Bliss 1/5/2020 sailing from NYC

PistolPete13

11 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

I noticed two green (refillable) water bottles on the counter in your cabin picture -- were they a Latitudes perk, or does every guest get them?  Thanks for all of the great pictures and notes -- we'll be on Bliss in April; first time on NCL, first time on a BIG ship, first time out of NYC!

Hi @IRMO12HD

I brought my gym water bottle on board (empty).  It looks like two because it's in front of the mirror.  I'm not Latitudes but I didn't notice any NCL branded water bottles being used outside of what was being sold in the gift shop.  So I don't think that will be a perk. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mamashamiller said:

Do you recommend this spot for sail away 

love your reviews!!!!

Oh no, I live on Staten Island about 1 mile from the base of the bridge in this photo.  I've posted photos in the past of different ships leaving NY Harbor.  It was just strange to be on the ship this time.

As for vantage point, I recommend getting as high as you can on the ship.  On the Bliss it was Deck 18, where the laser tag setup was.

• Like 2

Thanks, @PistolPete13!  I'll be bringing my own water bottle; was just curious.  We're NCL newbies, so no Latitudes status for us either.  Do they have water bottle refill stations (like in the airports), or do you have to do the 'fill a glass, then pour it in your water bottle' routine?  Sounds like it will be easy to hit my target 10,000 steps a day!

1 minute ago, IRMO12HD said:

Thanks, @PistolPete13!  I'll be bringing my own water bottle; was just curious.  We're NCL newbies, so no Latitudes status for us either.  Do they have water bottle refill stations (like in the airports), or do you have to do the 'fill a glass, then pour it in your water bottle' routine?  Sounds like it will be easy to hit my target 10,000 steps a day!

It's the fill a glass routine due to sanitary concerns.  I think all the NCL ships have the same water and ice dispenser so a water bottle lip can just about touch the water exit, not good.  I've only been on the Escape and now Bliss however.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Oh no, I live on Staten Island about 1 mile from the base of the bridge in this photo.  I've posted photos in the past of different ships leaving NY Harbor.  It was just strange to be on the ship this time.

As for vantage point, I recommend getting as high as you can on the ship.  On the Bliss it was Deck 18, where the laser tag setup was.

Isn’t Lazer tag on 20?

2 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

You may be right.  I lose count once the elevator stops.  I don't remember how many levels I had to climb to reach the top.

It’s 20, only thing up there, but r u able to post dallied? Would b great! Thx

Oh, I forgot to mention, as the cruise went on, the sleepers from the Observation Lounge started making their way to the Waterfront deck.  I'll keep my mouth shut and let others debate the merits of taking up an entire couch on a busy sea day...

ZE6_8643.jpg

Edited by PistolPete13

1 minute ago, mamashamiller said:

Did you take any pictures of the food?

love the menus so helpful!

did you try the sirloin steak on everyday menu 

I took photos of every meal I ate but I didn't think anyone here would want to see that!  LOL

The steak on the regular menu was decent.  I had it 2 or 3 times during the cruise.

Edited by PistolPete13

Ok, last one for the day (maybe).

Day 6 (Ocho Rios) 1/10/2020

We pulled into Jamaica on a stormy morning that made for some dramatic photos.  My excursion was for Dunn river falls and a dolphin encounter.  I'll post my thoughts on both of those after I've finished processing all the photos.

ZE6_8720.jpg

ZE6_8707.jpg

ZE6_8670.jpg

ZE6_8664.jpg

ZE6_8643.jpg

ZE6_8631-Pano.jpg

ZE6_8614.jpg

ZE6_8609.jpg

ZE6_8578.jpg

ZE6_8557.jpg

ZE6_8543.jpg

ZE6_8528.jpg