptop, IPad and Kindle fire with varying results.  If I am trying to do something on P&O's site and hit problems on the platform that I am currently using I try the others.  It is very hit and miss as to which if any will work at any given time. 

Having spent all of my working life in IT development I have come to the conclusion that P&O make ad hoc changes and then do not thoroughly system check that their changes have not adversely affected other areas of their systems.

Edited by Josy1953